Hotheaded school executive loses gun permit [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Hotheaded school executive loses gun permit

PMMA97
07-16-2009, 18:04
Hotheaded school executive loses gun permit
By Cecille Suerte Felipe Updated July 11, 2009 12:00 AM

MANILA, Philippines - The Philippine National Police (PNP) revoked yesterday the privilege of a vice president of a computer school to own a gun and carry it outside his residence after he allegedly manhandled a gasoline boy in Quezon City last week.

Charles Sullivan was caught on video allegedly attacking Alfredo Gallaza, a gasoline boy at a Petron station at the corner of Timog and Tomas Morato Avenues in Barangay Laging Handa at around 11 a.m. on July 6. His firearm was seen tucked in his waistband.

PNP chief Director General Jesus Verzosa, who saw the video, immediately ordered a thorough investigation of the matter to prevent a repeat of the incident.

Director German Doria, chief of the Directorate for Police Community Relations, said the Firearms and Explosives Division (FED) ordered Sulivan to surrender his .45 caliber pistol.

“Based on our assessment, he is not fit to carry a gun because he has a problem with his temper,” said Doria during a press conference at the PNP Press Office.

The STAR tried but failed to get Sullivan’s side of the story.

Police said Sullivan arrived at the station and presented his fleet card to have his gas tank filled. As a matter of procedure, Gallaza told Sullivan to wait as they would verify his card. It was then that Sullivan allegedly alighted from his vehicle and tried to strangle Gallaza.

Doria said Sullivan’s actions prompted Verzosa to take action by ordering FED to cancel his license and permit to carry firearms outside the residence (PTCFOR).

He said owning a gun is a privilege that comes with responsibility.

“Guns should be kept away from the public. It should be in a clutch bag and should not be in plain sight,” Doria said.

The PTCFOR is supposed to be given to individuals with imminent death threats. However, some civilians were given the privilege to secure PTCFOR, he said.

Although Sullivan has no death threat, Doria said the PNP banked on his standing in a reputable school when he was allowed to own a firearm and secure a PTCFOR.

PMMA97
07-16-2009, 18:06
“Guns should be kept away from the public. It should be in a clutch bag and should not be in plain sight,” Doria said.

Para mas madali ma snatch?:upeyes:

choi_tan2000
07-16-2009, 18:36
pag may clutch bag ka para mo narig sinabi na may baril ka ?

hehe ( di lang dapat kinansel ptc di ba dapat me kaso kasi nanutok at nang leeg??)

Allegra
07-16-2009, 19:29
Para mas madali ma snatch?:upeyes:

di bale na ma snatch , nakatakot mapagkamalan DOM! :)

Black_SIR
07-16-2009, 19:37
pag may clutch bag ka para mo narig sinabi na may baril ka ?

hehe ( di lang dapat kinansel ptc di ba dapat me kaso kasi nanutok at nang leeg??)

nanunutok ba? jailtime na yan if he tote his pistol

nasa clutch bag? practice ka quickdraw from the bag pag BG points hs gun at you :wow:

isuzu
07-16-2009, 19:43

:rofl:

PMMA97
07-16-2009, 19:47

:supergrin:

9MX
07-17-2009, 00:22
dahil lang sa isang clutchbug, gusto mo na kami maging DOM?

Wp.22
07-17-2009, 01:00
ilan taon ba bago ka tawagin DOM. Siguro pag may anak ka na sa college like FAFA A. and Doc EC si gramps parang elementary or high school pa lang yung sa mga anak nya eh.

atmarcella
07-17-2009, 04:25
nakatakot mapagkamalan DOM!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

thank you master a, you just made my day.

Allegra
07-17-2009, 04:51
ilan taon ba bago ka tawagin DOM. Siguro pag may anak ka na sa college like FAFA A. and Doc EC si gramps parang elementary or high school pa lang yung sa mga anak nya eh.

