South River Gun Club [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : South River Gun Club

mr2trout
07-26-2009, 14:16
Are any of the Georgia Club members at South River Gun Club?

We just joined today.

I looks like a pretty cool range.

keltec2000
07-29-2009, 22:02
I have been a member for about the last two years, I don't go as often as I'd like, but I usually shoot down by the cowboy action range in one of the little dugouts.

I really like the relaxed environment and the fact that you can shoot whatever you want to shoot, as long as it is safe, and the rangemaster doesn't see you blowing up barbie dolls.

But they really just leave you alone down there, which is what I really appreciate, Not only that, but because people pay for their memberships, they tend to clean up better after themselves.

The target prices are a little high, and they do not allow class three weapons. Definately do not bring any fully automatic firearms down there, or they will call the Law on ya(we learned that the hard way).

I hope to see you down there!

mr2trout
07-30-2009, 14:58
We like it tons more than the range at Charlie Elliott. We grew tired of the cowboys there. Most of the folks used the safety rules but some didn't.

At South River, you don't have that problem in the shooting pits.

Maybe we'll run into each other. Look for a white F150 with Trout Unlimited plates.

keltec2000
07-30-2009, 20:46
Cool, I usually ride up in a new red Tacoma with my Dad (a bald guy that looks just like me).

Stay safe and shoot often my friend.