Colt Cobra [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Colt Cobra

userfriendly
07-06-2009, 04:58
May offer sakin 12,000 pesos for 38 special Colt Cobra snubnose revolver. This is the aluminum version of the Detective Special. Ok ba price na ito? Gun looks nice, but I dont know anything about revolvers.

BTW, owner has passed away a long time ago, if I get this, how do I get it licensed?

BrassKnuckle
07-06-2009, 05:20
That's a good gun, and the price sounds fair assuming it's in good condition. Unlike the S&W J-frame snubbies, that holds 6 rounds.

You might be able to get it licensed during the amnesty. Have the serial number checked first to see if it's "clean".

Let me know if you don't want it. :)

userfriendly
07-06-2009, 06:33
Let me know if you don't want it.

Oh I want it. I always wanted a Detective Special and a Python. This might be the closest I get to the detective special.

OT: Any news on the ammnesty program? I read that there is supposed to be one this month but have not found any implementing rules.

MAJINKONG
07-06-2009, 06:44
this coming september sir

BrassKnuckle
07-06-2009, 08:25
OT: Any news on the ammnesty program? I read that there is supposed to be one this month but have not found any implementing rules.

Just spoke to someone from FED last week; they don't have the IRR for the amnesty yet.

Good luck on the Cobra; that's a good one. Research the net for the checkout procedure on buying a used revolver.

isuzu
07-06-2009, 20:33
What's the barrel length of the revolver? Is it a five-shooter? Does it have a removable hammer shroud? Just don't use +P loads on them.

jundeleon
07-06-2009, 22:21
I used to have a Colt Cobra way back in 1990, actually my first gun.

Mine had six-shot capacity, lightweight/aluminum frame, satin chrome finish, slim walnut grips, spur hammer.

It was very light, easy, comfortable to carry, and safe too from accidental discharge when dropped because the hammer/firing pin doesnt touch the round until the trigger is pulled.

I bought it from a customs guy for 12k then sold it to an uncle for about the same price also.

Allegra
07-07-2009, 02:03
Careful lang
everytime someone offers me a colt or SW na walang license , pag pinatingin ko sa gunsmith , danao class A daw
Even I couldnt tell the difference

userfriendly
07-07-2009, 07:38
What's the barrel length of the revolver? Is it a five-shooter? Does it have a removable hammer shroud? Just don't use +P loads on them.

2 inch barrel. 6 shooter. What is a removable hammer shroud?
I checked the serial number on the web and it seems to have been manufactured around 1954. Thanks for the tip on not using +P.

Careful lang
everytime someone offers me a colt or SW na walang license , pag pinatingin ko sa gunsmith , danao class A daw
Even I couldnt tell the difference

Thanks for the tip. Can you recommend a good revolver gunsmith?

jimbullet
07-07-2009, 12:59
That is an excellent firearm and good price too. If it hasnt been fired too often, its worth more than that.

Dont think Cobra's manufactured then had removable hammer shrouds

Allegra
07-07-2009, 15:36
2 inch barrel. 6 shooter. What is a removable hammer shroud?
I checked the serial number on the web and it seems to have been manufactured around 1954. Thanks for the tip on not using +P.

Thanks for the tip. Can you recommend a good revolver gunsmith?

I'm bringing a SW 22 magnum to metrillo later this week to have it reblued
Siya lang kasi at si Jun tuason kilala kong gunsmith
Baka other BOGs could recommend others in your area

jimbullet
07-08-2009, 01:24
If you cant take it to a gunsmith, I believe you can test it yourself i.e. is there too much play when the cylinder is closed, does the hammer play when cocked, is trigger crisp - not competition trigger crisp but at least breaks the shot relatively good.