Nations Gun Show ? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Nations Gun Show ?

watsoncb
07-19-2009, 20:12
Just checking, but isn't there a Nation's Gun Show in Chantilly this coming weekend?

Olivers_AR
07-20-2009, 05:50
Yes there is! http://www.thenationsgunshow.com/ Parking is going to be fun:

The July 2009 Nationís Gun Show or Nationís Militaria and Arms Show admission purchase to either show gets you into BOTH SHOWS! Tickets can be purchased at either building. Two great shows for the price of one! 1800 tables or 2-3/4 miles !!!!

Just checking, but isn't there a Nation's Gun Show in Chantilly this coming weekend?

utah
07-20-2009, 06:12
It's really sad...when this show first started it was the best show within the four states (VA, MD, WV and PA). Since they've kept raising the price of admission it seems to me the to be getting worse everytime since...really a shame.

gtrcivic
07-23-2009, 08:42
Yeah, price gouging at the door!!!! Still remember when it was only $5 at the Showplace in Richmond. Not sure what it is down in Richmond now. But its outta control up here!

probably will skip this weekend. Don't have an itch for anything. Since the last show, i picked up a G26.

MPJC
07-25-2009, 19:23
Was there today and it seems I see less and less each time I attend.- the price of ammo is not cheaper there than in the stores!!!! No holsters for the left hander- I love that. Oh well.

curtiswr
07-25-2009, 19:31
Yeah, price gouging at the door!!!! Still remember when it was only $5 at the Showplace in Richmond. Not sure what it is down in Richmond now. But its outta control up here!

probably will skip this weekend. Don't have an itch for anything. Since the last show, i picked up a G26.

$8 in Richmond, $7 with the postcard/coupon.

Tweek's Turbos
07-26-2009, 13:32
I decided early on big ticket items will be bought in Richmond.

I picked up a 15 round mag for a buddy with a 1911 clone, some trigger parts for an AR which I think I overpayed, got a membership for VCDL, and talked to a guy about parts for rebuilding my 1863 type 2.

I looked at magpul furnature, but the prices didn't yell "I wanna be sold".

Broadside
07-30-2009, 10:01
Just curious as to how busy the show was. Does anybody know?

Doesn't seem like there is much activity on this thread as there has been with past shows.

Fungunner
07-30-2009, 12:11
Just curious as to how busy the show was. Does anybody know?

Doesn't seem like there is much activity on this thread as there has been with past shows.

Don't know about others, but I've been so disappointed after going to the last few, and after hearing about the dual shows, decided I'd just as soon skip the parking hassle.

dmccorki
07-31-2009, 05:41
Went Friday and Saturday afternoon. No problem parking. Did not seem as busy as the last two or three shows. Lots of black rifles and ammo for sale, but only some at good prices. Second building was not very busy but had some interesting items, but one had to look carefully, otherwise mostly uniforms, badges, etc. The Glock guy was not in his usual spot in the main building. Trader Jerry had lots of Glocks for sale at reasonable prices.
Brought a friend to his first gun show--he found it very worthwhile, but I found nothing new or interesting except for saying hello to a few old friends and talking about guns.

Aroooo
07-31-2009, 06:22
... I found nothing new or interesting except for saying hello to a few old friends and talking about guns.

I think that is a trend with any sort of trade show. Go often enough and you've seen it all.

I went Friday and got value for my admission. Found a few hard to find items on my perpetual shopping list. Was happy gun prices are coming back down (3 months ago was crazy). Ammo - esp. self defense - is still costly. Said hi to a few friends as well. Avoided the long line at the main building by going to the other building first.

Aroooo