what happened [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : what happened

CentralMsGunFan
07-20-2009, 21:25
the ms glockers forum used to be a happening place. what happened?

OXCOPS
07-21-2009, 01:44
I moved to AZ and everyone else was so devastated that they stopped posting. :dunno:

para40
07-21-2009, 06:21
I moved to AZ and everyone else was so devastated that they stopped posting. :dunno:

This.
:rofl:

Ole Miss lost you and Sheppard Smith, and it's still messed up.

j/k :tongueout:

CentralMsGunFan
07-21-2009, 10:32

i cant understand why in the world anybody would move from Oxford to AZ. Other than the gun laws.

OXCOPS
07-21-2009, 19:50
This.
:rofl:

Ole Miss lost you and Sheppard Smith, and it's still messed up.

j/k :tongueout:

The world will never be the same. :rofl:

OXCOPS
07-21-2009, 19:51
i cant understand why in the world anybody would move from Oxford to AZ. Other than the gun laws.

I needed a chance of scenery. As for the gun laws, the only real difference I have seen is DPS's processing time for permits. MS is still 100+ days. AZ took less than two weeks.

para40
07-22-2009, 07:14
I needed a chance of scenery. As for the gun laws, the only real difference I have seen is DPS's processing time for permits. MS is still 100+ days. AZ took less than two weeks.

OX, the new people I have been getting started say the time now is about +/- 55 days. Don't know if this is still true with the sudden increase of permits.

OXCOPS
07-22-2009, 17:52
OX, the new people I have been getting started say the time now is about +/- 55 days. Don't know if this is still true with the sudden increase of permits.

Well, that is good news to hear. I have always wondered why MS took so long when all these other states did the same background checks in a quarter of the time.

NRA_guy
07-22-2009, 18:57
They changed the law.

I think not allowing the posting of FTF sales hurts the Mississippi forum. And not enforcing the requirement to post the state in the Classified sales hurts---especially since you cannot search on a 2 letter state abbreviation.

And every time we point out yankee ignorance they take offense and start that north vs. south thing that gets threads locked. :supergrin:

CentralMsGunFan
07-23-2009, 01:38

AZ is a "gold star open carry" state =). (www.opencarry.org) We are a "no such thing as open carry because holster carry is concealed carry" state.

OXCOPS
07-23-2009, 01:47
Well, I personally am not a fan of open carry. Don't care if others do, but my personal views on it cause me not to do so, so OC isn't an issue for me. To me, it paints a target on your back in a SHTF situation, or causes those on the fence about CCW to possibly get the wrong impression.

I prefer to carry concealed, which gives me the advantage of deciding when (or if) to act. Plus, I enjoy talking to people about CCW. Hearing them talk about how dangerous it is, blah, blah, blah. Then, after we have talked for a while, and they have become comforatble around me, I ask them what they would think if they knew they had been sitting less than 5' from a loaded weapon. Most get wide-eyed, then ask what I mean. Then, I can explain to them that CCW isn't so bad after all, and why.

As a former LEO in MS, I always had an issue with how long it took DPS to issue the permits. Seemed ridiculous to me for them to hold out, just cause they could. Arizona process more permits than MS and gets them done in about 10-14 days. It really shouldn't take 45 days, much less 120.

CentralMsGunFan
07-23-2009, 01:58
Well, I personally am not a fan of open carry. Don't care if others do, but my personal views on it cause me not to do so, so OC isn't an issue for me. To me, it paints a target on your back in a SHTF situation, or causes those on the fence about CCW to possibly get the wrong impression.

I prefer to carry concealed, which gives me the advantage of deciding when (or if) to act. Plus, I enjoy talking to people about CCW. Hearing them talk about how dangerous it is, blah, blah, blah. Then, after we have talked for a while, and they have become comforatble around me, I ask them what they would think if they knew they had been sitting less than 5' from a loaded weapon. Most get wide-eyed, then ask what I mean. Then, I can explain to them that CCW isn't so bad after all, and why.

As a former LEO in MS, I always had an issue with how long it took DPS to issue the permits. Seemed ridiculous to me for them to hold out, just cause they could. Arizona process more permits than MS and gets them done in about 10-14 days. It really shouldn't take 45 days, much less 120.

Yeah, im with you on the advantages of CCW. I just dont like my right to open carry to be restricted. Even though I would probably not carry open, its a principle thing to me.

OXCOPS
07-23-2009, 02:19
Funny thing is that even though you can OC here in AZ, I never see anyone doing it. Ever.