Lone_Wolfe [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Lone_Wolfe

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

okie
07-20-2009, 14:15
Lone_Wolfe honey here's some kisses for ya to make you feel better honey. I do hope for a fast recovery for ya my dear sweet lady:kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:

Peace Warrior
07-20-2009, 14:16
Me too LW, all the best! :patriot:

Buki192327
07-20-2009, 17:19
LW, I am praying for a good recovery, and you safety everyday. Hope things are going well for you. :hugs:

okie
07-21-2009, 01:37
Bump for LW:kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:

southernshooter
07-21-2009, 05:16
I missed something, what happened?

Silent_Runner
07-21-2009, 16:22
Bump for LW:kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:

I can email her a link to this thread. This was really nice of you.

Added December 18, 2010
This thread has gotten very long and newcomers coming in here may not know what it is about. For that reason I am quoting an accounting of what happened to Lone_Wolfe here. She told it in the third person here in this post and I have permission to do copy it here.

*Sgt Wolfe was at base in Afghanistan and needed to get to a remote base with some computer equipment she was sent to install and configure. She went to the flight line (a sandy clearing) on the morning she was supposed to fly, and waited for the choppers while BS’ing with some others at the base. Finally an E-4 walks over and tells the group that one of the birds had mechanical trouble and was deadlined. The next flight was a few days out. Wolfe grumbled a few choice words and started to take her duffel bag and IBA back to the tent she’d been staying in. A Captain walked up and asked what base Wolfe needed to go to and when she told him he said that if might be possible to send her by convoy. Wolfe explained that she was expressly prohibited from using ground trans. She thought about it for a second and decided to call her commander in Bagram and ask if it would be OK. She got permission to use a secure line and made the call. The first person she asked, the Major, said no, but she asked to speak to the Colonel and was surprised when he relented.

Wolfe reported this back to the Captain who told her to hang around and he would see if he could send the convoy. Wolfe went into the nearest tent that had a coffee pot and made some fresh coffee and waited for the word. A bit later the Cpt walks in and says it’s a go. About then a few more people walk in and pour themselves some liquid ambition. Someone that Wolfe had seen but not spoken to walks up and says “Hi, I’m hitching a ride on your convoy!” Wolfe looks at the senior NCO and thinks he’s nice looking and says “Cool! Which ‘RAP will you be riding in?” Greg answers “Most likely the 2nd one, same as you”. Wolfe says “Even cooler!”, and the 2 walk outside to the staging area to wait and yak.

The convoy team starts to assemble and the convoy commander comes over and identifies himself. While he’s standing there a medic with a cigarette dangling from his mouth walks over. Greg asks if he’s going to be the medic for the convoy and he says he is. Wolfe says “Well, nice to meet you, I don’t intend to need your services” The medic seems arrogant and says “Good, I only slept 3 hours last night and I don’t want to do ****!” as he walks off. The convoy commander says that he’s a real jerk, but by far the best medic in the unit, and has had a lot of training beyond what the Army provides.
Sgt Wolfe, Greg, and another E-6 get more coffee and go hang around by Wolfe’s equipment waiting as the convoy crew readies the vehicles. A couple soldiers come for Wolfe’s 2 cases of equipment and she asks for them to be put on the same vehicle that she’ll be in. They’re not big and the vehicles will be mostly empty so that’s easily accommodated. Finally the convoy commander calls the safety briefing, then tells us we’ll be mounting up in about a half hour. Wolfe goes and gets a sandwich, then it’s time to mount up and roll.

The E-6 that had been talking to Greg and Wolfe bids them a good trip and goes off to do his thing, and everyone climbs in and the convoy rolls out. Wolfe and Greg are in the 2nd of 3 MRAP’s and the sit next to each other in the mostly empty vehicle BS’ing and talking like old friends. It’s a bumpy ride over dirt roads that were planned by goat farmers. The first couple hours of the trip are uneventful.
All of a sudden a loud explosion rocks the 2nd MRAP and it stops. The vehicle design did its job well and no one inside was hurt, although some ears may have been singed by the cloud of cuss words that formed inside. After everyone calmed down and determined that no one was hurt Wolfe and Greg congratulated each other on the rich vocabularies each used when referring to the citizens of Afghanistan. The driver tried unsuccessfully to get the MRAP moving again, and the convoy commander radio that info to the other vehicles. The gunners up top kept watch but couldn’t see anyone around, then the convoy commander ordered the guard force (grunts) to get out and form a perimeter around the vehicles. Instructions were radioed back and forth, then the convoy commander explained to Wolfe and Greg that on his command they were to run to a group of large rocks between the 2 vehicles, then wait for the command to run to the 3rd vehicle and get in.
They both locked and loaded, Greg his pistol, Wolfe her rifle, and ran when told to do so. Greg went 1st, Wolfe a few feet behind. Unknown to anyone there were 2 Afghanis behind some rocks behind the 3rd MRAP, about 50 or so feet from where Greg and Wolfe were running. They both jumped up from behind the cover and opened fire in the direction of the 2 people running. Greg dove behind the rocks, but Wolfe was hit center of the chest by a round in the 1st volley. She was slammed backward and spun around by the force of impact and landed facing back toward the vehicle she had just left. The soldiers on guard and the gunners opened fire and plenty of bullets were traded. Wolfe lost consciousness after about half a minute.

This part I had to piece together based on what I’ve been told by several people. The times may be a little off, but everything else is correct.

Shortly after Wolfe was hit a 3rd Afghani started shooting from a position off to the side between the 2nd and 3rd MRAPs. He was closer to Wolfe and Greg’s location than the 1st 2 shooters and she had fallen out in the open. The fighting went on for another minute or so, and the 1st 2 shooters were eliminated, but the 3rd was staying down enough of the time that the gunners couldn’t take him out. The convoy commander had already stopped the medic from trying to get to Wolfe because he believed she couldn’t be helped. In spite of being close to the remaining Afghani, Greg decided to break cover and try to get to Wolfe to drag her back behind cover so the medic could try to save her. He ran toward her and the remaining shooter opened fire, hitting him several times. He went down and died before anyone could get to him. In shooting Greg the Afghani exposed enough of himself that the soldiers were able to kill him. As soon as the convoy commander declared the threat neutralized the medic ran to Greg, realized he was already gone, then ran to Wolfe and got busy.

OK, now back to what I remember.
Wolfe woke up after about a week, maybe a bit more and was told she was in Germany. Because of her injury she was kept heavily sedated to the point she didn’t even try to move and her memory of the 1st month or so in the hospital is hazy and spotty at best. She doesn’t remember when she heard that SOMEONE died on the mission, but was told about 2 weeks after waking up that it had been Greg. She asked the person who told her that he had died how it happened and was told an untrue story that she suspected even then was false. She didn’t find out the truth until a couple months later.

FrogWithAGlock
07-21-2009, 16:43
I missed hwere she is sick/injured!

LW - get well, stay safe, and a

MIGHTY BIG THANKS

for all you do to serve your country!!

NateHodge
07-21-2009, 17:00
I see she is "on the road to recovery in Iraq". Is she ok? What happened?

Lone_Wolfe, whatever it is that's got ya at less than 100%, I am praying for your speedy recovery!:wavey:

Buki192327
07-21-2009, 20:55
Lone_Wolfe, :hugs: :hugs: and prayers to you everyday. Hope that you are doing better everyday.

Hope that you soon get out of the sand box, and back state side.

Thanks for your service to our country. :patriot:

Silent_Runner
07-22-2009, 08:52
I see she is "on the road to recovery in Iraq". Is she ok? What happened?

Lone_Wolfe, whatever it is that's got ya at less than 100%, I am praying for your speedy recovery!:wavey:

I finally emailed her the link so she should come here soon. As to what happened I didn't answer at first because I wasn't sure what she posted about this and wanted to respect her privacy. But I did a search and found these posts from various threads explaining it;

Last December I stopped a round from an AK-47 at close range with my issued body armor. Bullet hit me very center of the chest and the damage it did almost did kill me. I'm still recovering.

When I was hit it took me about 20-30 seconds to black out. During that time I figured I was done for.

Ahh, but that's the best part of a relationship....the feelings of worthlessness and guilt, the narcotic induced mood swings...the randomly breaking **** in the house because of both of the above...

Let's not forget the suicidal thoughts,the sleepless nights, the waking up screaming and crying from the nightmares.....
And I'm living proof that you don't need a spouse to have all of this and more........

I'm going to tell you what happened to me because you should consider the possibility that something like it could happen to you;
I re-enlisted in 06, got called up active in 07, deployed in 08. I was sent to Afghanistan where I was in a convoy that was ambushed. I was injured, one person killed trying to get to me to help me. My injuries are still healing, slowly and I'm dealing with a lot of guilt and PTSD issues because of this.
I didn't tell you this to deter you, but to make sure you and your family are ready for the reality that something very bad could happen to you. Whatever you choose I wish you only the best.

This is old news but her physical and psychological recovery have been slow and painful. If you are so inclined please pray for her and all our other soldiers overseas.

okie
07-22-2009, 09:04
Still more kisses for Lw, get well quickly honey:kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:

Lone_Wolfe
07-22-2009, 13:35
Okie, you Sweetie! I wish you could apply those kisses in person. But the location might make you pause.... Here's a kiss back. :kiss:

Guys, thanks so much for the prayers. They are needed and appreciated more than you know.

Wolfe

okie
07-22-2009, 13:55
Okie, you Sweetie! I wish you could apply those kisses in person. But the location might make you pause.... Here's a kiss back. :kiss:

Guys, thanks so much for the prayers. They are needed and appreciated more than you know.

Wolfe

I sure hope one day we can meet sweetie pie:kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:

Zombie Steve
07-22-2009, 14:12
HI LW!!!

:wavey:

Haven't seen you around in awhile. Hope things are getting better.

Did you ever find a spot to brew some beer? I'm still willing to ship you ingredients and walk you through it!

:tbo:

Restless28
07-22-2009, 15:13
Hey there, LW, it's good to see you post. :wavey:

The Hawk
07-22-2009, 15:18
Lone Wolfe, Hang in there and recover like a warrior.
We are all pulling for you.
Prayers sent.
Please keep us posted.
The Hawk

Ol Timer
07-22-2009, 15:37
Thank you for your service in protecting freedom, at home and abroad.

God speed.

ebm1973
07-22-2009, 15:51
Hang in there LW!! :yourock:

John Galt
07-22-2009, 15:58
Prayers sent. Thank you for your service.

janice6
07-22-2009, 16:09
I can't express the gratitude WE have for you to take on this assignment. You are truly a patriot and a warrior in the best sense of the words. Thank you for your sacrifices and for your devotion to America.

I was in service but never had to put my life on the line for my country, as you have. Thank you again and I hope every thing gets better for you, you deserve it.

I salute you!

Lone_Wolfe
07-22-2009, 18:32
Hi Steve and everyone. I sure wish I had a place to put a still. I could damn sure use a beer or 20 about now. Might not mix too well with all the meds I'm on right now though. But then it might "enhance" thier effects... :whistling:

It's really good to see all of you too. :wavey:

I actually come around here quite a bit, but almost never feel like talking even though I really miss you folks too. I know that may not make any sense at all, it doesn't to me either but that's what happens. Guess that's the nature of this sort of thing, seeing everything through a haze of pain. Makes my sense of humor go AWOL most of the time.

I wouldn't even have said this much if okie :hearts: hadn't started this thread and Silent Runner hadn't showed it to me. And thank you everyone again for the thoughts and prayers. It really does help.

Buki192327
07-22-2009, 18:35
Lone_Wolfe, you are in my thoughts and prayers daily. MY best to you and all of your brothers in arms, that are protecting this country. Your service is appreciated by myself and my friends, more than you will ever know. Thank you.

:hugs:

rvrctyrngr
07-22-2009, 18:38
Good to hear from you, LW. Get better, and get home soon! You ARE missed.

