AR15's [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : AR15's

Arr6
07-28-2009, 16:20
I called my local range asking about Colt ARs and was told they are illegal in cook county, but the bushmasters, S&W etc are ok. Whats the difference, the colt is only semi auto, not full or select auto.

I live in lake county, but the range I go to (Maxons) is in cook county.

metro273
08-02-2009, 21:08
I just went to Maxon today!

alwaysready
08-03-2009, 14:06
i know a year or 2 ago cook passed a law about semi auto rifles but dont know the specifics

maybe someone from the area that knows more will chime in

why a stay as far away from cook county as i can

as400guy1
08-03-2009, 17:54
My impression was that any AW was banned.

MakeMineA10mm
08-04-2009, 16:11
why a stay as far away from cook county as i can
:agree:
I can think of a couple dozen more reasons, too...

acman
08-04-2009, 17:09
only difference in a colt semi auto and the rest of those is the superior quality of the colt. he is probably extremely misinformed.

Arr6
08-07-2009, 09:54
Upon further research I was told that the Colt specifically was banned because it is called the 'AR-15' as opposed to the Bushmaster which is called XM15E2s and the S&W which is the M&P15.

I guess its just terminology since the 'AR-15' is banned but something that looks like an AR but not called 'AR-15' is ok.....:upeyes:

RandyK
08-27-2009, 23:49
I think the shorter carbine (commando?) version version is illegal for citizens, but not law enforcement. I know my brother carries one on raids, mostly in Cook County. I'll have to ask him.

RandyK
08-31-2009, 21:45
I called my local range asking about Colt ARs and was told they are illegal in cook county, but the bushmasters, S&W etc are ok. Whats the difference, the colt is only semi auto, not full or select auto.

I live in lake county, but the range I go to (Maxons) is in cook county.

Unfortunately the local range is correct, but this is true ONLY for Cook County. :steamed: The ISRA did an analysis (http://www.isra.org/legislation/cook_county_awb.shtml)on this and there's a link to the ordinance in the article. The ordiance has a complete list of all banned "assult" weapons. Sorry for the bad news. Cook County sucks!:rant:

I'm going to shoot in Will County over the Labor Day weekend where I don't have to put up with the additional nonsense.