Another NoVA dinner, with slightly more notice :) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Another NoVA dinner, with slightly more notice :)

RedKnightt
07-27-2009, 21:19
OCDILC - Open Carry Dinner In Loudoun County
Carmine's NY Pizza & Subs
MON 8/3/09 7:30PM

Dinner thread: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/29125.html

E-vite: http://www.evite.com/pages/invite/viewInvite.jsp?event=NDOBSHNYZOBJOWYNZVDX&inviteId=JIYLITGCGCGAKIAMGQFO&showPreview=false&x=379369785

Aroooo
07-28-2009, 05:51
Thanks for the heads up. I can't make it though - Crew meeting that evening. Plus with rush hour traffic I'm not sure I could get there in time even if there was no Crew meeting. Keep us posted though!

gtrcivic
07-28-2009, 10:53
How is Loudoun Sheriffs with open carry? Reason i ask is that there is a Tiger Den a few doors down and i'm sure the parents will be dialing 911 when they see us walking to the restaurant.

I live pretty close to the shopping center and should be able to make it.

9mmkungfu
07-28-2009, 11:57
So do we all walk around with name tags that have our screen names on them? :) Just wondering how everyone knows who is who etc..

9mmkungfu
08-03-2009, 07:21
Bump for a reminder in case anyone will be attending. I have a BBQ I promised a friend I would go to, but I'm going to try and make both trips.

Is a visible IWB holster considered open carry?

RedKnightt
08-03-2009, 11:32
We've eaten there more than once and never had the police called on us. We had a dinner at Ted's nearby and a Loudoun County officer and his wife joined us. He was the only one legally allowed to conceal :cool:. Several of our group have had multiple positive interactions with Loudoun officers. They know all about Open Carry and the legality.

I've seen several people carry with an IWB holster with the pistol's grip and upper part of the holster showing with your shirt tucked in behind it. It's nicknamed the "Virginia Tuck" and there have been no reports of anyone hassled for carrying in that manner by the police claiming it was concealed.

We don't bother with name tags or anything usually. Most folks show up a few minutes early and introductions are done all around.

See everyone tonight. I'm easy to pick out: I'm the overweight white guy with a gun :rofl: