Internet Explorer 8 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Internet Explorer 8

Agent6-3/8
07-02-2009, 07:07
Any problems with it or should I go ahead and download?

DoubleWide
07-02-2009, 10:04
No major problems with it, but I'd download Firefox 3.5 instead.

Steve in PA
07-02-2009, 10:16
I've been using it for several weeks with no issues to report.

Obi Wan
07-02-2009, 10:27
How about XP, SP3?

I've been hanging on with SP2 and IE 7.0 on the old PC, although do have Firefox on the laptop and the new PC.

Like Firefox, but their very rudimentary 'Bookmark' tool sucks big time.

Sgt. Schultz
07-02-2009, 11:27
Any problems with it or should I go ahead and download?Like the others I prefer Firefox because it is still faster then IE. I had a few customers that have experienced problems after installing IE 8 that disappeared when they uninstalled it and went back to IE 7 ... they were all older (3 - 5 years) computers.

How about XP, SP3? I've been hanging on with SP2 and IE 7.0 on the old PC, although do have Firefox on the laptop and the new PC.Have you been keeping your system update with the latest patches and critical updates? If so then you have almost everything already because sp3 is made up of a collection of previously available updates and patches along with some minor enhancements and they are designed to assist those that manage large numbers of computers on business networks.

Obi Wan
07-02-2009, 12:58
Like the others I prefer Firefox because it is still faster then IE. I had a few customers that have experienced problems after installing IE 8 that disappeared when they uninstalled it and went back to IE 7 ... they were all older (3 - 5 years) computers.
I kind of suspected that IE 8 would be more of a cpu hog, etc, just like I saw going from IE 6 to IE 7 on this 9 year old PC.

Have you been keeping your system update with the latest patches and critical updates? If so then you have almost everything already because sp3 is made up of a collection of previously available updates and patches along with some minor enhancements and they are designed to assist those that manage large numbers of computers on business networks.
Yeah, I pretty much stay on top of all updates, with the exception of the major ones like IE 8, etc. I've held off on SP3 thus far because, as usual with MS, I heard of some issues. I've gotten used to waiting at least 6-12 months before updating on the "major" stuff from Microsoft. Kind of like buying a new model car. :supergrin:
Thanks, Sarge!

mac59
07-05-2009, 17:56
So far so good but i use Firefox most of the time.

itisbruno
07-05-2009, 18:16
For things requiring IE try AVANT (http://www.avantbrowser.com/)

feelinlucky?
07-05-2009, 18:33
You may want to Google it...I canceled the download after reading the problems. Never download something new...wait for the bugs to get out of it.