glock 21 or 21C [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : glock 21 or 21C

wncman
07-17-2009, 09:14
i have always been a big bore enthusiast, so im thinking of a Glock 21. i am used to the 1911 models and the Sig p220 also revolvers in various large clibers. so recoil is not a big issue with me.
my questions are about the 21 vs. the 21c (45ACP) is the compensation worth the exspense? does it interfer with the visability of the front sight after a few shots? does it collect lint/trash easily?
is the recoil that much better from a control standpoint?
i have seen articles about catastophic failures with a couple of police departments.
please give me your opinions and experience.
thanks
WNCMAM

FLM
07-18-2009, 11:58
i have always been a big bore enthusiast, so im thinking of a Glock 21. i am used to the 1911 models and the Sig p220 also revolvers in various large clibers. so recoil is not a big issue with me.
my questions are about the 21 vs. the 21c (45ACP) is the compensation worth the exspense? does it interfer with the visability of the front sight after a few shots? does it collect lint/trash easily?
is the recoil that much better from a control standpoint?
i have seen articles about catastophic failures with a couple of police departments.
please give me your opinions and experience.
thanks
WNCMAM

It doesn't do any of those things. Porting makes a difference with high velocity rounds like magnums and 357sig but not much with 45. I've never heard of any police department using ported guns.

MrsKitty
07-18-2009, 19:12
I have a 23C that I carry with a non-ported barrel. Although it's not a .45, I'll share my thoughts.

Recoil--very little difference
Noise--much louder
Flare--much bigger
Sights--not obscured a bit after 250 rounds