Paid memberships [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Paid memberships

Arr6
07-28-2009, 13:42
Just wondering what is the difference between the different membership levels. I might have missed it, but is this discussed somewhere?

FloridaDude
08-04-2009, 04:47
I would like to know what you gain by being a Paid Member - that isn't posted anywhere on this WebSite.

G Twenty Three
08-04-2009, 18:25
It would also be interesting to know how the Contribution "numbered" icons work as well. Anybody?

Jason D
08-08-2009, 18:03
1. Larger avatar.
2. Bigger PM inbox.
3. Able to start, or join/invited into private forums.
4. There is supposed to be a @GlockTalk.com email system coming soon.

5. You get to help keep GT running.

JethroXP
08-17-2009, 21:56
1. Larger avatar.
2. Bigger PM inbox.

But what is the difference between Silver, Gold, and Platinum?

Jason D
09-04-2009, 14:57
But what is the difference between Silver, Gold, and Platinum?

I know the more expensive memberships come with a larger PM box.
I don't know what else they come with though.

Arr6
10-22-2009, 16:05
Does it also give access to the arcade?:whistling:

Jason D
10-22-2009, 16:46
Does it also give access to the arcade?:whistling:

Yes.

I am a lowly Silver, and I have access to it.

RangemasterP226
11-21-2009, 10:45
Funny, a few months ago, I searched this site to see what is gained by being a paid member and I couldn't find it anywhere.....Marketing 101!!!!

I would join if some of the benefits are like on arfcom, like Active Topics for example. Does anyone know??

BuckyP
06-07-2010, 10:38
1. Larger avatar.
2. Bigger PM inbox.

Does joining now using the current GT Lifetime Membership offer receive these benefits?

Jason D
06-07-2010, 15:48
That and much more if you go in now.

From now through Memorial Day, get a GT Knife, GT Lifetime Membership , a $100 Comp-Tac Holsters Gift Certificate & GT Hat for $215

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1217760

BuckyP
06-07-2010, 16:51
That and much more if you go in now.

From now through Memorial Day, get a GT Knife, GT Lifetime Membership , a $100 Comp-Tac Holsters Gift Certificate & GT Hat for $215

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1217760

I actually did the deal they had a month ago, pretty much the same thing minus the knife for $200. I haven't seen the changes yet, but I'm sure the admins have been busy. Just wanted to know what to look forward to.

Thanks. :wavey:

Jason D
06-07-2010, 17:57
You should have noticed almost instantly, or at least within a day.
I would contact either Eric or Mrs VR.

muad
06-07-2010, 19:44
I actually did the deal they had a month ago, pretty much the same thing minus the knife for $200. I haven't seen the changes yet, but I'm sure the admins have been busy. Just wanted to know what to look forward to.

Thanks. :wavey:

I did that deal today for $215. I love this site, and am very excited to get my knife.

However, it better not take a month to kick in. I help run a large forum and website myself, and it takes at the most a minute or two to change a member's account permissions in vB.

I've already shot over a PM to Eric and am awaiting a response. I'd also like to know when to expect my stuff, as the GT gift shop system doesn't give you much information.

BuckyP
06-08-2010, 06:42
I did that deal today for $215. I love this site, and am very excited to get my knife.

However, it better not take a month to kick in. I help run a large forum and website myself, and it takes at the most a minute or two to change a member's account permissions in vB.

I've already shot over a PM to Eric and am awaiting a response. I'd also like to know when to expect my stuff, as the GT gift shop system doesn't give you much information.

I did get the stuff in the mail. BTW: What size PM box do you get as a life member?

muad
06-08-2010, 07:39
I did get the stuff in the mail. BTW: What size PM box do you get as a life member?

So wait. You paid for a LT membership a month ago and your account is still unchanged?

That is not cool at all.

Can we get some feedback from the Mods here please? What's the deal?

muad
06-08-2010, 09:42
Eric updated my account today, so it looks like they are definitely on the ball here. Thanks again, just another reason I love this site.

BuckyP
06-08-2010, 16:13
Eric updated my account today, so it looks like they are definitely on the ball here. Thanks again, just another reason I love this site.

How many PMs does your inbox hold now?

Jason D
06-08-2010, 18:37
I assume the life membership is more, but mine holds 500.

muad
06-08-2010, 21:36
How many PMs does your inbox hold now?

1500 for the LT membership

BuckyP
06-09-2010, 09:02
You should have noticed almost instantly, or at least within a day.
I would contact either Eric or Mrs VR.

Good call. PM'd Eric and was taken care of right away. Just an oversight, not a problem.

:thumbsup:

TRMN8R
06-09-2010, 13:52

You should be. Got my Spyderco about two weeks ago. Nice blade, the GT logo looks great, and I got the exact blade # requested.

Not sure how long it'll take to get back, but I sent the knife to LoneWolf to get my GT user i.d. etched on the other side. Pretty stoked to get it back.

Jason D
06-11-2010, 18:53
Good call. PM'd Eric and was taken care of right away. Just an oversight, not a problem.

:thumbsup:

Sometimes things just happen.
The site is fairly large, and as far as I know there are only a couple people with admin powers. Eric and Mrs VR are the people who can make things happen.

Jager1
06-16-2010, 09:24
Does joining now using the current GT Lifetime Membership offer receive these benefits?

I just received my package (it took a few weeks) and the GlockTalk hat is impressively embroidered and well done, as is the knife with the logo. It's a smoking deal - and I'm glad to help in supporting the site.

I also am unable to locate what specific benefits the various tiers or lifetime membership confer upon the subscriber. I sent two E-mails during the subscription process and haven't received an answer yet. I haven't really checked on any particular aspects of my account status - but I know my user name changed font and color!

BTW, Thank's, Eric, for the great job you do for the community.

Edited to add - My account seems to be updated. PM count went up significantly.

I've also received an encrypted map with directions to the secret clubhouse, instruction on the secret handshake, requirements of double secret probation, an invitation to the studio where they filmed the actual moon landing, a pass good for one tour of Area 51, a glimpse at BHO's birth certificate and an H1N1 vaccination package good for the entire family.:quiet:

TECH51
06-24-2010, 12:46
I'd like to become a paid member but no one will answer my PMs. As stated I can only pay with a check or money order. (but no answers) And BTW I think people who sale a lot of the "new" firearms, etc, etc should have to be a paid member.....

Jason D
06-24-2010, 14:47
If you prefer to pay by check/money order, please go to the Glock Talk shopping cart and purchase the membership there. Here is a link: http://shop.glocktalk.com/index.php?cPath=13. If paying by check, complete the checkout process and choose 'Check/Money Order' as your payment option. When you are done checking out, you will see a mailing address for the payment. Please print out your receipt page and mail it in with your check/money order. ALSO: Please be sure to include your GT user name in the comments section.

Arr6
09-12-2010, 15:38
is the gt email up?

Dalton Wayne
09-12-2010, 15:43
is the gt email up?

Not yet I'm patiently awaiting for the e-mail

RottnJP
09-17-2010, 05:49
Somehow I missed this... In the linked thread it says that package 1 will be available until the certificates and knives run out... Have they run out, or can I still hop on this great deal?

RottnJP
09-21-2010, 07:14
So, I found the link to buy this offer, still, and did so over the weekend...

So, how long should I expect it to take to be activated? :wavey:

Thanks!!

-JP

MrSmoofy
09-21-2010, 10:22
So, I found the link to buy this offer, still, and did so over the weekend...

So, how long should I expect it to take to be activated? :wavey:

Thanks!!

-JP

I've been wondering this myself, also who do we report problems to I've found about a dozen links that don't work.

Dalton Wayne
09-21-2010, 11:10
Report problems to MrsVR

MrSmoofy
09-21-2010, 11:21
Report problems to MrsVR

The following users were not found:

MrsVR

TRMN8R
09-21-2010, 11:37
The following users were not found:

MrsVR

Then try Mrs. VR . Should come up for you.

MrSmoofy
09-21-2010, 11:39
Then try Mrs. VR . Should come up for you.

Thanks, I thought I tried that but it worked.

Tried also buying a membership but everytime I try to pay I get a paypal error but it doesn't really say if it's an error with my account or the account I'm trying to pay, just says to check back in 30 minutes which I did and it doesn't go through so not sure what the deal is with buying memberships.

RottnJP
09-26-2010, 21:29
Can anyone on here look into this for me? I made the purchase last Sunday, order number 2254. Still says status is "pending"

I've messaged Mrs. VR and Eric, but haven't heard anything back... I'm curious if there was a problem with the transaction? I'd like to at least hear if the purchase worked fine and it's in process, or something went wrong.

Thanks,

MrSmoofy
09-27-2010, 05:26
I tried making a purchase as well, every time I went to pay PayPal would tell me to check back in 30min to see if the transaction went through but it had not so I'd try again and nothing tried 5 times and gave up and sent an PM to Eric but have not heard anything.

RottnJP
09-27-2010, 06:23
Hmm. On my paypal it says "paid" for me. So it looks like it should have worked.... But when I check the order status link above, it says pending... :dunno:

Be nice to get a quick confirmation one way or the other... :whistling:

:wavey:

kd4lzk
10-03-2010, 16:21
Followed the link above to the Memorial Day special and it still worked. Got the knife, holster certificate, and hat for $215. Now I just gotta figure out all the benefits. Hopefully Eric will get my account updated today.:woohoo:

MrSmoofy
10-03-2010, 16:23
I still can't get my payment to go through, PayPal says to wait 30 min every time I try to pay.

RottnJP
10-03-2010, 21:25
Followed the link above to the Memorial Day special and it still worked. Got the knife, holster certificate, and hat for $215. Now I just gotta figure out all the benefits. Hopefully Eric will get my account updated today.:woohoo:

Do me a favor and post up when yours is updated- I'm still waiting for mine to be and I paid a couple weeks ago... :whistling:

kd4lzk
10-07-2010, 10:34
:woohoo:Activated Transaction completed. I are now a Lifetime Member. Now if I can figure out the correct way/order to do things here I'll be fine.

Thanks Eric:yourock:

AZ Husker
11-02-2010, 22:11
My PayPal transaction went through immediately. Now what?

Jason D
11-03-2010, 15:31
If your status hasn't changed in a couple days, contact Mrs VR

MrSmoofy
11-03-2010, 15:50
Who do you contact when you can't get the payment to go through? I've posted questions in the "Support" forum that have been there a month. Mrs. VR said she couldn't help me with my issues.

AZ Husker
11-04-2010, 21:03
I thought my payment went through, but I got a note from PayPal today stating that the money had not been collected and suggested I cancel the transaction. I tried!

Jason D
11-05-2010, 15:29
That would be Eric I guess.
He is the great overseer.

bluenoise
12-10-2010, 13:39
I'm still trying to find the answer to the original question: What is the difference between the various tiers of membership, other than cost?

MrSmoofy
12-10-2010, 13:41
I'm still trying to find the answer to the original question: What is the difference between the various tiers of membership, other than cost?

Good luck, I posted questions in the QT Support forum that have been there for months with no answers. I took the money I was going to spend here and used it towards another gun purchase.

Jason D
12-10-2010, 15:47
As far as I know it's a larger inbox for your PM's, and a colored membership title next to your name.

bluenoise
12-10-2010, 16:52
As far as I know it's a larger inbox for your PM's, and a colored membership title next to your name.

Does each tier get a different size of PM box? Is that the only difference, besides color?

Will-21
12-15-2010, 21:27
I paid for my second Silver Membership out of fairness. I have bought and sold a few weapons here and it's the right thing to do to pay our share.

That being said; larger PM box? Hell, I get unlimited gmail and don't pay a thing. The "benefits" are rather superfluous.

Angry Fist
12-15-2010, 21:34
I know for a fact that Platinum members have a benefit no one else has.... :)

Jason D
12-16-2010, 17:34
Does each tier get a different size of PM box? Is that the only difference, besides color?

Mine is only Silver so I get 500 messages.
I also get the larger avatar.

I assume the other tiers have larger in boxes.
I don't know exactly what else they have for sure.

Mayhaps someone will chime in with that info.

Angry Fist
12-16-2010, 18:14
Lifers PM box holds 1500. Other than that, IDK.

GaleForce
12-19-2010, 01:24
Can paid members turn ads off? I kind of feel like I'm cheating by running AdBlock but by turning them off the site runs faster, even with a very fast cable connection.

Harvick
12-19-2010, 11:53
I paid for a Silver paid membership over six weeks ago. Nothing was ever upgraded.... what gives?:dunno:

Jason D
12-19-2010, 15:50
Can paid members turn ads off? I kind of feel like I'm cheating by running AdBlock but by turning them off the site runs faster, even with a very fast cable connection.

The pop up one is blocked.
The rest are fully visible.
I just added adblock to Opera, but haven't configured it yet.

I paid for a Silver paid membership over six weeks ago. Nothing was ever upgraded.... what gives?:dunno:

Contact Mrs VR.

BernieHolster
12-28-2010, 08:19
Hi Guys,

I've emailed a few times now and have not heard back. About a week and a half ago I decided to become a sponsor and paid my $30 membership fee via PayPal online to present my wares to GT members and I still cannot gain access to the section. It's telling me I do not have proper permissions.

I don't mind things taking a bit with the holidays and what not but I bought a one month membership and I assume my clock started ticking a week and a half ago but I still can't access the service. Before I know it my month will have expired without gaining access to the showcase.

Please PM me or email or something to let me know how I access whatever it is I paid for.

Thanks.

Phil
Bernie holster

BernieHolster, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Jason D
12-28-2010, 18:01
Eric is always busy and Mrs Vr has been lately as well.
http://glocktalk.com/forums/member.php?u=33863

She is on almost everyday though.
When you need to get the doody done, Sharon is the one to contact.
I would assume your membership would start as soon it's activated.

BernieHolster
12-28-2010, 18:37
Eric is always busy and Mrs Vr has been lately as well.
http://glocktalk.com/forums/member.php?u=33863

She is on almost everyday though.
When you need to get the doody done, Sharon is the one to contact.
I would assume your membership would start as soon it's activated.

Thanks Jason,

Eric fired up my subscription this afternoon. I'm all set.

Thanks.

Jason D
12-28-2010, 19:48
Good then.
I'm glad that was solved.

Rabbi
12-30-2010, 22:27
Under our usernames, why do some people have their membership level displayed and others do not?

BuckyP
12-31-2010, 05:56
Under our usernames, why do some people have their membership level displayed and others do not?

If you add a custom user title, it overwrites the membership tag. If you clear the "The Bombdiggity", it should display your membership.

Rabbi
12-31-2010, 17:52
If you add a custom user title, it overwrites the membership tag. If you clear the "The Bombdiggity", it should display your membership.

Some folks seem to have both a supporter level and a custom user title.

Look at Jason D he has both:

Silver Membership
IronCheney GFY

BuckyP
12-31-2010, 18:33
Some folks seem to have both a supporter level and a custom user title.

Look at Jason D he has both:

Silver Membership
IronCheney GFY

Good point, didn't realize that. I know I had a custom user title and it removed the membership info. I removed it to display membership (as I see you did as well). :dunno:

Angry Fist
12-31-2010, 18:47
Why is that?

Jason D
12-31-2010, 19:19
That is odd.
I sure can't explain it.

hi-power man
01-03-2011, 19:36
I support the forum because I find a lot of good information and entertainment here.

streakpi
01-11-2011, 08:57
Just upgraded to Silver. Great forum and plenty of reasons to support it!

MrSmoofy
01-11-2011, 09:01
Just upgraded to Silver. Great forum and plenty of reasons to support it!

I would partially disagree, although it is a great place to ask questions and most of the members post some great stuff, the staff here that runs it is worthless.

I've been waiting for someone for months to respond to issues and questions I have and no one ever does. When I try to pay via PayPal it always gives me an error, I've sent emails and posted in the support forum and never get a reply. The the Ad's just get worse and worse and are so invading and cover things up when your trying to read them and make the site so slow it's a a real headache.

As a paid member to the ad's go away? I've tried becomeing one but as I said PayPal doesn't work and no one responds. Maybe that's good as I feel that if I paid I'd never get what I paid for anyways.