Your sigline sez it all. Freedom is NOT free. It is paid for with the blood and pain of warriors like yourself and many others on this board. A huge salute to all my fellow Veterans, and to all those currently serving this great nation.

Thoughts and prayers are with you, LW.

:patriot:

Lone_Wolfe
07-22-2009, 19:28
................................ You ARE missed.........................:

I wish I WAS missed...... By those Afghanni's with the AK's that is.......

Mrs. G26Duck
07-22-2009, 19:41
As the daughter-in-law of an honored service man, for whom I have/had great love and respect, your service and sacrifice is duly noted, appreciated, mentioned, and remembered. I have a dear friend who will ship out to Afghanistan in mid-Aug. He has a wife and a teen-age son. He is also a tremendous mentor to our students and an inspiration to all our faculty. You are in my thoughts and prayers daily, even though I don't know you. You and my father-in-law are the reason I approach personnel in uniform and tell them I appreciate their service, even though I normally don't approach strangers. Get well soon, Come home soon and MOST IMPORTANTLY, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVCE!:patriot:

Lone_Wolfe
07-23-2009, 01:26
Mrs. G26Duck, thank you and I want you to know that your friend will be in my prayers. May he return safely from his tour.

I'd like to thank you FIL for his service.

Wolfe

Silent_Runner
08-01-2009, 09:41
I've been trying to call and email you. Call me back, willya?

:impatient:

G33
08-01-2009, 09:44
:supergrin::wavey:

okie
08-01-2009, 09:45
I do hope you is doin better LW honey:kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:

Lone_Wolfe
08-02-2009, 05:50
I've been trying to call and email you. Call me back, willya?
:

I did....

:wavey: Hiya back at ya G33. Long Time No Speak!

I do hope you is doin better LW honey:kiss:

Oooooh, Okie kisses. Just what I need . :supergrin: :kiss:

If you folks want a prime example of Military Intelligence here’s one for you…. I had minor surgery on my ankle yesterday morning early. But here's the rub... Last week I had a couple things happen that aggravated my chest injury real bad. So when I tried to use crutches I couldn't. lol But they didn't even want to consider that before fixing the ankle. Luckily I can move around a bit today with just the brace on. A very little bit, but I can get to the ****ter with only 1 person helping.

You just got to laugh……

Silent_Runner
08-06-2009, 09:54
If you folks want a prime example of Military Intelligence here’s one for you…. I had minor surgery on my ankle yesterday morning early. But here's the rub... Last week I had a couple things happen that aggravated my chest injury real bad. So when I tried to use crutches I couldn't. lol But they didn't even want to consider that before fixing the ankle. Luckily I can move around a bit today with just the brace on. A very little bit, but I can get to the ****ter with only 1 person helping.

You just got to laugh……

Yep a prime example of military intelligence. :upeyes: Or the obvious lack thereof.

They just won't be satisfied will they? :steamed: :rant:

No I don't have to laugh.

okie
08-06-2009, 09:59

You just got to laugh……More kiss's for ya sweetie pie. Get well soon:kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:

costanza187
08-06-2009, 10:42
Hang in there, sending best wishes, and prayers for a speedy recovery....

and a big Thank You for your service! :wavey:

rockabillyrider
08-06-2009, 10:54
Hey LW, The Mrs. and I wanted to say hi :wavey: and thank you for your service. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Stay strong and be safe. Thanks for the help on GT as well, the little ones are doing very well!

deadday
08-06-2009, 11:20
Hi Steve and everyone. I sure wish I had a place to put a still. I could damn sure use a beer or 20 about now. Might not mix too well with all the meds I'm on right now though. But then it might "enhance" thier effects... :whistling:

It's really good to see all of you too. :wavey:

I actually come around here quite a bit, but almost never feel like talking even though I really miss you folks too. I know that may not make any sense at all, it doesn't to me either but that's what happens. Guess that's the nature of this sort of thing, seeing everything through a haze of pain. Makes my sense of humor go AWOL most of the time.

I wouldn't even have said this much if okie :hearts: hadn't started this thread and Silent Runner hadn't showed it to me. And thank you everyone again for the thoughts and prayers. It really does help.

Go find some medics....ask them for a Bombay IV.....not that I have ever, would ever, or know anyone who has ever or would ever violate GO1, however...if one was of the mind, empty IV bags could be filled with Vodka and or Gin and shipped over with your gear....:whistling: There are still a few PAs in the Army that realize every now and then a good stiff drink is what someone needs..:wavey:

Magnus2131
08-06-2009, 12:09
Thank you for your service and I really do wish you all the best. Hang in there!

eddief4
08-06-2009, 12:56
Lone_Wolfe, i wish you'd feel better hun!:hearts::hugs::kiss:

kcb
08-06-2009, 13:16
Lone_Wolfe, I did NOT know until I read this thread.

I'm so sorry that you had to have this experience. My prayers are with you
today and always!

God Bless you with a complete recovery.

Thank you SO much for your sacrifice for our country!

:hugs: :angel: :patriot: :sad:

Lone_Wolfe
08-06-2009, 14:51

They just won't be satisfied will they?.............

Give it a rest. Out here at least.

GIJOE13
08-06-2009, 14:55
Thoughts and prayers coming your way.

Thank You for your service.

My nephew just graduated from boot and AIT at Leonard Wood. He may be on his way over soon.

Hope your recovery goes well and you get back soon.

God Bless

deadday
08-06-2009, 15:18

My nephew just graduated from boot and AIT at Leonard Wood. He may be on his way over soon.

God Bless

Is he a (wi)MP or one of those dirty engineer bastiges? :supergrin:

Lone_Wolfe
08-06-2009, 17:05
More kiss's for ya sweetie pie. Get well soon:kiss::kiss::kiss:

More okie kisses, yummmm. I've got to get through OK sometime to let you apply them in person. :supergrin:

Zonny
08-06-2009, 17:11
Hopefully, you have a package next week :wavey:

Thinking of you daily. Remember to take good care of you. I want to meet you when you get 'home' :hugs:

Lone_Wolfe
08-06-2009, 17:17
Hang in there, sending best wishes, and prayers for a speedy recovery....

and a big Thank You for your service!

Thanks for the well wishes :wavey:

Hey LW, The Mrs. and I wanted to say hi :wavey: and thank you for your service. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Stay strong and be safe. Thanks for the help on GT as well, the little ones are doing very well!

Hello to both of you too, thank you for the prayers. Glad to hear those babies are doing well. We need more pics posted. :supergrin:

Thank you for your service and I really do wish you all the best. Hang in there!

Thank you. I'm hanging!

Lone_Wolfe, i wish you'd feel better hun!:hearts:

I WISH I WOULD TOO!!!

Lone_Wolfe, I did NOT know until I read this thread.

I'm so sorry that you had to have this experience. My prayers are with you
today and always!

God Bless you with a complete recovery.

Thank you SO much for your sacrifice for our country!

Thank you for the prayers, I really appreciate them. And I'm sorry I had to have this experience too, if you know what I mean. lol

Buki192327
08-06-2009, 17:39
I am sorry that you are still having problems Lone_Wolfe. I hope that things are improving for you daily. I keep you in my prayers daily, and look forward to the day, when things are 100% for you.

I hope that it won't be long until you are back state side. I would like to one day, be able to meet you in person and properly than you, for your service. :patriot:

In fact, I think a great idea, would be a big GT party, when you get back to the states. We could have a big carry in, that would be the top one for the ages. Maybe a worlds record. :supergrin:

Take care, and get well soon!!!

Be safe!!!!!!

Altaris
08-06-2009, 17:44
I hope you get better soon Lone_Wolf!!! :patriot::kiss::hugs::kiss:

If you need your own personal cabana boy to help you get better, and wait on your every need just let me know!!! :supergrin:

Berto
08-06-2009, 17:49
LW

You're an amazing person.
Stay strong and my best wishes and prayers go out to you for a quick and complete recovery.

23skidoo
08-06-2009, 18:00
May your recovery be complete and soon ma'am. Give the cats a scratch behind the ears for all of us.:wavey:

Lone_Wolfe
08-06-2009, 18:27
Go find some medics....ask them for a Bombay IV.....not that I have ever, would ever, or know anyone who has ever or would ever violate GO1, however...if one was of the mind, empty IV bags could be filled with Vodka and or Gin and shipped over with your gear....:whistling: There are still a few PAs in the Army that realize every now and then a good stiff drink is what someone needs....

:rofl: :rofl:

Once again you are so full of.................................. Good Ideas!

I would never have thought of such a thing.... :supergrin: But then I did hear a RUMOR that one of the medics that I see almost every day did something SIMILAR for someone else a few times. Or course I have no idea who..... :whistling:

And it is just hearsay........

Lone_Wolfe
08-06-2009, 18:41

God Bless

Thank you and I will pray for your nephews safety also.

Lone_Wolfe
08-06-2009, 18:51
Hopefully, you have a package next week :wavey:

Thinking of you daily. Remember to take good care of you. I want to meet you when you get 'home'

I'm eagerly awaiting my robe. I'll let you know when it arrives. :thumbsup: And I definitely want to meet you when I get out of here. And your daughter too.

I am sorry that you are still having problems Lone_Wolfe. I hope that things are improving for you daily. I keep you in my prayers daily, and look forward to the day, when things are 100% for you.

I hope that it won't be long until you are back state side. I would like to one day, be able to meet you in person and properly than you, for your service.

In fact, I think a great idea, would be a big GT party, when you get back to the states. We could have a big carry in, that would be the top one for the ages. Maybe a worlds record.

Take care, and get well soon!!!

Be safe!!!!!!

I would really like to meet you, to thank you for all the prayers. And exchange that hug for real.

A great big GT party eh? Sounds like a blast! Carry in? Carry what, beer and more beer? If so I'm game.

And I'm working on the getting better part.

I hope you get better soon Lone_Wolf!!!

If you need your own personal cabana boy to help you get better, and wait on your every need just let me know!!! :supergrin:

My own personal Cabana boy? Wow, I'll bet that would do me soooooo much good! :supergrin:

deadday
08-06-2009, 19:06
:rofl: :rofl:

Once again you are so full of.................................. Good Ideas!

I would never have thought of such a thing.... :supergrin: But then I did hear a RUMOR that one of the medics that I see almost every day did something SIMILAR for someone else a few times. Or course I have no idea who..... :whistling:

And it is just hearsay........

If you can't find a medic to hook you up (however unlikely that is), look for some embassy personnel or Canadian troops......Canadians get a beer ration and are always looking to trade.....:wavey:

Lone_Wolfe
08-06-2009, 19:19
If you can't find a medic to hook you up (however unlikely that is), look for some embassy personnel or Canadian troops......Canadians get a beer ration and are always looking to trade.....:wavey:

Like I said, I would never dream of asking my medic for booze.... :whistling: :tongueout:

But I have to wonder..... What would the Canucks want in trade? :whistling: :supergrin:

deadday
08-06-2009, 19:35
Like I said, I would never dream of asking my medic for booze.... :whistling: :tongueout:

But I have to wonder..... What would the Canucks want in trade? :whistling: :supergrin:

The ones we were with liked our Oakleys and ESS gogs...not that I advocate or ever have misappropriated .gov property....but if one were to lose an item while in theatre, with a combat loss report, supply would reissue..

Lone_Wolfe
08-06-2009, 19:39
The ones we were with liked our Oakleys and ESS gogs...not that I advocate or ever have misappropriated .gov property....but if one were to lose an item while in theatre, with a combat loss report, supply would reissue..

Ahhhhhh, much cleaner minds that I was giving them credit for..... :rofl:

Guess I've been around too many Brits....... :supergrin:

Lone_Wolfe
08-06-2009, 19:42
LW

You're an amazing person.
Stay strong and my best wishes and prayers go out to you for a quick and complete recovery.

Hi Berto :wavey:

Nothing amazing about me, although my Doc insists it's amazing that I'm not fertilizing daisies.

