Vehicle carry in Minnesota? Also, Alcohol BAC while carrying? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle carry in Minnesota? Also, Alcohol BAC while carrying?

douglasd
07-12-2009, 17:58
I live in Michigan but will be coming to Duluth next weekend for my niece's wedding. I know that MN honors my MI license, and I can find all the pistol-free zones, but what I can't seem to find is any law regarding carrying in a vehicle.

In Michigan, your vehicle is considered an extension of your home, and your gun doesn't have to be concealed, or can be. You can lay it on your dashboard if you want to (although I don't think that's very smart). If it's inside your car/vehicle, it's considered concealed even if it can be seen from the outside.

Also, I was wondering what the legal blood alcohol content is in MN while carrying? I don't normally drink while carrying, but at the receptions it's possible I may have a glass of wine or two with dinner. Just curious. In MI it's very low, like .02%.

Any other peculiarities I should know before coming to MN?

Thanks for any input.

JML2365
07-13-2009, 22:43
In MN your BAC can be .04 or lower to carry a weapon. As far as the car goes you should have it concealed in the vehicle. If someone sees your weapon in the open expect to be taken out of your car at gunpoint by local LEO's. In MN you have to have your gun in a locked case (or trunk) and unloaded in a vehicle unless you have a CCW.

Butch
08-04-2009, 01:08
Hey Doug, are you going to shoot the Brighton GSSF match this weekend?

A small truck load of us are coming out to it! Should be there Friday evening....

How'd the trip go for ya?

:patriot: