Stippiling the RTF? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Stippiling the RTF?

40calPUNISHER
07-22-2009, 19:27
Anyone seen or done one yet. I would really love to get my hands on one and stipple it myself. If you have any pics please post them.

nitrowolf_67
07-23-2009, 07:29
I havent done it yet but hopefully Ill be getting my 22RTF done soon,Im looking into the Bowtie 360 stippling when I get the cash together.

DannyR
07-23-2009, 07:31
Isn't that kind of like checkering checkered grips?

faawrenchbndr
07-23-2009, 07:46
Kinda seems like buying a sheep dog, shaving it , then putting a wig on it! :dunno:

500WE
07-24-2009, 14:54
I'm wondering why anyone would do that?

nitrowolf_67
07-27-2009, 10:56
The rtf grip is very functional.,But firearms are about personal preference.I own 2 Glock 22 RTF's and 1 Glock 17 RTF.Ill be doing one of the 22's in SOUTHWEST SHOOTING AUTHORITIES .."Black Oak" ..stippling.I also plan on having front serrations applied to the front of the slide when I can find a company to replicate the factory Glock "Fish scales"Couple those modifications with my "LONE WOLF" extended ported .357 sig barrel, the slide done in a satin nickel finish,and the Trijicon night sights.As well as the extended slide lock and release,plus the oval mag release mod.And I think Ill have a very nice package.

Its nice to have pistol that can be chambered for the .40 S&W,.357 SIG .,9MM rounds.Just because it was born a "sheepdog" doesnt mean it cant play " WOLF " :cool:

faawrenchbndr
07-27-2009, 17:49
....Just because it was born a "sheepdog" doesnt mean it cant play " WOLF " :cool:

DaYUmn fine point,........:dunno:

40calPUNISHER
03-16-2010, 10:04
Anyone have pics?

cangler
03-16-2010, 22:00
I purchased a G19 RTF hoping I would get used to the spikes, after I noticed the skin coming off my palm, I knew it wouldn't work out. So, I stippled the back and front straps and sanded down the sides a bit. It feels so much better now. I did practice on other plastic before I felt confident enough and found a pattern I liked. I used a cheap soldering iron and made the bit out of a brass screw using a dremel. It worked out, but I may get it redone by a professional... thou it really doesn't look too bad in my opinion. I had to stand it lightly after I was done stippling. I'll try to remember to take a photo... don't expect a masterpiece.

mvician
03-17-2010, 00:29
found this on INGO

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/mvician/GLOCKs/stipple.jpg

Brucev
03-17-2010, 07:04
Last year I saw and bought a G-22RTF. It has been in every respect excellent. I very much prefer the RTF. My hands are not hard as iron. I do not have the grip of Tarzan. I have not noticed that the RTF damages my clothing, etc. That being said, I fully understand how someone might want to customize their pistol. Its been going on since wood and steel were first assembled into a match lock. Some of the non-original features that are now commonly expected in production and custom 1911's found conception in the innovative minds of hobbyist whose efforts to adapt Brownings design to their needs and desires. The same is true of the Glock. The design is simply excellent. Other manufacturers have only been able to copy it and refine it. They have not moved beyond it. Hobbyist's tinkering with it will effect greater advances that will better suit the needs and interest of shooters. May their tribe increase!

cangler
03-17-2010, 18:14
here's my amateur job!

http://i44.tinypic.com/2e0nyg2.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/12492mb.jpg