May your recovery be complete and soon ma'am. Give the cats a scratch behind the ears for all of us.:wavey:

Thanky skidoo. Wish I could scratch my kitties. Unfortunately they're about 9 time zones away. I'm worried about the one that has cancer. :crying:

NateHodge
08-06-2009, 20:54

So, whose mind is REALLY in the gutter? Glad your spirits are up!:wavey:

deadday
08-06-2009, 21:06

There wasn't a woman within 100km of us, so we had to stick to hard goods...:rofl:

Lone_Wolfe
08-07-2009, 00:01
So, whose mind is REALLY in the gutter? Glad your spirits are up!:wavey:

My mind's never in the gutter. I blame that on all the meds......

But then I get to blame a lot of crap on all these meds...... :tongueout:

Lone Wolf8634
08-07-2009, 00:05
My mind's never in the gutter. I blame that on all the meds......

(cough, cough) Oh really? Who da thunk it?:tongueout:

eddief4
08-07-2009, 00:29
can we get this thread Stickied for Lone_Wolfe?:wavey:

okie
08-07-2009, 01:33
can we get this thread Stickied for Lone_Wolfe?:wavey:

Capitol idea Eddie:cool::wavey:

Lone_Wolfe
08-07-2009, 16:35
There wasn't a woman within 100km of us, so we had to stick to hard goods...:rofl:

I was just wondering, where were you that there were no women?

deadday
08-07-2009, 16:57
I was just wondering, where were you that there were no women?

BFE....I'll tell ya all about it when you come to SA for a beer or 10...Our COP was about the size of a small (think pre super days_) Wal-Mart. There was our Scout section, some ODA guys, some Canadian artillery guys, and the medics that were attached to us...There was nothing else within 100km that even resembled a FOB....Every once in a while the CA people would come through and we'd catch a glimpse of the mythical caucasion female...:rofl:

Lone_Wolfe
08-07-2009, 18:23
Oh damn. I know of a couple COPs like that in Afghanistan. Of course I never got to see them. Well I did get a glimpse of one from the inside of a Chinook. But then I wasn't supposed to leave Bagram. I'll bet even an old broad like me would have been a welcome sight where you were. :rofl:

deadday
08-07-2009, 18:26
Oh damn. I know of a couple COPs like that in Afghanistan. Of course I never got to see them. Well I did get a glimpse of one from the inside of a Chinook. But then I wasn't supposed to leave Bagram. I'll bet even an old broad like me would have been a welcome sight where you were. :rofl:

<---likes old broads :wavey: Yeah, our dope runners never bothered to land, they just had the crew chiefs kick the **** down the ramp to us....it was that bad....

Silent_Runner
08-08-2009, 10:32
Give it a rest. Out here at least.

Yes maam. :sorry:

So what are you going to do for amusements in airports now that you can't set off metal detectors with your foot? :whistling: :supergrin: :rofl:

Silent_Runner
08-08-2009, 10:35
Go find some medics....ask them for a Bombay IV.....not that I have ever, would ever, or know anyone who has ever or would ever violate GO1, however...if one was of the mind, empty IV bags could be filled with Vodka and or Gin and shipped over with your gear....:whistling: There are still a few PAs in the Army that realize every now and then a good stiff drink is what someone needs..:wavey:

Don't give her any damn ideas!!! :steamed:

Never mind. She's already had them. :rofl::rofl:

Buki192327
08-08-2009, 14:32
I would really like to meet you, to thank you for all the prayers. And exchange that hug for real.

A great big GT party eh? Sounds like a blast! Carry in? Carry what, beer and more beer? If so I'm game.

And I'm working on the getting better part.

LW, sweetie, we can carry in whatever you want,at the GT party. :supergrin:

When should the beer be put on ice? :dunno: I want to make sure the beer is real cold for you. :supergrin:

Stay safe.

itisbruno
08-08-2009, 15:31
I'm eagerly awaiting my robe. I'll let you know when it arrives. :thumbsup:

Please post pics of you modeling the robe!!

:hearts:

Lone_Wolfe
08-08-2009, 17:35
Yes maam. :sorry:

Don't call me maam! I work for a living! :steamed:

So what are you going to do for amusements in airports now that you can't set off metal detectors with your foot? :whistling:

I just guess I won't have anymore fun..... :sad:

Lone_Wolfe
08-08-2009, 17:40
LW, sweetie, we can carry in whatever you want,at the GT party. :supergrin:

When should the beer be put on ice? :dunno: I want to make sure the beer is real cold for you. :supergrin:

Stay safe.

Beer. Good.

I just wanted to make sure you weren't planning to carry AK-47's

My tour is supposed to be up around November but the Army can't make up my mind. My shrink claims she's going to get me sent home in 2 weeks for failing a psych eval. (again) :dunno:

I'll keep you all posted.

Historian
08-08-2009, 17:48

Ma'am, I hope you know, how much we appreciate, what you have done for us. Our gratitude should never fail. Because of warriors like you, my daughter is free, my country is free.

eddief4
08-08-2009, 20:26
Don't call me maam! I work for a living!

if by "Work" you mean "lie to people about not being in danger, and go behind their back and get shot...even though you promised not to" then yes.

you should be ashamed of yourself Lone_Wolfe!:miff:

:hugs::kiss::wavey:

kcb
08-08-2009, 20:30
Beer. Good.

My tour is supposed to be up around November but the Army can't make up my mind. My shrink claims she's going to get me sent home in 2 weeks for failing a psych eval. (again) :dunno:

:hugs: Stay safe! :angel:

PinkCat33
08-08-2009, 20:40
Thoughts and prayers sent to you! Thank you for your service! I wish you a speedy recovery.

Lone_Wolfe
08-08-2009, 23:13
if by "Work" you mean "lie to people about not being in danger, and go behind their back and get shot...even though you promised not to" then yes.

:hugs::kiss:

:sorry:

Eddie doesn't love me anymore...... :crying:

Buki192327
08-09-2009, 09:27
Beer. Good.

No AK-47's allowed. Promise!!

What does the shrink know? It was actually her that failed the psych eval.:shocked: She just thinks it was you. :wow:

Stay safe sweetie. :hugs:

Lone_Wolfe
08-09-2009, 11:15
Please post pics of you modeling the robe!!

:hearts:

Hey Bruno. I gave my guns to a friend of mine. Noe do you want to hump my leg or hers? :supergrin:

Lone_Wolfe
08-09-2009, 13:36
Ma'am, I hope you know, how much we appreciate, what you have done for us. Our gratitude should never fail. Because of warriors like you, my daughter is free, my country is free.

Thank you Historian. It's people like you folks that make our country worth fighting for.

:hugs: Stay safe! :angel:

I'm trying! Believe me, I'm trying! :wavey:

Thoughts and prayers sent to you! Thank you for your service! I wish you a speedy recovery.

Thank you so much. One can never have too many prayers.

Lone_Wolfe
08-09-2009, 14:52
No AK-47's allowed. Promise!!

:phew: OK, Good! I can relax.

What does the shrink know? It was actually her that failed the psych eval.:shocked: She just thinks it was you.

Stay safe sweetie. :hugs:

OK, then 2 shrinks failed the psych exam.. lol.... :psycho:

I'm trying to stay safe. :hugs:back

Zonny
08-09-2009, 14:59
Check your PMs :wavey:

Alphaman
08-09-2009, 15:14
Lone_Wolfe! OMG! I didn't realize this. I haven't been around a whole lot lately then I come back and run into this.... I hope you make a full, speedy recovery. I will pray for you! If I remember correctly, I think we chatted here for a while when you were down South in my hometown. Anyway, please let me know when you're back home.

Lone_Wolfe
08-09-2009, 16:50
Check your PMs :wavey:
Got it Zonny, great pic!

Thank you! :wavey:

Lone_Wolfe
08-10-2009, 07:26
Lone_Wolfe! OMG! I didn't realize this. I haven't been around a whole lot lately then I come back and run into this.... I hope you make a full, speedy recovery. I will pray for you! If I remember correctly, I think we chatted here for a while when you were down South in my hometown. Anyway, please let me know when you're back home.

Hi Alphaman, :wavey: How you been? Yes, I remember well talking to you a couple years ago. I also like your hometown!
Thank you for the prayers. I'm hoping I make a full recovery too, but I don't think speedy is in the desciption. It's already been 8 months. :upeyes: I'm looking forward to getting back to the real world myself.

Silent_Runner
08-10-2009, 10:49

Yeah, she gave me that same line of crap. :upeyes: :steamed: :fist: :rant:

Bumpadrum
08-10-2009, 11:45
Dear Lone_Wolfe,

I don't post much but I must let you know you are my hero.
God bless you for your service and sacrifice. Thank God for body armor.
I am a praying man and I have asked, and will continue to ask The Lord for your full recovery and safe return to a most grateful nation.

To many here you are an inspiration. As someone with membership in the same club (moph) I can tell you that it will get better. You have lots of support here and there is no reason to let your circumstances get you down. You are a great American! Go with God.

Sincerely,

Bumpadrum

to all members: Fall In!
Forum - Attention!
Present Arms :patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot:

Lone_Wolfe
08-10-2009, 15:58
Yeah, she gave me that same line of crap. :upeyes: :steamed: :fist: :rant:

:couch:

deadday
08-10-2009, 16:41

Far as my parents knew, I was a nice safe REMF....boy were they confused when I came home on a medevac flight..:rofl:

08-10-2009, 16:47
Wow! Did not know this. Been away from GNG too long.
You are my hero, and thank you. :patriot:

Buki192327
08-10-2009, 19:22

LW, sweetie, you don't need to hide here. The only fire you will encounter here, is friendly fire (moral support, prayers, encouragement, friendship, and a lot of respect). You will even receive a few :hugs::hugs: along the way.

Stay strong and stay safe my friend. :wavey:

Lone_Wolfe
08-10-2009, 20:19
Dear Lone_Wolfe,

I don't post much but I must let you know you are my hero.
God bless you for your service and sacrifice. Thank God for body armor.
I am a praying man and I have asked, and will continue to ask The Lord for your full recovery and safe return to a most grateful nation.

To many here you are an inspiration. As someone with membership in the same club (moph) I can tell you that it will get better. You have lots of support here and there is no reason to let your circumstances get you down. You are a great American! Go with God.

Sincerely,

Bumpadrum

Forum - Attention!;
Present Arms :patriot:

Hi Bumpadrum, thank you for your comments and prayers.

I agree about the body armor, I'd be worm food without it. I almost got to that be anyway. I always thought if the armor did it's job I would just end up with some broken ribs and bruises. Boy was I wrong!

It was easy to tell from reading your post that you've been through something like, even if you hadn't mentioned your PH. Most people don't understand so well the psychological aspect quite like we can. I hope and pray that you were able to make a complete recovery.

I thank and salute you! :patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot:

M&P Shooter
08-10-2009, 20:20
Hope you get better fast:wavey:

Magnus2131
08-10-2009, 20:58
Forum - Attention!
Present Arms
:patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot:

itisbruno
08-10-2009, 21:20
Hey Bruno. I gave my guns to a friend of mine. Noe do you want to hump my leg or hers? :supergrin:

I'm an equal opportunity leg humper my love, guns or no guns ... I'm on it.

:wolf:

Lone_Wolfe
08-11-2009, 02:36
Far as my parents knew, I was a nice safe REMF....boy were they confused when I came home on a medevac flight..:rofl:

Same here. I was never supposed to leave Bagram. And NEVER on a convoy. :upeyes: By the time the RC sorted out thier confusion and called my family it had been over a week. Then they led them to believe it wasn't near as bad as it was, which I'm only too happy to let my family keep thinking. :whistling: My Mom already has a bad heart.

Lone_Wolfe
08-11-2009, 09:03
Wow! Did not know this. Been away from GNG too long.
You are my hero, and thank you.

