Gun Shows [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Gun Shows

MCYGlock20
07-18-2009, 19:55
Gun show this weekend, July 18th - July 19th, in Salem @? the Civic Center. Also there will be a gun show in Roanoke @ the Civic Center August 22-23. Anyone going

DannyR
07-19-2009, 06:06
I'll be at the Salem show around noon Sunday.:cool:

DannyR
07-19-2009, 16:19
A rather disappointing show. Perhaps next month's show in Roanoke will be better.

southern_boy
07-19-2009, 19:44
was any one else there around lunch on the 18th when the old man discharge a fire arm ...like the 3rd table in one ur left....id hate to see what all charges he gets...

isnerbs
07-20-2009, 06:18
was any one else there around lunch on the 18th when the old man discharge a fire arm ...like the 3rd table in one ur left....id hate to see what all charges he gets...

I left around 11:30 on Saturday. What happened? Anyone there see it?

Dan
07-20-2009, 11:49
Hope the guy that got hurt is ok, but I hope this doesn't start some anti-gunshow movement.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/212368

Man injured when rifle fires during Salem gun show

A man was wounded when an antique rifle he was holding discharged during a gun show in Salem on Saturday, according to city officials.

The man, a friend of a dealer at the show, suffered superficial wounds to his face "apparently from concrete fragments that were sprayed upon impact when the rifle went off" in a confined area, Salem spokesman Mike Stevens said.

Salem police described the gun as "an antique military-style rifle," Stevens said.

The man was taken to Lewis-Gale Medical Center, where he was treated for his injury and released.

His name has not been released, and Salem police Sgt. Mike Brightwell said charges are possible pending further investigation.

A Salem police officer and a Virginia state trooper regularly work at the civic center's gun shows, and they responded as soon as the firearm went off, Stevens said.

Carey Harveycutter, Salem's director of civic facilities, said the discharge was the civic center's first in 20 years of hosting gun shows. He said that loaded firearms are not allowed at gun shows.

-- Mason Adams