Silvercreek IDPA match scores - July 4, 2009 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Silvercreek IDPA match scores - July 4, 2009

TreehugginGlock
07-05-2009, 11:53
Ladies and Gentlemen:

I want to thank each and every one of you for making this 4th of July such a memorable one for the Silvercreek IDPA club and me. I cannot think of a better way to celebrate our American freedoms then to enjoy our right to bear arms on this holiday that was won by our forefathers and mothers that have fought and died to preserve our rights.

This was the best turn out we have ever had at a monthly IDPA match at Silvercreek and we hope each of you will join us again in the future, including our out of town friends. We had 39 shooters this month which is just simply amazing. Many were first time IDPA shooters, too. We hope you enjoy the sport and decide to join IDPA and shoot with us again next month.

With positive thinking, all of the help from those who helped with setup and registration, and the SO's and shooters who helped score, paste and tear down the stages, we were able to successfully enjoy our match without the bad weather that had been threatened. It wasn't until after everyone had left that we got the brunt of the rain which I call a 4th of July miracle!

I would like to congratulate our top shooter, Mr. Carlos Gibson, who joined us all the way from Virginia! So glad you could make it. Hope to see you again next time you're in the area.

I would also like to congratulate our most accurate shooter, our very own, Otis Fox, who shot the entire match with only 6 points down! Way to go, Otis! That's some pretty neat shootin' and he always looks so clean and neat while he's doing it, too.

Without everyone's help and cooperation, these matches would not be possible. If you can help with any of the set up of the stages on Thursday or Friday before the match or can help on the day of the match in any way, please let me know. Many hands will make lighter work for all. Thank you, everyone!

Leigh Ann Jeter
IDPA Match Director
Silvercreek Conservation Club
Sellersburg, Indiana
www.silvercreekcc.org

P.S. If anyone left a blue Camelbak water jug at the match, I have it. You can get it from me at the match next month, or you can contact me to make arrangements for earlier pick up

Berretta9
07-05-2009, 18:04
Dean, it looks like you have joined the dark side. I may have to come shoot one myself. Whats the world comming to ??????:wow::wow: Looks like she gets them started before it really gets hot. Good Job Leigh Ann.

KYgundoc
07-05-2009, 18:36
Dean, it looks like you have joined the dark side. I may have to come shoot one myself. Whats the world comming to ??????:wow::wow: Looks like she gets them started before it really gets hot. Good Job Leigh Ann.

I just shot at silver creek today at the same time as everyone else. As someone forgot to record one of my times I did not get a score. So if I did not get a score Did I really shoot an IDPA match? I think I just shot at Silver creek today at the same time as an IDPA match.:miff:

Rules are whacked. You can't drop a mag on the ground if it has rounds in it or if you have a round left in the gun. Shooting from retention means shooting from the hip. You can,t reload on the run only from behind cover and you have to "slice pie":shocked:

TreehugginGlock
07-06-2009, 07:48
I just shot at silver creek today at the same time as everyone else. As someone forgot to record one of my times I did not get a score. So if I did not get a score Did I really shoot an IDPA match? I think I just shot at Silver creek today at the same time as an IDPA match.

Rules are whacked. You can't drop a mag on the ground if it has rounds in it or if you have a round left in the gun. Shooting from retention means shooting from the hip. You can,t reload on the run only from behind cover and you have to "slice pie":crying:

So you can't chew gum while you shoot, either. :animlol:

IDPA just takes a little more thought process. Nothing you were not already aware of, courtesy of moi.

I'll get you back out there eventually. :wavey:

But, hey, don't let your partner in crime give you too hard of a way to go. He actually drove down to Adair County in the Spring and took the class to be an IDPA certified SO and even went back and SO'd his required supervised match. He's just not been brave enough to show up at a local match and actually shoot an IDPA match. :shame: