Home Depot discount [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Home Depot discount

tuckerdog1
07-18-2009, 14:16
Not sure this is an appropriate thread here. MODs remove if you think that's the case.

But I wanted to share a possible discount extended to vets. It may vary by location, so check in your neighborhood. The Home Depot in Georgetown TX gives a 10% discount on all purchaces by active & former military. They also include active police & firefighters. I was told all Home Depots do this on "certain" holidays ( probably Vetran's Day & Memorial Day ). But this store does it every day. I just found out about this recently. Wish I'd known before. I've spent a lot of $$$ there & 10% would have added up over time.

They have never asked for proof of service. Probably not an issue for active or retired vets. But for guys like me that did my bit & got out over 30 years ago, something that says "I served" isn't normally tucked in the wallet. And I was recently told they will begin asking for some form of proof. Probably due to abuse of the program by posers. So you might want to dig up that DD214 and Xerox a copy.

All the best,

Tuckerdog1

md2lgyk
07-22-2009, 09:26
Yeah, I only found out about this discount by accident. At my local HD it's 10% on everything. I'm in the middle of building a house and figure the discount's saved me nearly $2,000 already.