But I'm thinking of bringing it kay metrillo and gawin ganito -

https://www.lipseys.com/eImages/SW170210-(A).jpg

Nahihinayang nga lang ako , at all orig pa yung baril
What do you guys think?

And I've never even fired a 22mag before
Nakakamatay ba sya ?

BrassKnuckle
07-28-2009, 08:49
S&W Mdl 51 yan kung blued or nickel, or the stainless version for which I forget the model no.

Rare sa US yan, but for some reason marami dito. Keep it original nalang.

Ganda yan. Pinned barrel and recessed chambers just like in the more desirable S&W revos. Bili ka nalang sa Twin Pines ng Pachmayr grip for a S&W square butt J-frame, solb ka na. Speedloaders are a challenge kasi walang pang S&W .22mag dito. Di naman pwede yung pang .22lr.

It's more deadly than a .32acp, roars louder than a .38spl, and kicks just a little harder than a .22lr.

Allegra
07-28-2009, 09:06
The gun is in great condition
I'm not a fan of modifications kaso mejo jologs ang dating kasi
Bigay lang siya , so pwede ko pa gastusan to make it errr....cooler ?

I bet metrillo can fabricate moonclips

BTw, you can shoot 22lr thru it right?

darwin25
07-28-2009, 09:36
Speedloaders are a challenge kasi walang pang S&W .22mag dito.

Actually there is. The HKS 51J which is the correct HKS model for the J-Frame S&W Model 51 (Model 651 for the stainless steel version). You can also use an HKS 48K which is for the K-Frame S&W Model 48 .22 Magnum

I know this for a fact because I also had a Model 51 revolver which I gave to my sister. I bought the gun from a fellow BOG. I have 3 HKS 48K and 2 HKS 51J speedloaders. Both models work great for the S&W M51 although the HKS 48K is a bit big but works fine nonetheless.

BTW I bought the HKS 48K from Tools Trading 4 years ago and the HKS 51J from Twin Pines just a year ago.

Allegra
07-28-2009, 18:07
Thanks for the info guys :)

adenine
07-28-2009, 19:02
I have one! Exact same model but in 22LR. Blued model sya, also in prestine condition. To bad I sold it to a friend who has a vast collection of Smiths. Nadala ako sa kulit eh.. IMHO, keep it na lang bro. Pagawan mo na lang moon clips like what I did... And yes, you can shoot it with 22LR & short if theres the need too... just my own two cents...:supergrin:

Allegra
07-28-2009, 19:34
I have one! Exact same model but in 22LR. Blued model sya, also in prestine condition. To bad I sold it to a friend who has a vast collection of Smiths. Nadala ako sa kulit eh.. IMHO, keep it na lang bro. Pagawan mo na lang moon clips like what I did... And yes, you can shoot it with 22LR & short if theres the need too... just my own two cents...:supergrin:

almost sold it for 15k , but nagbago isip ko
Thought of turning it into a snubnose hehe buti nalang malayo si metrillo
Just waiting for my license then dalin ko na
Cant make up my mind

adenine
07-28-2009, 20:22
almost sold it for 15k , but nagbago isip ko
Thought of turning it into a snubnose hehe buti nalang malayo si metrillo
Just waiting for my license then dalin ko na
Cant make up my mind

Its up to you bro! Even me pabagu bago isip ko when i sold it. Had second thoughts.. But its a nice collection piece! And a good housegun. Well for a snubie, pwede mo carry.

Ganito bro, I'll check if I still have the extra barrel for that model. Me spare ako original nun in nickel finish. Matagal na kasi could not remember where i kept it. If its still in my vault or naiwan ko sa friend kong gunsmith. Pagnakuha ko, bigay ko na lang sayo, then yun na lang i chop mo for a snubie, keep the original! Sayang eh.

Allegra
07-28-2009, 20:35
Its up to you bro! Even me pabagu bago isip ko when i sold it. Had second thoughts.. But its a nice collection piece! And a good housegun. Well for a snubie, pwede mo carry.

Ganito bro, I'll check if I still have the extra barrel for that model. Me spare ako original nun in nickel finish. Matagal na kasi could not remember where i kept it. If its still in my vault or naiwan ko sa friend kong gunsmith. Pagnakuha ko, bigay ko na lang sayo, then yun na lang i chop mo for a snubie, keep the original! Sayang eh.

Woohoo! Thanx!

adenine
07-28-2009, 20:41
Your welcome bro! I dont have any use for it anyway, hirap maghanap ng ganyan unit these days. I'll check it out pag-uwi ko. Will keep you posted!