I don't think I'm a hero at all, but thank you for the kind words.

LW, sweetie, you don't need to hide here. The only fire you will encounter here, is friendly fire (moral support, prayers, encouragement, friendship, and a lot of respect). You will even receive a few :hugs: along the way.

Stay strong and stay safe my friend. :wavey:

Buki, sweetheart, thank you. I'll take all the friendly fire you described and hugs that I can get. It's when I get home that worries me. :wow:

Silent_Runner knows where my house in the states is and has been there many times. :scared: Plus she has my guns. :faint:

I'm in so much trouble. What will I do then?

Lone_Wolfe
08-11-2009, 10:50
I'm an equal opportunity leg humper my love, guns or no guns ... I'm on it.

:wolf:

Hmmmmmmmmmm, I thought you just loved me for my guns... Wonder what you want now......... :whistling: :tongueout:

:rofl:

okie
08-11-2009, 10:55

Eddie doesn't love me anymore...... :crying:

I still love ya honey:kiss::kiss:kiss:

Zombie Steve
08-11-2009, 11:42
You... didn't... give away the Python, did you?

:faint:

NO LEG HUMPING FOR YOU!!!

By the way, next time you're in Colorado Springs, the beer's on me (time it right and it will be homebrew:drunk:).

40 Cal Joe
08-11-2009, 13:48
Man, nothing but prayers and healing vibes being sent your way. I am sorry this happened to you. Glad to see you posting.:wavey:

Lone_Wolfe
08-11-2009, 13:54

Ummm, yup. Both of them.

NO LEG HUMPING FOR YOU!!!

That's OK, I don't miss that. Now take away my :hugs: and I'll :crying:

By the way, next time you're in Colorado Springs, the beer's on me (time it right and it will be homebrew:drunk:).

I'll have to make damn sure I time that trip right! Homebrew! Yummmmmm!!! :drink:

Zombie Steve
08-11-2009, 13:59
:hugs::hugs::hugs:

I'll have to make damn sure I time that trip right!

You wouldn't believe how quick it goes. I'm pretty popular around here every six weeks or so...

:supergrin::cheers:

Lone_Wolfe
08-11-2009, 15:45
I still love ya honey:kiss::kiss:

:banana: As long as okie still loves me I'm happy. :hugs: :kiss:

Lone_Wolfe
08-11-2009, 19:04

You wouldn't believe how quick it goes. I'm pretty popular around here every six weeks or so...

:cheers:

:phew: I was afraid you woldn't forgive me for giving away those pythons. :phew:

Hey if I give you a heads-up that I'm headed your way do you think you might put some of that homebrew aside? :supergrin: Please?

08-11-2009, 19:49
I don't care what you say. You are still my hero!:notworthy::perfect10::hugs:

itisbruno
08-11-2009, 21:14
Hmmmmmmmmmm, I thought you just loved me for my guns... Wonder what you want now......... :whistling: :tongueout:

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r152/itisskyler/devil.gif

Lone_Wolfe
08-11-2009, 22:45
Hope you get better fast:wavey:

:wavey: Thank you

Man, nothing but prayers and healing vibes being sent your way. I am sorry this happened to you. Glad to see you posting.:wavey:

I appreciate them. Heh, I wish this hadn't happened to me too. But I'm also glad I'm here to post. The alternative kinda sucks. You folks may not know how much your prayers and well-wishes mean, but I do. The physical and especially the mental pain of these last months has really taken a toll and I know the prayers and moral support make a difference. Thank you all :grouphug:

Fiery Red XIII
08-11-2009, 23:47
Add another praying daily for you! Godspeed!

Red

Lone_Wolfe
08-12-2009, 03:12
Now I REALLY have to wonder what itisbruno's up to......

Bumpadrum
08-12-2009, 08:54
[QUOTE=Lone_Wolfe;13552125] Hi Bumpadrum, thank you for your comments and prayers.............................

............... Most people don't understand so well the psychological aspect quite like we can. I hope and pray that you were able to make a complete recovery.............. "

In your dire straights it shows what a good person you truly are to express concern for an old grunt like me.

Thank you. Even though it has been 41 years I believe I have finally recovered, though I still walk with a limp and get a little check every month.

Your responses in this thread make me confident you will never fall into the pits that I did.

20 years of complete insanity, with extreme self-medication and the belief that violence will correct every perceived injustice and personal slight, followed by another decade and a half of diminishing psychological challenges still based in substance abuse and the thought that non-violence never solved anything.

The only thing that saved me is the Love of GOD expressed through the sacrifice of Jesus.

You clearly have a lot of support here and probably could go on a "Welcome Home" tour and drink free beer for a year. The leg humping might get a little tedious, though. Hang tough Sister, you're gonna be fine.

And the good news is that you will eventually overcome your aversion to the AK.

Special thanks to Okie for starting this thread.

Continued prayers and good thoughts. And now...

FORUM, Fall In-
Present Arms- :patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot:

okie
08-12-2009, 09:01
:banana: As long as okie still loves me I'm happy. :hugs: :kiss:

It's like Dolly Parton sings LW honey "I will always love you" :kiss::kiss:

faawrenchbndr
08-12-2009, 09:06
Nice to hear you're doing better Lone_Wolfe :supergrin:

Any words on when you may be headed for home?

Silent_Runner
08-12-2009, 09:50

You had BETTER stay hidden while you are over there! I'm tired of you getting hurt. :impatient:

LW, sweetie, you don't need to hide here. The only fire you will encounter here, is friendly fire (moral support, prayers, encouragement, friendship, and a lot of respect). You will even receive a few :hugs: along the way.

Stay strong and stay safe my friend.

Buki, sweetheart, thank you. I'll take all the friendly fire you described and hugs that I can get. It's when I get home that worries me.

Silent_Runner knows where my house in the states is and has been there many times. :scared: Plus she has my guns.

You know it's not the guns you have to worry about. I won't shoot you. I'll just stick a needle in you. :whistling:

Silent_Runner
08-12-2009, 09:54

Yes sir, as a matter of fact she did. I have them now. Do you want to make something of it? :psycho: :poke:

:tongueout: :supergrin:

Lone_Wolfe
08-12-2009, 12:56
Add another praying daily for you! Godspeed!

Red

Thank you Red. :wavey:

" Hi Bumpadrum, thank you for your comments and prayers.............................

............... Most people don't understand so well the psychological aspect quite like we can. I hope and pray that you were able to make a complete recovery.............. "

In your dire straights it shows what a good person you truly are to express concern for an old grunt like me.

Thank you. Even though it has been 41 years I believe I have finally recovered, though I still walk with a limp and get a little check every month.

Your responses in this thread make me confident you will never fall into the pits that I did.

20 years of complete insanity, with extreme self-medication and the belief that violence will correct every perceived injustice and personal slight, followed by another decade and a half of diminishing psychological challenges still based in substance abuse and the thought that non-violence never solved anything.

The only thing that saved me is the Love of GOD expressed through the sacrifice of Jesus.

You clearly have a lot of support here and probably could go on a "Welcome Home" tour and drink free beer for a year. The leg humping might get a little tedious, though. Hang tough Sister, you're gonna be fine.

And the good news is that you will eventually overcome your aversion to the AK.

Special thanks to Okie for starting this thread.

Continued prayers and good thoughts. And now...

Hi Bumpadrum, I had to think about your post for a while. I don't think I'm that good of a person. These last several months it's been hard to see past my own world to the people around me. In fact I think I'm kinda selfish a lot of the time lately.

I've spent the last few months trying to fight the insanity and blackness that you speak of. It seems like a battle that can't be won. When I see that you went through through 20 years of it I wonder how you ever survived it. I know that I would not be able to stand it. Truthfully I wouldn't even try. The mood swings I'm having these days are scary at times. Other times I seem OK, and can even come in here and joke around. And read posts like yours that pick me up.

It gives me hope when I see someone like who has come out of it and is OK now. I'm really glad you are for your own sake, too.

I definitely wouldn't mind meeting a bunch of GT'ers and even drinking a load of beer, but none of them owe me free beer. Except maybe Zombie Steve because he makes homebrew. I can deal with the leghumping, it's an old joke. I used to collect guns and whenever I bought another one I'd post pics of it. I could guess how well the guys on this forum liked it by how many marraige proposals that gun earned. Of course I'd hope to collect on some hugs.

If getting over my aversion to AK's means being around them I'd rather pass. I saw the business ends and the muzzles flashes from the 2 of them being fired at me and I don't think I'll ever forget that split second that seems to last eternity.

Thank you for the thoughts and prayers. Here's a :patriot: and a :hugs: for you too.

Lone_Wolfe
08-12-2009, 14:06
It's like Dolly Parton sings LW honey "I will always love you" :kiss:

I plan to hold you to that okie. :kiss:

Nice to hear you're doing better Lone_Wolfe :supergrin:

Any words on when you may be headed for home?

Hi there :wavey:

I'm working on the getting better part. I've actually had several setbacks in recent weeks. I'm trying to get back on track now, hopefully.

My shrink is trying to get me yanked out of here. If she has her way I'll be on a plane within 2 weeks. If she doesn't I may be here 2-3 more months. They have me doing nothing these days, just sitting in a room staring at a server. I guess it will get up and walk away if I don't watch it closely. :upeyes:

Zombie Steve
08-12-2009, 16:03
:phew: I was afraid you woldn't forgive me for giving away those pythons. :phew:

Hey if I give you a heads-up that I'm headed your way do you think you might put some of that homebrew aside? :supergrin: Please?

The Oktoberfest is probably all accounted for with my bachelor party coming up. :tbo:, but if you gimme enough notice, and I'll whip up a batch of whatever you want. I'm guessing you're either a wheat beer kinda girl, or maybe an Irish ale???

:dunno:

eddief4
08-12-2009, 16:24

Eddie doesn't love me anymore...... :crying :

ooh i still love you....i'm just upset is all:sigh:

ooh ya, speaking of Pythons....i should be getting this one any day now:supergrin:

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj22/eddief4eddief4/pix678920906.jpg
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj22/eddief4eddief4/pix678921000.jpg

Buki192327
08-12-2009, 17:32

Buki, sweetheart, thank you. I'll take all the friendly fire you described and hugs that I can get. It's when I get home that worries me. :wow:

Silent_Runner knows where my house in the states is and has been there many times. :scared: Plus she has my guns. :faint:

LW, sweetie, a hero never thinks of themselves as a hero. They always say, hey I just did what anyone else would have done. I have seen instances, where a lot of people, just stood and watched, while 1 or 2 people swung into action. You are one of the people that will swing into action. Therefore you are a HERO whether you think so or not.

Don't worry about when you get home. We will still be here for you, and Silent_Runner is not going to give you any trouble. If she tries to give you any trouble, she will have to deal with me. :shocked: If I can't handle it by myself, I will call okie for reinforcements. I think with okie and myself, both being little fellas, we can handle it. :wow:

Take care and stay safe.

Lone_Wolfe
08-12-2009, 18:36
I don't care what you say. You are still my hero!:notworthy::perfect10::hugs:

I still don't think I'm a hero when all I did was run for cover when I was told to.

Or tried to run for cover that is......

But thank you and I'll sure take the :hugs: and give some :hugs: back.

Zonny
08-12-2009, 18:44
Lone_Wolfe, anyone willing to serve our country, in the name of freedom, is a hero. There's no getting around it.

You and all members of the military, past present and future, deserve that distinction.

Accept it with honor. It's yours.

Magnus2131
08-12-2009, 18:48
:goodpost:

janice6
08-12-2009, 18:57
Lone_Wolfe, Anyone willing to serve our country, in the name of freedom, is a hero. There's no getting around it.

You and all members of the military, past present and future, deserve that distinction.

I couldn't agree more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lone_Wolfe
08-12-2009, 23:22
The Oktoberfest is probably all accounted for with my bachelor party coming up. :tbo:, but if you gimme enough notice, and I'll whip up a batch of whatever you want. I'm guessing you're either a wheat beer kinda girl, or maybe an Irish ale???

