Glipsc 7-23-09 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glipsc 7-23-09

TreehugginGlock
07-23-2009, 19:36
Tonight was something a bit different. I want to call it Peek-A-Boo Plinking but I might get out-voted on that one. Anyway, we had a wall with 3 windows at different heights. On the target line was a linear arrangement of alternating 4 targets and 3 non-threats. Target, non-threat, target, non-threat, target, non-threat, target. Well, you get the point. Starting in a shooters box with hands at your side, at the beep, advance to one of the windows and fire 2 rounds into each target, mag change and move to the next window, 2 rounds to each target, mag change and move to the final window and 2 rounds again into each target. You would think this is pretty standard stuff for us, but you would not imagine the gremlins at work on the 1911's tonight. I think there were only a handful of us that didn't have a jam, mag issue or, yes, squib (:sigh:).

Mr. Otis Fox donated a prize for tonight's shoot. It was a really nice U.S. Marines fleece blanket. We all thought, of course, that Mr. Haas was going to win since he's usually the fastest and most accurate of us all (yes, I'm jealous), but much to our stunned surprise, he had issues with his gun, too, and Greg Hodges was the winner. :wow: Yes, Greg was even surprised.

Here are the results tonight:

4.273 Greg Hodges G34 :faint:
4.041 John Haas
3.645 Dean Francisco G35 40
2.774 Chris Nelson M&P
2.472 Leigh Ann Jeter G17
2.428 Danny Massey
2.340 Jim Geiger
2.110 Otis Fox SW99-40
1.956 Steve Dunham
1.043 Richard Wanke 45/1911
1.018 Gary Lee
zero'd Tommy Glueck

We hope to have the gremlins eliminated for next week. I, personally, would like to shoot a full scored match with my own gun and no squibs. (working on it) If we can't get them completely out of the range, maybe we can talk them into hanging out in the other bay while we're there. Fingers and toes crossed.

See you all next week. :wavey:

Berretta9
07-23-2009, 19:46
I wasn't that suprised, maybe a little. When John had that malfunction I saw a little daylight. Hell, he still finished second. Thanks to Otis for the prize.

roadforeman
07-24-2009, 06:59
I think someone had a voodoo doll of a 1911 and had a hundred pins in it last night. I brought two 1911s and had issues with both of them. :steamed:

There may also be a doll of a Dillon 550B out there somewhere. :whistling:

Anyway, I give up. Next week I will bring my XDm 40 and maybe my G30. At least when I goof up then, I won't be able to blame it on the gun. :dunno: