Help FBI Agent John Shipley [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Help FBI Agent John Shipley

GO-FOR-IT
07-16-2009, 18:02
Has anyone heard or been following the ordeal FBI Agent John Shipley is having with the ATF ? You be the judge ! Checkout www.shipleylegalfund.com I for one will be sending this NRA member a check.

chaplin1
07-16-2009, 18:18
Wow, they're really selective in the details of what he allegedly did, so I had to look it up on Google. He sold approximately 50 weapons in the last few years, including a .50 caliber rifle that ended up in the hands of a Mexican gang? Is that correct?

leadbutt
07-16-2009, 18:24
Helping him is throwing good money at the bad

GO-FOR-IT
07-16-2009, 18:31
I think this guy is getting railroaded ! The press only puts out what they want you to hear and puts a spin on it. He sold a gun to a dirty cop and who knows the feds could put the smoke and mirrors on anyone if, they want to.

A/C Guy
07-16-2009, 18:44
He was buying and selling several guns a month. He knew he was selling to prohibited persons. We have people here in Phoenix that do the same. They claim it is non of their business if their buyers were felons or are illegal aliens. They buy at retail and resell for a couple hundred more. Who but a felon or illegal alien would pay $700 for a $500 handgun?

He deserves to be in prison.

ATF statistics show that 75% of denials on 4473's are illegal aliens in Az, Ca, and Tx.

The guy knew what he was doing even though he claims to be ignorant of the facts.

slewfoot
07-16-2009, 19:34
The only money of mine that will go him will be to house, clothe and feed him for the next twenty something years.

Gunnut 45/454
07-19-2009, 15:54
If those charges are true -Fry him-let the courts sort it out!:faint:

feltonfitz
07-20-2009, 11:14
This man is related to a good friend of mine who I would trust with my life. I believe you can NOT believe everything you read in the media. Have we not learned that yet? Look at how the 2 boarder patrol guards were treated when they were just doing their jobs. My company insures thousands gun collectors and they definitely buy and sell guns in order to build their collections. In this instance the accused sold a good portion of his collection in order to pay for invitro fertilization and eventually to adopt 2 children. We have many collector customers that due to the economy aer liquidating parts or all of their collections.

feltonfitz
07-20-2009, 11:15
PS: He sold the guns in question to a law enforcement officer.

Gunnut 45/454
07-20-2009, 14:48
feltonfitz
So is that LEO under indictment as well or was he the one who turned in the agent? How did the arms get traced to Shipley if he did sell them to people who were not suposed to own arms/ Mex Cartels? Private sales are legal as long as the person buying can legally own/posses resident of IN. Now if he sold privately to people outside of IN. Then he broke the law! If he sold through an FFL to outside state resident then he was legal. Does he have a paper trail to whom he sold to? If not then he's screwed cause the feds will eat him alive in court.:faint:

Jerry
07-22-2009, 14:04
http://www.examiner.com/x-1417-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2009m7d22-Is-FBI-agent-charged-with-illegal-gun-dealing-just-a-collector

Gunnut 45/454
07-22-2009, 18:35
Jerry
As I said if he indeed sold the firearm to the person in El Paso without going through an FFL then he broke the law! Now are they also going to prosecute that guy for selling the gun in Mexico? If Shipley had used an FFL to sell this gun then he would be not guilty of any crime- the FFL might be on the hook, and the guy that bought it should be thrown in jail for sure!:upeyes:

Jerry
07-22-2009, 19:39
Jerry
As I said if he indeed sold the firearm to the person in El Paso without going through an FFL then he broke the law! Now are they also going to prosecute that guy for selling the gun in Mexico? If Shipley had used an FFL to sell this gun then he would be not guilty of any crime- the FFL might be on the hook, and the guy that bought it should be thrown in jail for sure!:upeyes:

That wasn’t posted in response to your post. Notice I didn't quite you. Just positing information as I find it.

Gunnut 45/454
07-23-2009, 10:18
Jerry
Kool no skin off my nose! We Obviously are not getting the whole story. The fact that Shipley is an FBI agent does play with me. I don't care if your God himself you knowing break the law you have to pay the price -ignorance is not an excuse. An if like he has sated on his site that he's a collector he knows damn well you don't sell to out of state persons with going through a FFL.

wildeye111
02-24-2010, 11:39
Hello GFI.

