Production Legal Glock [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Production Legal Glock

jimbullet
07-25-2009, 12:45
I know this ma have been tackled long ago but, just making sure before I make the mods. Is it okay to add an extended mag release an extended slide lock release, and an extended magazine base pad as long as it fits in the box to retain the glock17 in production div?

batangueno
07-25-2009, 14:30
You can get away with the extended mag and slide releas but the extended basepad is a no no.

cysoto
07-25-2009, 15:50
You can get away with the extended mag and slide releas but the extended basepad is a no no.
I think this used to be the case but the new Production rules allow them as long as the pistol with magazine & basepads fit in the box.

Rule 21.7 (New) Magazines:
Prior restrictions on magazines have been lifted. OEM and aftermarket magazines and base-pads may be used. However, any and all magazines used in competition, must fit into the USPSA box while empty and inserted in the handgun as described in item 7 of this appendix. Grip tape and/or skate board tape are specifically allowed on magazines and base-pads.

Link: http://www.uspsa.org/rules/2009_Production_Rules_Revisions.pdf

batangueno
07-25-2009, 16:24
Hi cysoto, it's only allowed under USPSA rules. OTOH, IPSC rules that basepads that provides additional ammo is prohibited in production division.

cysoto
07-25-2009, 16:27
You are right about that! I didn't notice the OP's location until you pointed that out.

jimbullet
07-25-2009, 23:12
Thanks guys. Thought I could get some base pads to fit in the box...

Appreciate your replies.