Lemme see, some of my favorite beers are Thomas Creek Doppelbach, Old Nimbus Monkeyshine, New Belgium 1554. I also like Guiness Draught.

That's all I can remember at the moment. Does that give you an idea?

okie
08-13-2009, 01:39
I plan to hold you to that okie. :kiss:

You can count on it sweetie pie:kiss::kiss::kiss:http://www.websmileys.com/sm/love/246.gif

Lone_Wolfe
08-13-2009, 07:39
You had BETTER stay hidden while you are over there! I'm tired of you getting hurt. :impatient:

You know it's not the guns you have to worry about. I won't shoot you. I'll just stick a needle in you.

Hell I'm tired of getting hurt!

And why not stick a needle in me. Everyone else does!!! :shocked:

<------ feels like a pincushion

ooh i still love you....i'm just upset is all:sigh:

ooh ya, speaking of Pythons....i should be getting this one any day now

So does that mean you forgive me?
Those are nice pics. That looks almost new.
Cue Zombie Steve in 3....2....1.....

Zombie Steve
08-13-2009, 08:31
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj22/eddief4eddief4/pix678921000.jpg

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x214/sbecht/reallywantgv5.jpg

Zombie Steve
08-13-2009, 08:34
Lemme see, some of my favorite beers are Thomas Creek Doppelbach, Old Nimbus Monkeyshine, New Belgium 1554. I also like Guiness Draught.

That's all I can remember at the moment. Does that give you an idea?

I made a black lager a few batches back (in the vein of 1554). Used paradise seed instead of finishing hops. Turned out great.

I've never made a bock beer, but my old man used to make a doppelbock that would knock you off the barstool. I started brewing when he died, and have his recipe book, but no doppelbock :crying:. I could wing it, though...

Lone_Wolfe
08-13-2009, 11:47
LW, sweetie, a hero never thinks of themselves as a hero. They always say, hey I just did what anyone else would have done. I have seen instances, where a lot of people, just stood and watched, while 1 or 2 people swung into action. You are one of the people that will swing into action. Therefore you are a HERO whether you think so or not.

Don't worry about when you get home. We will still be here for you, and Silent_Runner is not going to give you any trouble. If she tries to give you any trouble, she will have to deal with me. :shocked: If I can't handle it by myself, I will call okie for reinforcements. I think with okie and myself, both being little fellas, we can handle it. :wow:

Take care and stay safe.

I still don't see myself as a hero, but thank you.

Silent_Runner, did you hear that? :supergrin: My battle buddies here got my back, so you'd better be nice!

I do hope I get to meet you, okie and a few other GT'ers someday. That would really be a good day for me. :cool:

faawrenchbndr
08-13-2009, 12:11
LW,...... you and many, many others are truly Heros......
God bless you for what you do, and what you have done! :patriot:

Lone_Wolfe
08-13-2009, 14:05
Lone_Wolfe, anyone willing to serve our country, in the name of freedom, is a hero. There's no getting around it.

I guess I'd better or you'll send Lady Glock in here to read me the Riot Act! :scared:

Just kidding. :supergrin:

When you put it like that I can understand and accept what you say. I feel the same way about anyone who puts themselves in danger for me. That would included LEO's, firefighters, etc. Along with my Brothers and Sisters-in-Arms.

LW,...... you and many, many others are truly Heros......
God bless you for what you do, and what you have done! :patriot:

Thank you. I need all the blessings I can get these days.... :wavey:

Lone_Wolfe
08-13-2009, 19:11
I made a black lager a few batches back (in the vein of 1554). Used paradise seed instead of finishing hops. Turned out great.
I've never made a bock beer, but my old man used to make a doppelbock that would knock you off the barstool. I started brewing when he died, and have his recipe book, but no doppelbock :crying:. I could wing it, though...

Now that sounds darn good.... Where'd you say you are? Colorado?

<----------- is looking forward to that trip....

Glock20 10mm
08-13-2009, 19:50
Lone Wolf... ever find yourself in Central Cali... drop me a line. Goes for any vet, active or otherwise.

Buki192327
08-13-2009, 21:02
I still don't see myself as a hero, but thank you.

Silent_Runner, did you hear that? :supergrin: My battle buddies here got my back, so you'd better be nice!

I do hope I get to meet you, okie and a few other GT'ers someday. That would really be a good day for me. :cool:

LW, sweetie, you better believe we have your back. If Silent_Runner tries to stick you with that needle, we will trick her. See if we can't end up sticking her with the needle, she had planned for you. :rofl:

I look forward to being able to meet you. That would be an absolutely great day for me. :supergrin:

Take care and stay safe. :hugs:

Zombie Steve
08-13-2009, 21:06
Now that sounds darn good.... Where'd you say you are? Colorado?

<----------- is looking forward to that trip....

Springs.

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x214/sbecht/morningpeak.jpg

Lone_Wolfe
08-14-2009, 00:13
^^^^^ Nice area ^^^^^

I've been through there once, a few years ago.

Lone_Wolfe
08-14-2009, 13:30
You can count on it sweetie pie:kiss::kiss:http://www.websmileys.com/sm/love/246.gif

okie just made my day... :cool:

Lone Wolf... ever find yourself in Central Cali... drop me a line. Goes for any vet, active or otherwise.

It would be my pleasure. I'm starting to think a trip around the country to meet some of you folks would be nice when I get outta here. That way I can thank all of you for the support in person.

Kicking bird
08-14-2009, 15:44
Lone_Wolfe,
You are truly an American Hero!! You had the courage to enlist and defend this great country and that in itself is enough to constitute a hero in my book!! Thank You for what you have done!!!

You and every member of the armed forces deserve a Hero's thank you that would make the michale jackson media circus pale in comparison !!

God Bless you and prayers for a speedy recovery!!

If you are ever in Fort Collins, Colorado, stop by New Belgium Brewery for a 1554 on me. My brother is an engineer there and he has a couple five cold 1554's for you !!!:cool:

RussP
08-14-2009, 21:05
Well, L_W, guess it is time for me to weigh in.

You've been in prayers for a long time and always will be.

It warms my heart and brings tears to my eyes seeing the outpouring of love and caring here in this thread. You earned it all by paying a heavy price, but you know that. Accept all the adulations. They are heartfelt.

Real warriors never think anything they do in war is that special. It's just doing the job. Years later someone might say something that triggers the "OMG, I did that!?!", and you finally have to accept the fact that what you did may just have been something a little out of the ordinary. But, still, you shrug and say, "Shucks, I was just doing what I needed to do." It took 40 years for someone to convince me. I just say, "Well, I guess I was really crazy back then."

Let me know if I can do anything for you.

XOXOXO

engineer151515
08-14-2009, 21:26
Prayers and best wishes, LW.

:wavey::wavey::patriot::patriot:

Magnus2131
08-14-2009, 21:27
Lone_Wolfe has a sticky. Congratulations, people love you!

Bumpadrum
08-14-2009, 21:47

And honor you and respect your service.
And we raise our glasses and drink a toast to your complete recovery!

To Lone_Wolfe! Bottoms up, America-you're a better place because of her!
:tequila::drink::beer::drunk::cheers:

Chad Landry
08-14-2009, 21:49
You know you ain't alone, lady.

I'll be back over there soon. Hope you're out before then.

okie
08-14-2009, 22:37
okie just made my day... :cool:

I'm so glad LW honey:kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:

RottnJP
08-14-2009, 22:39
I'm starting to think a trip around the country to meet some of you folks would be nice when I get outta here. That way I can thank all of you for the support in person.

Cue the 2009 LW HomeBrew Tour! How's Raspberry Imperial Stout sound? :whistling: Add Weber grill, steaks, and cozy wooded back yard, and toddlers bouncing off each other for entertainment... You know, the East Coast is pretty much on the way to anywhere when you're on the way home, last time I checked! :wavey:

Big Time
08-14-2009, 22:55
LW, girl you are going to have some duzzie of a story to tell your grandkids someday!:supergrin: Thanks for your service,If I could do it all over again I'd be back over there.Can I ask where your hometown is? Dover,Ohio for me,been here in Georgia since 1988.
Take care,
Calvin,aka Big Time

Lone_Wolfe
08-15-2009, 08:46
Well, L_W, guess it is time for me to weigh in.

You've been in prayers for a long time and always will be.

It warms my heart and brings tears to my eyes seeing the outpouring of love and caring here in this thread. You earned it all by paying a heavy price, but you know that. Accept all the adulations. They are heartfelt.

Real warriors never think anything they do in war is that special. It's just doing the job. Years later someone might say something that triggers the "OMG, I did that!?!", and you finally have to accept the fact that what you did may just have been something a little out of the ordinary. But, still, you shrug and say, "Shucks, I was just doing what I needed to do." It took 40 years for someone to convince me. I just say, "Well, I guess I was really crazy back then."

Let me know if I can do anything for you.

XOXOXO

Actually Russ it's brought a tear to my eye several times over. This last several weeks have been the worst for me in terms of the nightmares and the demons in my head. It's gotted to the point I've just wanted to give up sometimes. I don't know how okie knew, but somehow he did and started this thread when I needed the moral support and prayers more than ever. You people have been a real blessing to me.

Silent_Runner
08-15-2009, 10:46
LW, sweetie, you better believe we have your back. If Silent_Runner tries to stick you with that needle, we will trick her. See if we can't end up sticking her with the needle, she had planned for you. :rofl:

I look forward to being able to meet you. That would be an absolutely great day for me.

Take care and stay safe.

:duel: :whip: :poke:

Just kidding Buki192327. Lone_Wolfe and I have been real world friends for almost 20 years. If I do stick a needle in her it would contain something to help her, never to hurt her.

I'll even give her guns back someday. That is after I torment Zombie Steve with my nice shiney Python. :supergrin:

Zombie Steve
08-15-2009, 10:50
I'll even give her guns back someday. That is after I torment Zombie Steve with my nice shiney Python. :supergrin:

http://www.philebrity.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/crying-baby-party-56800676.jpg

Silent_Runner
08-15-2009, 10:51
It's gotted to the point I've just wanted to give up sometimes..

Don't you even THINK of giving up!

Historian
08-15-2009, 11:02
This last several weeks have been the worst for me in terms of the nightmares and the demons in my head.

And that's hard. I had issues like that for years and had to go almost 10 years to get past some of it...and sometimes it creeps right back in. :hugs: Some it will always be there. It will never go away.

This is sometimes the worst of injuries.

deadday
08-15-2009, 11:16
Actually Russ it's brought a tear to my eye several times over. This last several weeks have been the worst for me in terms of the nightmares and the demons in my head. It's gotted to the point I've just wanted to give up sometimes. I don't know how okie knew, but somehow he did and started this thread when I needed the moral support and prayers more than ever. You people have been a real blessing to me.

do you have a stuffed ani mal or something to snuggle with over there? I know it sounds childish, but it really helped me for some reason....I've got my lil stuffed dog that was given to me when I was about 2...still sleep with her every now and then when I'm having a bad night....if you don't have anything over there, send me your APO and I'll find something for you....

blackbirdzach
08-15-2009, 12:34
I don't venture into the open forum often, so today is the first I've seen this. First off, thank you for your service! Secondly, you will be in my family's prayers!

RottnJP
08-15-2009, 13:51
do you have a stuffed ani mal or something to snuggle with over there? I know it sounds childish, but it really helped me for some reason....I've got my lil stuffed dog that was given to me when I was about 2...still sleep with her every now and then when I'm having a bad night....if you don't have anything over there, send me your APO and I'll find something for you....

You know, it may sound silly, but whatever it takes to get you through the dark times... For me, after the attack many years ago that ultimately led to my decision to carry a firearm, the worst of the nightmares lasted over a year. At the darkest times, when I couldn't sleep, and I reacted as if any person behind me was about to stick a knife in my back, my saving mantra was "You can't let them win." I'd say that over and over to myself, and just keep fighting it until the next day, and then the next day, and then the next...

I wish I could just give you a great big hug :crying:

I *promise* you, there is a light at the end of the tunnel, though it may be a hard slog... Just keep fighting, giving yourself just one more day. That's the only battle you have to win- one more day.

You keep doing that, every damn day, and you *will* come out the other side in one piece. :grouphug:

Buki192327
08-15-2009, 13:54

That okie dude, is a pretty smart fella!!

LW, sweetie, you CANNNOT GIVE UP!!! If you give up, you will not be able to go on tour. I would not be able to give you the :hugs: that I owe you, okie would not be able to give you the :kiss: that he owes you, and you would miss out on all of the free beer. Sweetie, there are a lot of people that want to meet you and THANK YOU, personally for what you have done, for us. YOU keep your spirits up, and know that a lot of us are praying for your continued recovery, safety and well being, and will continue to do so.

LW, you have been a real blessing for us. Prayers for you and all of your brothers and sisters in arms.

:duel: :whip: :poke:

Just kidding Buki192327. Lone_Wolfe and I have been real world friends for almost 20 years. If I do stick a needle in her it would contain something to help her, never to hurt her.

I'll even give her guns back someday. That is after I torment Zombie Steve with my nice shiney Python.

Silent_Runner, I figured from some of the posts, that you 2 were real good friends. I knew that you would never do anything to hurt Lone_Wolfe. You 2 remind me of myself and a real good friend (old WWII vet), close to 40 years. We jab the needle at each other, just to keep each other going. It is so great when friends can do that.

I just want to know, who is going to chaffeur LW around the country, when she goes on her tour?

Magnus2131
08-15-2009, 14:17
This last several weeks have been the worst for me in terms of the nightmares and the demons in my head. It's gotted to the point I've just wanted to give up sometimes.
Lone_Wolfe, when you start feeling that way, you need to stop thinking that and think about all the people that care about you. You are more than just another stranger on the Internet to me. Knowing that you're there and suffering for people like myself breaks my heart. I'm glad Okie started this thread and hope that it helps you cope with what you're going through. Please, never give up!

Zombie Steve
08-15-2009, 14:29
I know what will cheer you up.

2010 "Men of Glocktalk" calendar, starring:

okie
itisbruno
cjlandry
jason D
eddief4

et cetera.

I already have my pics ready to go.

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn279/saraanne80/chippendales-dance.gif

Buki192327
08-15-2009, 14:42

okie
itisbruno
cjlandry
jason D
eddief4

et cetera.

OMG!!!! We just want Lone_Wolfe, to get well, not die from hysterical laughter!! :rofl::rofl::faint:

deadday
08-15-2009, 15:23

okie
itisbruno
cjlandry
jason D
eddief4

et cetera.

:puking:

Zombie Steve
08-15-2009, 15:47
:puking:

http://www.philebrity.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/crying-baby-party-56800676.jpg

RottnJP
08-15-2009, 16:10

Oh my God, who is that?? That looks remarkably like my youngest!

Lone_Wolfe
08-15-2009, 16:35
Lone_Wolfe,
You are truly an American Hero!! You had the courage to enlist and defend this great country and that in itself is enough to constitute a hero in my book!! Thank You for what you have done!!!

You and every member of the armed forces deserve a Hero's thank you that would make the michale jackson media circus pale in comparison !!

God Bless you and prayers for a speedy recovery!!

If you are ever in Fort Collins, Colorado, stop by New Belgium Brewery for a 1554 on me. My brother is an engineer there and he has a couple five cold 1554's for you !!!:cool:

Thank you Kicking Bird. And thank you for the prayers.

New Belgium Brewing Company? Yummmmm. I don't think they make a bad beer. Maybe instead of 5 1554's your brother could have a sample of each of thier different beers? <insert sheepish grin smiley here>

Last year I held a drawing for NRA memberships to be given away and even posted pics of the actual drawing taking place. I just looked at the pics again and sitting there beside the hat is a Mothership Wit.

Cue the 2009 LW HomeBrew Tour! How's Raspberry Imperial Stout sound? :whistling: Add Weber grill, steaks, and cozy wooded back yard, and toddlers bouncing off each other for entertainment... You know, the East Coast is pretty much on the way to anywhere when you're on the way home, last time I checked! :wavey:

Never heard of it, but it may be good. I'll have to find out, won't I?

Toddlers.... Oh yeah, I remember what those are... :cool:

Steaks, yummmmmmmmmmm........ :eat:

Lone_Wolfe
08-15-2009, 16:41
And that's hard. I had issues like that for years and had to go almost 10 years to get past some of it...and sometimes it creeps right back in. :hugs: Some it will always be there. It will never go away.

This is sometimes the worst of injuries.

Wow, 10 years of feeling like this is not something to look forward to. Yes, it is the worst part. I think the physical injuries would be a lot closer to healed if not for the psychological part. Things like waking up thrashing from a nightmare or worse is not condusive to healing a chest injury. :upeyes:

Thanks for the :hugs: and :hugs: back

Lone_Wolfe
08-15-2009, 16:56

I'd have never thought of a stuffed animal. Does make a bit of sense though. I spend a lot of time looking at the Caturday thread and I keep pics of my kitties up on my laptop whenever I can. Something about furry critters I guess....

I don't venture into the open forum often, so today is the first I've seen this. First off, thank you for your service! Secondly, you will be in my family's prayers!

Thank you blackbirdzach, and thank you for the prayers.

Zonny
08-15-2009, 17:05
Hey!!! I happen to know it's 2AM where you are. When do you sleep?

You need some rest to heal sweetie. Do you need a kitty to cuddle with @ night?

Lone_Wolfe
08-15-2009, 17:11
Hey!!! I happen to know it's 2AM where you are. When do you sleep?

You need some rest to heal sweetie. Do you need a kitty to cuddle with @ night?

Sleep? What's that? Oh yeah, that's where the nightmares hide... :upeyes: They are there waiting for me again tonight...

Hi Zonny :wavey:

I was just PMing someone noting the time. I know I need rest, but just can't sleep these days. That's part of what's dragging me down so much.

A kitty to cuddle with? Can you send my calico? :supergrin:

Zonny
08-15-2009, 17:17
A kitty to cuddle with? Can you send my calico? :supergrin:

You know the routine, find me one that does the trick!!

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=wYn&ei=ukGHStG4AsGltgeBr9nnDA&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=stuffed+calico+cats&spell=1

Lone_Wolfe
08-15-2009, 17:28

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=wYn&ei=ukGHStG4AsGltgeBr9nnDA&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=stuffed+calico+cats&spell=1

Zonny, you are just too nice to me. I started to write that you don't owe me any stuffed animal, but thought better of it before I clicked submit.

And you did give a laugh. :rofl:

Now to look at kitties......

Zonny
08-15-2009, 17:32
Zonny, you are just too nice to me. I started to write that you don't owe me any stuffed animal, but thought better of it before I clicked submit.

And you did give a laugh. :rofl:

Here's the deal. My daughter tells me that all her 'needs' are readily available to her. She needs me to send her nothing but that there are plenty of troops who aren't in the situation that she is in and that if I want to send something send it to someone in need. So guess what? I chose you. You're stuck with me like it or not. :tongueout:

Lone_Wolfe
08-15-2009, 17:40
Here's the deal. My daughter tells me that all her 'needs' are readily available to her. She needs me to send her nothing but that there are plenty of troops who aren't in the situation that she is in and that if I want to send something send it to someone in need. So guess what? I chose you. You're stuck with me like it or not. :tongueout:

I have been told. <insert submission smiley here> Hey at least this time you didn't have to go get Lady Glock. :rofl:

And I do like you and want to meet you someday. I just got to make it out of here.

Lone_Wolfe
08-15-2009, 17:57
Prayers and best wishes, LW.

Thank you engineer151515

:wavey::wavey::patriot::patriot:

Actually that's just gum on my shoe.

You know you ain't alone, lady.

I'll be back over there soon. Hope you're out before then.

Thank cj. And you know what to bring when you come back here, right?

Right?

Maybe I'll run into you...

Lone_Wolfe
08-15-2009, 18:23
Don't you even THINK of giving up!

I'm doing my best.

RottnJP
08-15-2009, 20:37
Never heard of it, but it may be good. I'll have to find out, won't I?

Toddlers.... Oh yeah, I remember what those are... :cool:

Steaks, yummmmmmmmmmm........ :eat:

:tongueout: 'Course you haven't heard of it- It's a *home-brew* tour, remember? :supergrin: Something like 10 pounds of fresh organic raspberries went into that batch...

deadday
08-15-2009, 20:43
I'd have never thought of a stuffed animal. Does make a bit of sense though. I spend a lot of time looking at the Caturday thread and I keep pics of my kitties up on my laptop whenever I can. Something about furry critters I guess....

Thank you blackbirdzach, and thank you for the prayers.

PM me your APO, and I'll send you something soft and cuddly...

Lone_Wolfe
08-16-2009, 00:05
And honor you and respect your service.
And we raise our glasses and drink a toast to your complete recovery!

To Lone_Wolfe! Bottoms up, America-you're a better place because of her!
:tequila::drink::beer::drunk::cheers:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ plans to do those smileys justice when I get home..

Thanks Bumpadrum. I'd have more fun taking your kind of medicine than the stuff these doctors give me.... lol

Point Blanks
08-16-2009, 03:22
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ plans to do those smileys justice when I get home

Unlocked
08-16-2009, 07:43
Prayers on the way.

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Lone_Wolfe
08-16-2009, 08:28
That okie dude, is a pretty smart fella!!

LW, sweetie, you CANNNOT GIVE UP!!! If you give up, you will not be able to go on tour. I would not be able to give you the :hugs: that I owe you, okie would not be able to give you the :kiss: that he owes you, and you would miss out on all of the free beer. Sweetie, there are a lot of people that want to meet you and THANK YOU, personally for what you have done, for us. YOU keep your spirits up, and know that a lot of us are praying for your continued recovery, safety and well being, and will continue to do so.

LW, you have been a real blessing for us. Prayers for you and all of your brothers and sisters in arms.

Silent_Runner, I figured from some of the posts, that you 2 were real good friends. I knew that you would never do anything to hurt Lone_Wolfe. You 2 remind me of myself and a real good friend (old WWII vet), close to 40 years. We jab the needle at each other, just to keep each other going. It is so great when friends can do that.

I just want to know, who is going to chaffeur LW around the country, when she goes on her tour?

This post has been so hard to read. I can't get through it without still more tears. I know how wrong and selfish it is to even think about giving up. Sometimes it's hard to push those thoughts away when they take hold of me, but when I think of things like what you are saying here it helps in some way. The beer isn't important, it's the people. Not just people I know in RL, but you people here. So many of you that I want to meet now to thank in person for the prayers and support. :grouphug: I won't be able to do that if I give up now.

Okie is pretty smart isn't he? And he's got to be one of the nicest people on the planet. So are you. :hugs: Silent_Runner is a pretty good friend. But she actually does have needles and isn't afraid to use them. She's also jerked a knot in my ass a few times in the last couple months. I figured I needed/deserved it.

You know, she would make a good designated driver...... :couch:

bwphoto
08-16-2009, 10:19
Wow, I totally missed all this until now! I'm gonna make everyone jealous and point out the fact that I've actually met LW...

We arranged to meet - she'd bring the money, I'd bring the guns. That sort of thing. Cool night for Phoenix, too cool. Something was up. I drove past the parking lot twice to check things out (I was lost). Found the place, pulled in. There she was - standing like 5'4" of trouble under the single light in the parking lot.

"You *'Lone Wolfe'?

"Yeah. You *'BWPhoto'?

"I might be. You got the money?

"Lets see the hardware.

Like Tuco in a lonely hardware store, she proceeds to check out my SP101. Listening to the cylinder spin, working the action, etc... I flip through stacks of unmarked, nonconsecutive $20s. They smelled as real as the cold steel hidden at my 4 o'clock.

We agree on the deal and she opens the trunk of her high performance Mustang. No doubt that kind of HP making the trek through the desert to her hideout a high-speed joyride. It was unsettling to see how expertly she fit an 'arsenal' into the trunk - my former SP101 fitting neatly amongst rifles, more pistols, etc...

Convinced everything was as legit as it could ever be, I stuffed the cash deep into my pockets, wished LW luck with the new-to-her shooter and took off... Starting to rain, I wondered if our paths would ever cross again.

* names changed to protect the guilty!

====

Here's to a speedy recovery LW! I hope that .357 is still treating you well :) Thanks for your service to all of us and our country - I know that I and everyone on this board appreciate it immensely and are here for you if you need anything.

Lone_Wolfe
08-16-2009, 12:42
:laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove:

That's about the funniest description of a FTF gun sales I've ever read. Pretty accurate too, including the height, I am 5'4". Thanks bwphoto, I needed a good laugh today and you sure served one up :thumbsup:

And thank you for the kind offer and well-wishes. A friend of mine took all my guns for now, to include the 357, but will give them back to me when I'm ready for them. So it's in good hands and will remain that way. :wavey:

faawrenchbndr
08-16-2009, 12:58
Damn,.... that story is hilarious!

If I didn't give up after my SECOND divorce, you can not give up either!
Everything happens for a reason,......... I finally learned to quit dating tramps!

Everything will be ok,....... remember, I still want to see pics of you in the "Wonder Woman" plane! :rofl:

Zombie Steve
08-16-2009, 13:01

Everything happens for a reason,......... I finally learned to quit dating tramps!

Everything will be ok,....... remember, I still want to see pics of you in the "Wonder Woman" plane! :rofl:

:needspics:

Zombie Steve
08-16-2009, 13:02
...Sunday :hugs: for you, LW.

ETA: sooooooo, no calendar then?

Lone_Wolfe
08-16-2009, 13:09
You know, it may sound silly, but whatever it takes to get you through the dark times... For me, after the attack many years ago that ultimately led to my decision to carry a firearm, the worst of the nightmares lasted over a year. At the darkest times, when I couldn't sleep, and I reacted as if any person behind me was about to stick a knife in my back, my saving mantra was "You can't let them win." I'd say that over and over to myself, and just keep fighting it until the next day, and then the next day, and then the next...

I *promise* you, there is a light at the end of the tunnel, though it may be a hard slog... Just keep fighting, giving yourself just one more day. That's the only battle you have to win- one more day.

You keep doing that, every damn day, and you *will* come out the other side in one piece. :grouphug:

I read this yesterday and have been thinking about it all day. This may be the best advice of all, one more day, just one more day. I've been looking at next week, next month, next year and it's too much to deal with right now. But just one day I think I can deal with.

I've told myself so many times I can't let those Afghani ****stains win. That I can't let my comrade's death and a lot of medic's and doctor's hard work be in vain. That would be so wrong. So I won't let those bastards win today. Thank you RottnJP.

I wish you could give me a hug too, and I could give you one back. I'm glad to see you came out OK on the other side. Maybe I will too. :hugs:

Lone_Wolfe
08-16-2009, 17:19
Lone_Wolfe, when you start feeling that way, you need to stop thinking that and think about all the people that care about you. You are more than just another stranger on the Internet to me. Knowing that you're there and suffering for people like myself breaks my heart. I'm glad Okie started this thread and hope that it helps you cope with what you're going through. Please, never give up!

It just always amazes me how we can grow to care about someone we've never met and maybe never will. Before I came here I didn’t think that was possible, but now I’ve experienced it in both directions. Do you folks have any idea how hard it is to type with tears streaming down your face? I do, because that’s what I’m doing now. Good thing I use spell-check. Reading stuff like this does help me cope. It helps me see that this will all be worth it in the end.

Thank you Magnus2131

Mrs. VR
08-16-2009, 17:30
There is nothing I can say that hasn't already been said. Best wishes for a continued recovery. :angel:

Lone_Wolfe
08-16-2009, 18:02
:tongueout: 'Course you haven't heard of it- It's a *home-brew* tour, remember? Something like 10 pounds of fresh organic raspberries went into that batch...

Now that sounds tasty...... yummmmmmm

Prayers on the way.

:angel:

Thank you, Unlocked

Everything will be ok,....... remember, I still want to see pics of you in the "Wonder Woman" plane!

Yes, it was. Best laugh I've had in a while.

I'm doing my best not to give up, it aint easy.

If I get the pics I'll be sure to PM them to you.

...Sunday :hugs: for you, LW.

ETA: sooooooo, no calendar then?

Monday 3AM :hugs: back

Start a picture thread with the men of GT? OK, I'll go there

There is nothing I can say that hasn't already been said. Best wishes for a continued recovery. :angel:

Thank you so much, Mrs. VR

Slobberchops
08-16-2009, 18:09

+1 :wavey:

I've met Okie, you definitely need to make it back to the states to meet him! :cool:

I didn't kiss him though....:shocked::phew:

USMCsilver
08-16-2009, 19:49
Hiya hun! Just noticed the thread. I hope things are a bit more on the "sunny-side-up" side of life now.

I'll say a prayer for ya! :)

Zonny
08-17-2009, 16:58

:popcorn:

RottnJP
08-17-2009, 18:07
I read this yesterday and have been thinking about it all day. This may be the best advice of all, one more day, just one more day. I've been looking at next week, next month, next year and it's too much to deal with right now. But just one day I think I can deal with.

I've told myself so many times I can't let those Afghani ****stains win. That I can't let my comrade's death and a lot of medic's and doctor's hard work be in vain. That would be so wrong. So I won't let those bastards win today. Thank you RottnJP.

I wish you could give me a hug too, and I could give you one back. I'm glad to see you came out OK on the other side. Maybe I will too. :hugs:

I am glad, and honored, that some part of my experience can help you get through yours...

If you think about it, there are variations of that theme common to many cultures/philosophies. You may enjoy digging into the philosophical angles a bit, and run with whichever version resonates best with you... How do you climb the temple with one thousand stairs? One stair at a time. What is the hardest part of a journey of a thousand miles? The next step.

In general, one part that sticks with me, and is helpful for me to keep in mind during all sorts of challenges, is the idea that it is only your choices in the current moment that truly matter... The past is done, and the future will be what it will be, based on the sum-total of our choices, and a whole lot of other factors. Our choice any given moment is the only thing we truly control.

As I've heard it put another way- The past is set, you can not change it. But, any given moment you can choose to create a new future.

Anyway, enough philosophy for now- don't want to bore everyone with my dorkiness. :supergrin:

I'm still chuckling over the " 5'4" of trouble " story, by the way... :cool:

proguncali
08-17-2009, 19:23
Hey LW!

mad prayers for your continued recovery!

B. Somm
08-17-2009, 21:21
Hiya Lone_Wolfe!

I haven't been in GT for a couple of weeks, so I'm sorry if I'm late in posting my well wishes along with everyone elses.

I didn't know that you were dealing with PTSD & the nightmares as well as recovering from the physical injuries...although after what you've been through, it doesn't surprise me. I just hope you keep the faith and "keep on keeping on"! (Besides, I still have a .357 with yer name on it!) ;)

Hang in there Lone, I'm here for ya if you need anything!

B. :hugs: :hugs:

MySiK26
08-17-2009, 21:27
LW, I am just now seeing this thread for the first time.... I wil say a prayer for you and everyone else serving our country, and will continue to pray. :patriot::angel::hugs: get better sweetheart.

Lone_Wolfe
08-18-2009, 09:13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonny

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&c...o+cats&spell=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe

:popcorn:

She looks so cuddleworthy..http://plushtoys.stores.yahoo.net/calicocat.html

and Thank you Zonny

Magnus2131
08-18-2009, 09:17
Continued prayers for you and to the hope that each day is a little better than the last.

Zonny
08-18-2009, 09:37
She looks so cuddleworthy..http://plushtoys.stores.yahoo.net/calicocat.html

and Thank you Zonny

"She's" on her way. Direct this time :hugs:

Lone_Wolfe
08-18-2009, 15:10
LW, I am just now seeing this thread for the first time.... I wil say a prayer for you and everyone else serving our country, and will continue to pray. :angel::hugs: get better sweetheart.

Thank you MySiK26, those prayers are appreciated

+1

I've met Okie, you definitely need to make it back to the states to meet him!

I didn't kiss him though....:shocked::phew:

Yes, I do need to meet okie. And I'm glad you didn't take up any of his kisses, that just leaves more for me.

Hiya hun! Just noticed the thread. I hope things are a bit more on the "sunny-side-up" side of life now.

I'll say a prayer for ya! :)

Thanks USMCsilver, I'm working on the sunny-side-up part.

Hey LW!

mad prayers for your continued recovery!

Thank you proguncali, good to see you.

Beware Owner
08-18-2009, 15:15
I wish you a speedy and complete recovery, princess.

Lone_Wolfe
08-18-2009, 16:28
Hiya Lone_Wolfe!

I haven't been in GT for a couple of weeks, so I'm sorry if I'm late in posting my well wishes along with everyone elses.

I didn't know that you were dealing with PTSD & the nightmares as well as recovering from the physical injuries...although after what you've been through, it doesn't surprise me. I just hope you keep the faith and "keep on keeping on"! (Besides, I still have a .357 with yer name on it!) ;)

Hang in there Lone, I'm here for ya if you need anything!

B. :hugs:

Hi B. Somm, good to see you again. I'm really sorry to hear about your friend. :crying:

Yes, I definitely have PTSD and nightmares. Right now the nightmares own me. I think they have jockeys and trainers. The only good thing about them is that most of them are a recurring theme and my shrink is convinced she knows what's causing them. So if I can deal with one issue, and I'm trying to, then I'll be able to send at least some of those nags to the glue factory.

The hard part is accepting and coming to terms with what happened. I'm not doing well in that area, in part because the constant nightmares have my resolve weakened so much.

"keep on keeping on"! I'm doing just that one day at a time. :wavey:

:hugs: back

okie
08-19-2009, 01:22
Guess what LW honey, if you guessed more kisses, you guessed right.:kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:

Silent_Runner
08-19-2009, 11:45
This post has been so hard to read. I can't get through it without still more tears. I know how wrong and selfish it is to even think about giving up. Sometimes it's hard to push those thoughts away when they take hold of me, but when I think of things like what you are saying here it helps in some way. The beer isn't important, it's the people. Not just people I know in RL, but you people here. So many of you that I want to meet now to thank in person for the prayers and support. :grouphug: I won't be able to do that if I give up now.

Whatever it takes you stop even thinking of giving up!

Okie is pretty smart isn't he? And he's got to be one of the nicest people on the planet. So are you. :hugs: Silent_Runner is a pretty good friend. But she actually does have needles and isn't afraid to use them. She's also jerked a knot in my ass a few times in the last couple months. I figured I needed/deserved it.

You know, she would make a good designated driver...... :couch:

And I'll jerk plenty more knots if I think you need them!

Designated driver, eh? :okie:
You'd best stay :couch: for now!

Silent_Runner
08-19-2009, 11:49
Wow, I totally missed all this until now! I'm gonna make everyone jealous and point out the fact that I've actually met LW...
............standing like 5'4" of trouble ......

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yep. You've met her alright. :whistling:

B. Somm
08-19-2009, 22:09
Hi B. Somm, good to see you again. I'm really sorry to hear about your friend. :crying:

Thanks LW!

So if I can deal with one issue, and I'm trying to, then I'll be able to send at least some of those nags to the glue factory.

I wish you the best and hope that your shrink is right on the root cause! ("Knowing is half the battle"...so they say! :thumbsup: ) Besides, no one needs extra 'nags' in their lives! :supergrin:

janice6
08-19-2009, 22:17
You won!!!!!! Your still alive!