YES, I have. I personaly know John, I see him at least once a month. He is for lack of a better term getting railroaded. I know more info about his case than anyone else online. I had to deal with the same ATF agents when they came over to investigate me, I know first had he is NOT guilty. I kept a low online profile until now. Let me know if you have questions.

Has anyone heard or been following the ordeal FBI Agent John Shipley is having with the ATF ? You be the judge ! Checkout www.shipleylegalfund.com I for one will be sending this NRA member a check.

series1811
02-24-2010, 11:41
I don't know the facts of his case, but I know I wouldn't trust anything I read in the media about what happened.

wildeye111
02-24-2010, 11:43
Yes, this is correct. But there is more here than meets the eye.
He sold the Barrett to a local EP Sheriff (BY FEDERAL LAW- PERSON TO PERSON WEAPON SALES IN THE SAME STATE(this was in the same city) DO NOT REQUIRE A FFL TRANSFER- then from this Sheriff it went to another person and then into Mexico.

Wow, they're really selective in the details of what he allegedly did, so I had to look it up on Google. He sold approximately 50 weapons in the last few years, including a .50 caliber rifle that ended up in the hands of a Mexican gang? Is that correct?

wildeye111
02-24-2010, 11:43
If he was truly guilty, then yes i agree.

helping him is throwing good money at the bad

wildeye111
02-24-2010, 11:44
You are a wise man......

i think this guy is getting railroaded ! The press only puts out what they want you to hear and puts a spin on it. He sold a gun to a dirty cop and who knows the feds could put the smoke and mirrors on anyone if, they want to.

wildeye111
02-24-2010, 11:51
What is your definition of "several guns a month"?
Mine is any number more than a couple (which is two) and just above a "few" wich is THREE, So for argument sake lets say it was 5 a month. Were can you find the details in the GCA of 68' that pin points this number and seperates the difference from someone who is selling off weapons from his collection to acting as a dealer?

I paid an extra $200 over the price of a Glock pistol durring these mad "OBAMA the gun sales man" rush these past few years.

You need to get your facts straight- there are always two sides.

He was buying and selling several guns a month. He knew he was selling to prohibited persons. We have people here in Phoenix that do the same. They claim it is non of their business if their buyers were felons or are illegal aliens. They buy at retail and resell for a couple hundred more. Who but a felon or illegal alien would pay $700 for a $500 handgun?

He deserves to be in prison.

ATF statistics show that 75% of denials on 4473's are illegal aliens in Az, Ca, and Tx.

The guy knew what he was doing even though he claims to be ignorant of the facts.

wildeye111
02-24-2010, 11:53
if you pay taxes, which I believe you do..then you are already paying money to house criminals, lets not pay to house a good guy.

The only money of mine that will go him will be to house, clothe and feed him for the next twenty something years.

wildeye111
02-24-2010, 11:56
YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD!!!

He not only adopted two children, but he sold his GUNS for them..A tuff thing for a gun collector like myself to do. He is Christian and a very good father and husband, who is now out of a job and is struggling day to day.

This man is related to a good friend of mine who I would trust with my life. I believe you can NOT believe everything you read in the media. Have we not learned that yet? Look at how the 2 boarder patrol guards were treated when they were just doing their jobs. My company insures thousands gun collectors and they definitely buy and sell guns in order to build their collections. In this instance the accused sold a good portion of his collection in order to pay for invitro fertilization and eventually to adopt 2 children. We have many collector customers that due to the economy aer liquidating parts or all of their collections.

wildeye111
02-24-2010, 12:01
This LEO (EP Sheriff)is in jail- ATF got him on an illegal SBR
ATF contacted John after the Sheriff told them who sold the rifle to him- they contacted John for more info and the story gets ugly from here....

feltonfitz
So is that LEO under indictment as well or was he the one who turned in the agent? How did the arms get traced to Shipley if he did sell them to people who were not suposed to own arms/ Mex Cartels? Private sales are legal as long as the person buying can legally own/posses resident of IN. Now if he sold privately to people outside of IN. Then he broke the law! If he sold through an FFL to outside state resident then he was legal. Does he have a paper trail to whom he sold to? If not then he's screwed cause the feds will eat him alive in court.:faint:

wildeye111
02-24-2010, 12:05
HUH?
I havn't read any further posts below this one yet, but I hope you have been corrected. If you live in the same city or state as the buyer then you do not have to go through an FFL. If you and the buyer live in different states then you must go through an FFL. Look up and read..hell memorize the GCA of 68' EVERY GUN OWNER SHOULD.

Jerry

wildeye111
02-24-2010, 12:06
OK- you are getting on the same page. He did go through an FFL for all out of state sales.

Jerry
Kool no skin off my nose! We Obviously are not getting the whole story. The fact that Shipley is an FBI agent does play with me. I don't care if your God himself you knowing break the law you have to pay the price -ignorance is not an excuse. An if like he has sated on his site that he's a collector he knows damn well you don't sell to out of state persons with going through a FFL.

wildeye111
02-24-2010, 12:09
You are absolutly right, most if not all of the media is bias.

I don't know the facts of his case, but I know I wouldn't trust anything I read in the media about what happened.

wildeye111
02-24-2010, 12:18
READ THIS:

http://www.shipleylegalfund.com/media-information

AND THIS:

http://www.examiner.com/x-1417-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2009m7d22-Is-FBI-agent-charged-with-illegal-gun-dealing-just-a-collector

ElPasoGlock
03-31-2010, 20:45
Trial starts next week, Let's all support and pray for the Shipley family. Imagine how you would feel if the government with their unlimited resources came after you.

Gunnut 45/454
04-01-2010, 12:54
wildeye111
Good then it will all come out in the trail!! Like I said if he abided by the laws when he sold the weapons then he has nothing to worry about! Sounds like that Sheriff he sold to wasn't following the laws and is trying to save his arse and made a deal! There are bad people all over the place and some of them where badges! I wish him all the best - as they say better tried by 12 then carried by 6!:supergrin: All my comments before were based on what was available! We all know the BATF is not our freind as gun owners -never have been! Personnaly I would like them to be gone! Along with must of the Unconstitutional gun laws! We can only hope and pray for that day!:whistling:

DonL
04-05-2010, 21:51

You need to watch the Senate hearings on how those two border patrol agents conducted themselves.....They belong in jail.

blkt2
04-05-2010, 22:32
Has anyone here been a first hand witness to any federal investigation? The FBI does EXACTLY what the BATFE is doing to this man every single day. I don't like what is happening to this man but what goes around comes around.

gunhunny
12-08-2011, 14:59
I've heard that he's getting railroaded. Apparently one entire day of his testimony's transcript is "missing" and the ATF can't produce it. He's in prison, judge said no grounds for a retrial, and his new attorney can't get the ATF to release information. I think there are legal precedents for dismissal of the verdict, or at least grounds for a retrial. Legal world of El Paso seems to be a cess pool!

I sense a bit of shady behavior - so if the Fast and Furious is happening in Arizona, do you think maybe the ATF is trying to hide the El Paso portion of their "operation"???? :steamed:

ChadN.
12-08-2011, 15:18
Maybe Eric Holder can talk to Obama about letting the guy go.

oh wait...

SpringerTGO
12-08-2011, 15:25
If he is innocent, I hope he gets off. But there are some unanswered questions.

He appears to be profiting from the sale of weapons. He can say he was building a "collection", but the "collection" was sold to pay for invitro. On the surface it looks like he turned his profit into income to pay for the procedure. I doubt he got out of bed one day and said, "gee honey, let's go get invitro. I'll sell the guns". Things like that do take planning.

Next, I wonder how it turns out that he sold the 50 to an LEO. Was the LEO undercover? If so, did the LEO say something to make it out to be an illegal transfer? Why would the LEO buy it and turn him in if it was all on the up and up?

I also wonder what the deal with the flight attendant and passenger had to do with any of this?

This is not the first time I've read (on Glock Talk) about people doing questionable things with weapons, putting an anti gun spin on it, and getting every 2a rights person to jump on the bandwagon without having all the facts.

I am not saying he is guilty. I'm just saying we don't have anywhere near all the facts.