BrassKnuckle
07-28-2009, 20:59
I'm not sure if moonclips would work on that gun. If that's indeed a mdl 51 the chambers in the cylinder should be recessed to take the cartridge case heads. No room for the moonclip na.

I also wouldn't shoot .22lr out of any .22wmr gun. There is enough difference in the case dimensions to make a .22lr case a loose fit in a .22wmr chamber and therefore increase the risk of a ruptured case.

Another thing I would NOT do with that gun is to get a light trigger job. I know that the stock trigger pull makes it almost mandatory, but remember that rimfires need a harder whack from the hammer for reliable ignition. Lightening the springs in line with a trigger job could lead to misfires. Ipa polish mo nalang yung action.

Sayang din yan to convert into a snubbie because the shorter barrel will not maximize the benefits of using the magnum cartridge. It's not too bulky naman as it's a J-frame, and the slim 3.5in barrel is not that hard to conceal.

That's a very nice gun.

Django
07-28-2009, 20:59
Not a good idea to fire a 22LR in a 22 WRM chamber.

The 22 LR case will rupture or explode since the 22 WRM chamber is bigger than that of the 22LR.

Not a safe proposition.

You can try their dimensions by inserting a live 22LR bullet in a 22 WRM empty case.

Allegra
07-28-2009, 21:52
ay patay
I thought , I'd get a cheap plinking gun kung pwede ang 22lr
Mahal din pala bala
Ibenta ko na kaya ulit

Anyone know how much ang 22wmr ammo?

edtf
07-28-2009, 22:31
The gun is in great condition
I'm not a fan of modifications kaso mejo jologs ang dating kasi
Bigay lang siya , so pwede ko pa gastusan to make it errr....cooler ?

I bet metrillo can fabricate moonclips

BTw, you can shoot 22lr thru it right?

NOPE!!! iba diameter ng .22 magnum and .22 LR.

Medyo mahal yung .22 Magnum - If I remember it correctly almost the same price of center fire ammo or a bit cheaper

BrassKnuckle
07-28-2009, 22:37

Remington JSP's were selling at P550 or so a box when I got them sometime ago. That's about P11 a pop. I wasn't able to check how much they were during the last gun show.

.22wmr guns are inferior to .22lrs for plinking because of their higher ammo cost and much louder noise. Hindi ganon ka enjoyable.

darwin25
07-28-2009, 22:40
Last I bought 14.00 petots / pop for armscor and 16.00 petots / pop for remington

adenine
07-29-2009, 02:17
I'm not sure if moonclips would work on that gun. If that's indeed a mdl 51 the chambers in the cylinder should be recessed to take the cartridge case heads. No room for the moonclip na..

as far as i can remember the smith made 3 for me, could not show any pics coz its not with me anymore...

I also wouldn't shoot .22lr out of any .22wmr gun. There is enough difference in the case dimensions to make a .22lr case a loose fit in a .22wmr chamber and therefore increase the risk of a ruptured case..

In my experience I did shoot the same model mag22 rev with a .22LR & .22 short ammo. But never tried the .22wmr. It did fine, but not the accuracy though..

Another thing I would NOT do with that gun is to get a light trigger job. I know that the stock trigger pull makes it almost mandatory, but remember that rimfires need a harder whack from the hammer for reliable ignition. Lightening the springs in line with a trigger job could lead to misfires. Ipa polish mo nalang yung action..

This one i believe so...

Sayang din yan to convert into a snubbie because the shorter barrel will not maximize the benefits of using the magnum cartridge. It's not too bulky naman as it's a J-frame, and the slim 3.5in barrel is not that hard to conceal.......

As for the conversion, i too would'nt do it. But every person has their preference... just my honest opinion... peace..:embarassed:

MERCMADE
07-29-2009, 22:22
Someone gave me a SW mag22 revo which looks like this -

http://world.guns.ru/handguns/sw-m15.jpg

Old school ang itsura but in very very good condition

But I'm thinking of bringing it kay metrillo and gawin ganito -

https://www.lipseys.com/eImages/SW170210-(A).jpg

Nahihinayang nga lang ako , at all orig pa yung baril
What do you guys think?

And I've never even fired a 22mag before
Nakakamatay ba sya ?

:rofl:

MERCMADE
07-29-2009, 22:28

adenine
08-01-2009, 16:54
Your welcome bro! I dont have any use for it anyway, hirap maghanap ng ganyan unit these days. I'll check it out pag-uwi ko. Will keep you posted!