Excuse me fafa , nagpunta nga ako registrars office , pinapila ako , akala kukuha ako ng upcat , ang inis ko e

Subukan ko nga mag clutch bag ............ " Hija, may load ka na ba? "

MAJINKONG
07-17-2009, 06:04
nanunutok ba? jailtime na yan if he tote his pistol

nasa clutch bag? practice ka quickdraw from the bag pag BG points hs gun at you :wow:

WooWWW... tactical draw from the cluthchbag... new skill to master

nrmcolt
07-17-2009, 06:58
Subukan ko nga mag clutch bag ............ " Hijo, may load ka na ba? "

Yan fafa fix it for ya

9MX
07-17-2009, 07:13
Subukan ko nga mag clutch bag ............ " Hija, may load ka na ba? "

mukhang aral ka kay dojo ah:rofl:

edtf
07-17-2009, 07:48

Puwede din JDM - Jr DOM :D

Allegra
07-17-2009, 18:57
mukhang aral ka kay dojo ah:rofl:

try mo makinig kay Apollo....... " di na tinatanong kung gusto mo ng bahay , ang tanong ko kung ilang floor ang gusto mo.." heehee

Hindi putok ang namimiss ko sa ppsa, mga dabarkads hehe

On topic - mag maxpedition nalang , ng di halatang dom

Allegra
07-17-2009, 19:07
Yan fafa fix it for ya

fafa , parang di ka dumaan sa boylet days a
Adidas/nike ang magic word

dapat lagyan ng smileys at baka maniwala nga kayo haha

superman79
07-18-2009, 00:33
This AMA VP is a dumb SOB! His stunt screwed us all!:steamed:

jimbullet
07-18-2009, 03:55
Agree, his actions are that of an irresponsible cave man at that. Nabigyan lang ng responsibilidad, akala kung sinong may power na...

This has tainted the general peaceloving gun owners/ enthusiasts.

ruger
07-19-2009, 07:45
dapat talaga bugbugin yun gas boy, kasi imbis sa gas tank niya pinasok yun gas sa rear compartment niya inispray kasi may dumaan na chic na maganda, nawala daw focus niya

atmarcella
07-19-2009, 23:10
bugbugin ng kamay pwede. kung sinampal or suntok or batok pwede. yung baril kinakalabit yan hindi yan pangbugbug.

choi_tan2000
07-19-2009, 23:24
ang lokong VP pati tuloy mga lespu ngaun eh bawal na magsukbit sa bewang, kaya mga BGs eh clutch bag nalang ang babantayan sigurado o malamang me baril diba

maglalabas daw order ang PNP

zij11zk
07-20-2009, 21:56

hahaha... DOM... :rofl:

mas mabagsik kung mapagkamalang ATCHENG... di ba nung 1980s at 1970s mga ATCHENG lang naka clutch bag?

http://unmanly.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/man-bag1.jpg

zij11zk
07-20-2009, 22:01
Pag ganito itusra... malamang ATCHENG din na may baril... sa clutch bag...

it'ss really pointless to keep a gun in a bag.... mas madaling ma snatch...

Also kapag naka MAX Ped na bag... its very obvious that this fellow is likely carrying a concealed weapon...

This issue is really pointless and has affected alot of peaceful gunowners...

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/74947626.jpg

Tejeron
07-21-2009, 10:25
dapat we all write a letter to this assh...e

pwede kaya ito ang carry ko?

http://www.geckoandfly.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/vtm_gun_belgium_plastic_bag_advertising_crime.jpg

http://comps.fotosearch.com/comp/DGV/DGV085/handgun-plastic-bag_~200380908-001.jpg

Valor1
07-21-2009, 18:56
Ogag talaga yang Vp na yan. Lalo na yung mga Boss nyan. Yun nga lang di natyetempuhan because of the language of money.

PMMA97
07-23-2009, 06:46
I saw in some forums that the new PTCFOR cards already states that the firearm should be carried in a bag. Can anyone confirm this?

Kaiser Soze
07-23-2009, 08:17
I saw in some forums that the new PTCFOR cards already states that the firearm should be carried in a bag. Can anyone confirm this?

IF this is true, can someone send me the school exec's address? I would like him to pay for all the holsters that I can no longer use, or even better, I'm going to make him eat them. I hope he likes kydex and leather! :steamed:

meowr
07-23-2009, 09:33
IF this is true, can someone send me the school exec's address? I would like him to pay for all the holsters that I can no longer use, or even better, I'm going to make him eat them. I hope he likes kydex and leather! :steamed:

OMFG! PLEASE DO IT!!! :steamed:
I just got my PTC today...
It says:
"#2 The firearm must be kept in a clutch bag/gun bag and must not be tucked on the waist whether concealed by shirt nor be displayed or exposed to public view" :crying:

Hrmm... is a SmartCarry holster considered to be tucked on the waist? because it's tucked deep in a "gun bag" that is hanging in front of your privates, not your waist....

PMMA97
07-23-2009, 16:44
Aray! It's time to practice.

As Mahal would say, "It's better to be safe than choori".

flyboy 1
07-23-2009, 20:15
Perfect. There goes all the weapon retention skills that you learned out the window. They just handed legitimate firearms out to criminal elements on a silver platter. Let's just wait a couple of weeks for stories of how bonafide PNP plainclothes personnel or Civilians with PTC's were snatched of their "bags" containing their licensed firearms and subsequently used in propagating criminal activities like robberies or murders. And not to mention how easy it is for you to get killed when you are disarmed of your defensive firearm, the very reason you had it in the first place. Even officials way back to the Marcos years recognized how inappropriate and impractical this approach was (and remember this was martial law years pa, wherein they were very restricitive). My congratulations to the very intelligent (sic) people who came up with this idea. :upeyes:

Wp.22
07-23-2009, 20:24
malapit na siguro talaga ang martial law

jimbullet
07-24-2009, 00:53
In all honesty, I doubt if everyone would actually abide by the "clutch bag rule". Obviously holstering your weapon raises the possibility that LEOs will levy against you all sorts of charges. Times call for deep concealed carry.

edtf
07-24-2009, 01:36
Perfect. There goes all the weapon retention skills that you learned out the window. They just handed legitimate firearms out to criminal elements on a silver platter. Let's just wait a couple of weeks for stories of how bonafide PNP plainclothes personnel or Civilians with PTC's were snatched of their "bags" containing their licensed firearms and subsequently used in propagating criminal activities like robberies or murders. And not to mention how easy it is for you to get killed when you are disarmed of your defensive firearm, the very reason you had it in the first place. Even officials way back to the Marcos years recognized how inappropriate and impractical this approach was (and remember this was martial law years pa, wherein they were very restricitive). My congratulations to the very intelligent (sic) people who came up with this idea. :upeyes:

That brilliant idea was thought of by the chief PNP himself :steamed:

Tejeron
07-24-2009, 09:32
omg....mga IWB itatapon na lang ng mga tindahan at private citizens.

Wp.22
07-24-2009, 18:05
im wearing IWB right now dito sa office. Pag ininis ako ng HR i will pop her joke lang hehehehe

Young Once
07-24-2009, 18:59
Guys, it depends on the bag you're using. And just like with our IWB holsters, we should practice drawing from the bag/clutchbag. IMO, its better to use a sling bag because draw would be easier. However, again IMO, carrying a clutchbag also seems to have a sobering effect on those around you. Whether or not it contains a gun, almost everyone seems to think that you're carrying.

Young Once
07-24-2009, 19:00
I noticed this yesterday when I attended a seminar at the EDSA Shangrila. Everyone I knew at the venue kept on asking me if I had a gun. Hehehe.

Frontsight68
07-24-2009, 21:39
Just wondering about this order when it concerns other law enforcement/intelligence/govt agencies.

How will the PNP control waistband carry and enforce the Versoza order for bonafide plantilla personnel of the NBI, PDEA, Customs, ISAFP, DISG, and especially the PSG?

Frontsight

ppts799
07-25-2009, 01:46
im wearing IWB right now dito sa office. Pag ininis ako ng HR i will pop her joke lang hehehehe

kargado din ang mga HR, i should know :)

sabi ko sayo, ako nalang eh . . . :wow:

Young Once
07-25-2009, 03:24
Yung ibang taga HR dapat i pop, with a different kind of gun. Hehe

Wp.22
07-27-2009, 18:00
kargado din ang mga HR, i should know :)

sabi ko sayo, ako nalang eh . . . :wow:

Macho talaga ni FAFA Pio

chilipowder
07-27-2009, 21:05
it seems we will all be caught up in this inconvenience of having to abide by the new carry ruling...may i ask the group then if you could share some useful resources that may help in 'developing efficiency' in drawing from verrrry deeeeep concealed carry :) (drawing from bags/clutch bags, etc.)...are there any drills integrated in some courses of fire (IDPA maybe?) that call for such a method? im sure most of us could benefit from it.

ppts799
07-27-2009, 23:10
Yung ibang taga HR dapat i pop, with a different kind of gun. Hehe

may ibang HR din na maraming kalokohan :wow:

they pop their own staff with the "different kind of gun" :crying:

ppts799
07-27-2009, 23:12
Macho talaga ni FAFA Pio

may bayad ang hawak. HAHAHA!!! :rofl:

injured ako ngayon, puro tulog at kain. hehehe!

Valor1
07-28-2009, 02:25
ganda ng mga snubnose revolvers ngayon. ilalagay ko sa side pockets or ankle carry. at least di sya considered tucked on the waist. buset talaga

Eye Cutter
07-28-2009, 08:27
pasyente ko yang si charles sullivan! VP ng AMA. attached sa office of the president

9MX
07-28-2009, 09:17
pasyente ko yang si charles sullivan! VP ng AMA. attached sa office of the president

kelan next check up? papapuntahin namin si kaizer and his kydex.

tuturuan na din siya ng rear naked choke

Kaiser Soze
07-28-2009, 09:39
kelan next check up? papapuntahin namin si kaizer and his kydex.

tuturuan na din siya ng rear naked choke

Nakupo bro, I might not even get my chance. Our fellow gun owner friends from all over (I have been texting with a lot of people all the way from Benguet to Cebu) AND a LOT of LEO's affected by this new ruling want a piece of this dude. Looks like I'll have to fall in line :steamed: He seriously ********** up carrying for all of us.

I still want him to eat my holsters though...maybe he can also tell me which tastes better, Italian leather or US made.:steamed:

9MX
07-28-2009, 16:12
I still want him to eat my holsters though...maybe he can also tell me which tastes better, Italian leather or US made.:steamed:

:rofl: ano ba plate number ni charles, maybe the people at LTO would help, affected din ang flying squad

Allegra
07-28-2009, 17:36
Seriously , watching the sullivan vid made versoza decide na dapat sa clutchbag na ang baril?
Who said? sa dyaryo? haha

adenine
07-28-2009, 19:36
In all honesty, I doubt if everyone would actually abide by the "clutch bag rule"....

True!

Firstly, I had a meeting with various LEO's yesterday. All in different branches of service in the AFP. They were talking about this issue. For some reason I asked them for their own opinion about this system... Galit din yung mga LEO's na kausap ko kasi even sila ay gagamit na din ng clutch bag when not in duty! Dapat daw "ang sunod na Chief ay yung someone tumaas from the ranks para maayos mga desisyon! Di basta basta lang! Alam nya ang necessity ng holstered carry! Dadami anya neto mamamatay sa parte namin"...:dunno:

Secondly, they also want to join the "holster feeding!:rofl:

adenine
07-28-2009, 19:47
So if tucking in is prohibited, pwede kaya ankle holstered? Instead of a clutch bag?

jimbullet
07-29-2009, 01:49
So if tucking in is prohibited, pwede kaya ankle holstered? Instead of a clutch bag?

Not that I am advocating what is contrary to law, but wouldnt have stopped me. Only makes one more determined to carry concealed.:supergrin:

adenine
07-29-2009, 02:28
I saw in some forums that the new PTCFOR cards already states that the firearm should be carried in a bag.....

So it is specified in the cards, then by all means should abide by it...:crying:

jimbullet
07-30-2009, 04:13
Next thing you know it would say carry your firearm must be unloaded...

Poodle
08-05-2009, 16:45
Nakakainis yung Charles Sullivan na yun.

Tejeron
08-07-2009, 09:26
Next thing you know it would say carry your firearm must be unloaded...

then no bullets inside the magazine , so forth and so on..........