Rules for a NJ Individual Selling a Handgun? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Rules for a NJ Individual Selling a Handgun?

Derek19360
07-20-2009, 14:21
I recently moved to NJ from PA and plan on selling a handgun. While I know the general restrictions in NJ (i.e. hollow-points, 15 round magazines, etc.), are there any regulations for the individual selling the handgun?

My plan would be either to do a face-to-face transaction at a FFL or for me to overnight the handgun to a FFL dealer. I've done both of those while a PA resident but don't know if NJ handles these differently.

Thanks.

mjs3350
07-20-2009, 18:43
you got it...arrange the deal with an FFL dealer and either meet up there or ship it to the FFL dealer that the buyer has set up. If shipping to the FFL, make sure they send you their credentials before hand.

Some FFL dealers will only accept transactions from other dealers, though, so ask around. Where are you located in NJ?

Derek19360
07-20-2009, 20:18
^ Thanks for the reply....sounds exactly the same procedure as I've gone through in PA. I'm in NW NJ but still work in PA and more than likely would ship through FedEx once a deal is made.

mjs3350
07-21-2009, 10:23
No problem. As far as Fedex, I believe you have to take it to one of their main shipping locations to ship a firearm, can't just go into a kinkos or something.