Bro as promised, I searched for the barel since yesterday. Could not find it. My wife must have put it elsewhere but she could not remember where it was. Sorry bro, was hoping makuha ko. But I'm glad ung sa 38 model nakuha ko. Meron pa pala. At least I have it for safe keeping again.

Allegra
08-01-2009, 19:31
Bro as promised, I searched for the barel since yesterday. Could not find it. My wife must have put it elsewhere but she cuould not remember where it was. Sorry bro, was hoping makuha ko. But I'm glad ung sa 38 model nakuha ko. Meron pa pala. At least I have it for safe keeping again.

No problem bro
it's the thought that counts :)

9MX
08-01-2009, 20:58
ay patay
I thought , I'd get a cheap plinking gun kung pwede ang 22lr
Mahal din pala bala
Ibenta ko na kaya ulit

1. keep it orig
2. sell it - hindi bagay sayo ang revolver
3. manlibre ka naman sa amin pagkabenta mo:wavey:

genderk
08-01-2009, 21:45
keep it orig bro!...just keep it. It's a good gun...I have exactly the same model (blued). I love it...ino-offeran ako dati for me to sell it for P20t pero hindi ko binenta since I know medyo madarang na ang model. And mine is J-frame. I still have it sa bahay. Was given to me by my dad when I was in college...dala dala ko dati with me of course with PTC.

Walther PPK
08-01-2009, 22:39
If it's M51, itago na lang.

I also have one. Isa lang napansin ko, parang iba yung front sight nung iyo.

Here's mine. S&W M51. Round butt. Flat Latch.Diamond Grip. Yung sa akin di ko alam kung pina chrome na lang. Pero ganda ng pagkagawa kung man pina-chrome.
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f129/riababy18/SW51/SW.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f129/riababy18/SW51/sw8.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f129/riababy18/SW51/sw3.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f129/riababy18/SW51/sw5.jpg

Allegra
08-02-2009, 03:01
Teka , akala ko ba rare yan , eh bakit ang dami nyo meron? :) just kidding

Di kasi ako mahilig sa baril baka masayang sa cabinet if I dont get to shoot it
I was hoping I could shoot it w/ cheap ammo like the 22lr kasi wala reload
Too expensive pang plink

nrmcolt
08-02-2009, 03:32
Master A kung gusto mo, alagaan ko muna siya habang pinag-iisipan mo kung ano gagawin sa kanya, pakakainin ko at paiinumin at may kasamang himas:whistling:
:supergrin:

i_am_infinity
08-02-2009, 08:23
fafa A si Tony O, galing din sa revo...try mo sa kanya...samahan kita tapos bigay mo na lang sakin yang revo as payment hehehehe =)

darwin25
08-02-2009, 09:25
Fafa A,

The S&W Model 51 is not exactly piso isang tumpok, but it is definitely not rare. At least in here in Pinas it's not.

Ang rare dito na .22 Magnum is S&W Model 48 K-frame.

genderk
08-02-2009, 10:10
Actually, ung sa akin bro I was offered to sell it by a known gun collector sa amin (also a friend's dad that has a gunsmithing business as well as reloading)...sya ung nagsabi sa kin na rare un. He has lots of revolvers including cowboy type na may mga ejector pa, long barrel na .45, etc. But my main reason na "keep" ko is because it was my first gun and a gift from my late father. Nandun pa ngayon sa parents house ko sa P.I. I have seen a lot of revolvers here sa US pero hindi ko pa nakita ung exactly pareho nun.

adenine
08-02-2009, 10:27
Sir Allegra, I had the chance to visit my friend and asked regarding the rev I sold him. Mag22 pala un! Sorry for the wrong info.. It was about 5 years ago! I completely forgot! Kala ko 22LR. 22LR kasi panay ginamit ko dun for plinking, sometimes 22 short!:supergrin: Blued finish and K-frame sya.

One unique feature nun na ala sa iba (IMHO, coz I cant see any model like it) ay ung parang safety switch just on top of the hammer. It can be switched "on or off" to activate the firing pin.. Kahit i pull mo trigger when the hammer is activated, di maa activate ng FP.. Will post a pic when he lends it to me anytime soon. I told him i'de take a picture of it. He plans to refinish it by next month. Papagawa din daw kay Metrillo or Col. Bayang....

Allegra
08-02-2009, 18:48
Salamat sa info mga braders
Nais ko man ipatago/pahiram/pamigay/manlibre sa aking kapwa BOGS , I'm sorry pero madamot ako hehe

Ipareblue ko nalang muna. Pag maganda na sya , baka madecide ko kung ano gagawin ko sa kanya :)