Hope things get better soon, love.

Silent_Runner
08-20-2009, 10:46

This is ecellent advice for anyone who is fighting depression. Just fight you battle one day at a time. Make your trip one step at a time.

One day you wil start to feel better or reach the end of the long journey.

Wolfe, you'd better still be heeding to this one. :wavey:

alabaster
08-20-2009, 10:48
Thoughts and prayers. Much thanks too for serving our wonderful Country.

rockabillyrider
08-20-2009, 15:25
Stay strong my friend, I've been praying for you! :wavey:

Buki192327
08-20-2009, 17:01
LW, like we said 1 second, 1 minute, 1 hour at a time, will turn into days, of you feeling better. :cool:

Here are some :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: for you.

Hope you are having a much better day today, sweetie.

Silent_Runner
08-22-2009, 11:09
LW, like we said 1 second, 1 minute, 1 hour at a time, will turn into days, of you feeling better. :cool:

It's turning into too many days since I heard from her.

Wolfe? :impatient:

Magnus2131
08-22-2009, 11:57
LW, where are you today? Hope your doing ok.

FightingTiger
08-22-2009, 18:11
Thank you for your service, it is appreciated. I hope your recovery is going strong and you get well soon.

byf43
08-22-2009, 20:27
L_W,

Thank You for your service, and I truly want to send hugs and kisses your way.

God Bless You.
I will pray for your speedy and complete recovery.

One Day at a time. One Day of Healing, each day. . . until completely healed.

okie
08-23-2009, 14:07
More kisses for ya LW sweetheart:kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:

Buki192327
08-23-2009, 16:03
LW sweetie, still continuing to send out prayers and good thoughts for you.

Also, here is something else for you. :hugs::hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss:

The conerns of myself, and the others on this forum, are that you GET WELL.

Silent_Runner
08-24-2009, 16:57

I got a message from her, she will probably be able to come back here some time tommorow.

Please don't stop the prayers and well wishes.

Buki192327
08-24-2009, 17:00
I got a message from her, she will probably be able to come back here some time tommorow.

They will not be stopped!!!!

Zombie Steve
08-24-2009, 17:04
:hay::wavey:

rhikdavis
08-24-2009, 18:15
Thank you for your service and sacrifice. Here's to recovery. :beer:

Slobberchops
08-24-2009, 20:42

Hope your getting better! More prayers sent your way!

Magnus2131
08-25-2009, 00:21

That's good to hear and no the prayers etc will not stop.:wavey:

Lone_Wolfe
08-25-2009, 06:49
Guess what LW honey, if you guessed more kisses, you guessed right.:kiss::kiss:

More kisses for ya LW sweetheart:kiss::kiss:

Now those kisses really hit the spot. :hearts:

RottnJP
08-25-2009, 06:55

LOL! Now which spot is *that* dare I ask? :wow:

You guys need a room already! :embarassed:

:rofl::rofl:

Gun Shark
08-25-2009, 06:56

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Lone_Wolfe
08-25-2009, 07:02
It's turning into too many days since I heard from her.

Wolfe? :impatient:

I’m still among the living folks. That’s a good thing….. I think. As to why I disappeared for almost a week, well, I’ll just say it wasn’t planned. I’ve spent most of the past week in Lost and Found at the base hospital.

The pushers (docs) here have had me on various combos of anti-depressants, pain pill and sleep aids for months. Most of the pills they’ve given me didn’t like me at all and certainly didn’t like each other. So combine yet another reaction to the meds and the fact that I was getting maybe 3 hours sleep on a good night due to the nightmares and I was losing touch with reality.

Long story short in the early morning hours of what I think was Thursday I found myself at the hospital. The doc decided to sedate me so I could detox from all the pills and finally get some rest. Yep, I was drugged to get me off drugs…. Go figure. But now I’m off the happy pills and the narcotic pain and sleep pills. I still have those damn nightmares hanging around, but hopefully I can deal with them a little better without all the crap in my system making them worse. And at least for the moment I’m well rested. We’ll see how long that lasts.

I truly appreciate your continued prayers. I’m doing my best to live up to them.

Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe
08-25-2009, 07:12
"She's" on her way. Direct this time :hugs:

Zonny, a few days ago a medic came to me and told me someone had dropped off a box at the hospital for me. I asked him if I could have it and he unwrapped and handed me the softest robe I’ve ever felt. It was so nice I balled it up and cuddled it like it was a kitty. It stayed glued to me except when the doc took it away to examine me. After which I made him give it right back. Thank you so much. and thank you in advance for my stuffed kitty. You are way too nice to me. :hugs:

Lone_Wolfe
08-25-2009, 07:49
Thanks LW!

I wish you the best and hope that your shrink is right on the root cause! ("Knowing is half the battle"...so they say! :thumbsup: ) Besides, no one needs extra 'nags' in their lives! :supergrin:

I sure hope she is too, B. Somm. I guess I'm about to find out soon. I'd like to send these 'nags' to the dog food factory!

You won!!!!!! Your still alive!

Hope things get better soon, love.

I don't always feel like I won, but it's true that I am still alive. And thank you.

BTW, I love the doggie in your avatar!

Thoughts and prayers. Much thanks too for serving our wonderful Country.

Thank you alabaster. And you are welcome.

Stay strong my friend, I've been praying for you! :wavey:

Thank you so much. And give those kitties a rub for me. :wavey:

okie
08-25-2009, 10:03

I'm so glad they helped my dear:hearts::kiss::kiss:

bac1023
08-25-2009, 10:30
LW, sorry I'm so late to the thread. :embarassed:

I noticed Silent Runner's pics of your guns and that led me here.

I would have seen it much earlier, but I very rarely visit GNG.

My hope is for your speedy recovery. :wavey:

Zonny
08-25-2009, 13:52
Zonny, a few days ago a medic came to me and told me someone had dropped off a box at the hospital for me. I asked him if I could have it and he unwrapped and handed me the softest robe I’ve ever felt. It was so nice I balled it up and cuddled it like it was a kitty. It stayed glued to me except when the doc took it away to examine me. After which I made him give it right back. Thank you so much. and thank you in advance for my stuffed kitty. You are way too nice to me. :hugs:

You're most welcome Lone_Wolfe. Thank you for allowing me to somehow aid in your healing. :hugs:

Lone_Wolfe
08-25-2009, 18:05

Ummmmmmmm, considering that I posted previously exactly where my injury is could it be that you are just a bit jealous? :whistling:

Silent_Runner
08-26-2009, 09:47
I’m still among the living folks. That’s a good thing….. I think.

You won't think so if you scare the crap out of me like that again! :okie:

magnum62
08-26-2009, 19:10
I've been reading this LW, and I know I don't know you. But count on my prayers for you.

RussP
08-26-2009, 19:59
...I truly appreciate your continued prayers. I’m doing my best to live up to them.

Wolfe:thumbsup:

okie
08-27-2009, 08:22
For you LW honeyhttp://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Love/crying-183.gif

Lone_Wolfe
08-27-2009, 12:07
They will not be stopped!!!!

Thank you. I know I can count on you Buki. :hugs:

Howdy back at ya.

Thank you for your service and sacrifice. Here's to recovery. :beer:

I'll drink to that. :drink:

Hope your getting better! More prayers sent your way!

I'm working on the getting better part. Thank you for that prayers.

Magnus2131
08-27-2009, 12:12
So good to have you back LW!

Lone_Wolfe
08-27-2009, 12:20
LW, sorry I'm so late to the thread. :embarassed:

I noticed Silent Runner's pics of your guns and that led me here.

I would have seen it much earlier, but I very rarely visit GNG.

My hope is for your speedy recovery. :wavey:

Thanks bac. Yep, I gave her my gun collection. Trouble is she doesn't know how to take her own pics so I felt sorry for her and gave her my pics too... :upeyes:

Don't feel bad about never getting over here. I don't go to you side of the world either. But it's good to see you again. And thank you.

You're most welcome Lone_Wolfe. Thank you for allowing me to somehow aid in your healing. :hugs:

I've been reading this LW, and I know I don't know you. But count on my prayers for you.

Thank you very much

Lone_Wolfe
08-27-2009, 12:22
You won't think so if you scare the crap out of me like that again! :okie:

Oh ****, I'm in trouble! :couch:

So good to have you back LW!

Thank you. It's good to be back. It's damn sure better than the alternative!

faawrenchbndr
08-27-2009, 12:28
Kinda funny how you can get LOST in a hospital for days.
Happened to me back in '91 when I got my *** kicked by
kidney stones in the desert. They lost me for three days. :faint:

Lone_Wolfe
08-27-2009, 12:34
Kinda funny how you can get LOST in a hospital for days.
Happened to me back in '91 when I got my *** kicked by
kidney stones in the desert. They lost me for three days. :faint:

Ouch! Damn, that had to hurt.

I can't say the hospital lost me, more like I lost my mind. Drug-induced psychosis, my doc says.

Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most...........

faawrenchbndr
08-27-2009, 12:36
Well I was jacked up on Morphine for two of the three days.

How are you doing? Heard about the cozy robe. Are you going to
model it for us?

Lone_Wolfe
08-27-2009, 13:13
Well I was jacked up on Morphine for two of the three days.

How are you doing? Heard about the cozy robe. Are you going to
model it for us?

Morphine... I've gotten to know that stuff well in the last 8+ months. Alond with a whole pharmacy of other stuff.

Wanting me to model the robe, eh? You're getting to be as bad as itisbruno...:whistling:

faawrenchbndr
08-27-2009, 14:01
Had to try,....... take care Sweetie!

Buki192327
08-27-2009, 20:49
Ouch! Damn, that had to hurt.

I can't say the hospital lost me, more like I lost my mind. Drug-induced psychosis, my doc says.

Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most...........

LW, sweetie you aren't the only one in drug induced psychosis. The POTUS, Senate, and House of Reps, are the same way. :whistling:

Hope your days are going better.

I had kind of a crazy day today. If tomorrow isn't better, I may want to join you, in that drug induced ............ :faint: I don't miss my mind at all. It has been gone for so long, I don't know what it would be like to have a mind again. :rofl:

Prayers for you safety, well being and recovery still inbound. :hugs::hugs:

Keep you spirits up.

Bumpadrum
08-28-2009, 08:23
< not a drummer. refers to bump(firing) a drum(magazine) silly, i know

Good Golly Gumdrops Girl! I about broke my prayerbone. But it goes to show ya' that prayer works. I hope you're feeling better and can get home soon. God bless and keep you safe, and hold you in His healing hand.

Silent_Runner
08-28-2009, 11:24
Oh ****, I'm in trouble! :couch:

Thank you. It's good to be back. It's damn sure better than the alternative!

Yes you are. :impatient: And quit thinking of that alternative!

LW, sweetie you aren't the only one in drug induced psychosis. The POTUS, Senate, and House of Reps, are the same way. :whistling:

Maybe we can turn those army doctors loose on Obama. They might succeed in messing him up too. :whistling:

< not a drummer. refers to bump(firing) a drum(magazine) silly, i know

Good Golly Gumdrops Girl! I about broke my prayerbone. But it goes to show ya' that prayer works. I hope you're feeling better and can get home soon. God bless and keep you safe, and hold you in His healing hand.

Don't break that prayerbone sir! You won't be able to use it if you break it! :wow:

Lone_Wolfe
08-28-2009, 15:05

Well the seconds, minutes, hours have added up to yet another day that I got through, that I didn't give up. Can't say it's been an easy one, but those Afghani bastards didn't win today.

:hugs: back to everyone

Magnus2131
08-28-2009, 15:08
Well the seconds, minutes, hours have added up to yet another day that I got through, that I didn't give up. Can't say it's been an easy one, but those Afghani bastards didn't win today.

:hugs: back to everyone
Good for you!:wavey: