Most hideous glock ever? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Most hideous glock ever?

Kolat
07-30-2009, 23:34
I ended up with 2 deer tags, one buck, one doe, so I decided my goal for this year will be to take a doe with my G20 since my cousin took a deer last year with his 1911, but it took him 3 shots. So here's some semi gun pron for your pleasure.

Got the scope on it and found a holster that fits it, looks like I'm going bandolier.

I got a AWESOME deal on the scope otherwise it would'nt be a camo one, but if the price is right, fookit.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b294/Qolat/gunz/IMG00122-20090730-1731-1.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b294/Qolat/gunz/IMG00128-20090730-1943.jpg
T

Ol Timer
07-30-2009, 23:40
I hope that scope makes you a better shot than your cousin.

Targettarget
07-30-2009, 23:51
Yep, you win.

tadbart
07-30-2009, 23:53
fugly.

but good luck hunting!

and by the way, that shirt you're wearing under the holster- pretty bad too. and how do you keep the rig from flapping around, with just that one strap? where does it connect? did you just have it unfastened for the picture?

Critias
07-30-2009, 23:57
I don't want to be a wet blanket, but hopefully you'll hit well enough that a deer won't have to go down, hurting, due to a desire to one-up your cousin. I've got nothing at all against hunters, but please do so responsibly and be sure of your shot. Put your target down as quickly and painlessly as possible.

paperpunch
07-31-2009, 00:00
The mount looks like it's on backwards. How will the shell eject? Can you flip the mount so you can pull a follow up shot if needed? My old The Accessories mount sits on the left side of the gun

HollowHead
07-31-2009, 00:07
I hope that scope makes you a better shot than your cousin.

Agreed. Anyone who needs three shots to harvest a game animal has chosen both the wrong firearm and hobby. HH

Kolat
07-31-2009, 00:13
The mount looks like it's on backwards. How will the shell eject? Can you flip the mount so you can pull a follow up shot if needed? My old The Accessories mount sits on the left side of the gun

Yea it'll eject, it ends up pretty much flush with the face of the barrel so when the slide goes back it kicks the brass out good.

T

paperpunch
07-31-2009, 00:18
Yea it'll eject, it ends up pretty much flush with the face of the barrel so when the slide goes back it kicks the brass out good.

T

Gottcha, just looks real tight.

ssax
07-31-2009, 00:29
Gottcha, just looks real tight.

The slide moves backwards. I understand now too. :) I saw that a while ago and thought somehow it went through that little slot in the mount. Imanidjut.

glock19_fan
07-31-2009, 00:41
Hmmm, this was posted by another infamous GT member a few weeks back... :whistling::whistling:

deadday
07-31-2009, 00:48
I don't want to be a wet blanket, but hopefully you'll hit well enough that a deer won't have to go down, hurting, due to a desire to one-up your cousin. I've got nothing at all against hunters, but please do so responsibly and be sure of your shot. Put your target down as quickly and painlessly as possible.

....what he said...

ssax
07-31-2009, 00:53
Hmmm, this was posted by another infamous GT member a few weeks back... :whistling::whistling:

:rofl: Mr. gpracer's hummer glock. He will never forget it... or should I say... we will never let him forget it.

Regular Joe
07-31-2009, 02:15
Another vote for gpracers Humming Glock. This scoped thing is pretty grotesque though. I should hope that the shooter is careful in his load selection. Check this: http://www.ballisticsbytheinch.com/10mm.html and see that performance is acceptable for deer hunting with only a couple of loads. I would be trying to equal the Cor-Bon or Buffalo Bore loads.
Why a scope? I've always believed that handgun hunting should be limited to about the same ranges as bow hunting, with much the same techniques. Even when I had a Ruger Super Redhawk with a 9" barrel and a 5x Burris mounted, I held to a max. range of 50 yards for game. Open sites make that just as feasible, much more reliable, and altogether more sensible, on a G-20.
I do like your thinking with the compensator beyond the muzzle, rather than behind, so you get the full ballistic advantage of your barrel length.

Glock20 10mm
07-31-2009, 08:37
i don't want to be a wet blanket, but hopefully you'll hit well enough that a deer won't have to go down, hurting, due to a desire to one-up your cousin. I've got nothing at all against hunters, but please do so responsibly and be sure of your shot. Put your target down as quickly and painlessly as possible.

+1,000

G36's Rule
07-31-2009, 08:43
Agreed. Anyone who needs three shots to harvest a game animal has chosen both the wrong firearm and hobby. HH

So I take it you don't have a clue about hunting or actually killing animals then...

WileyG27
07-31-2009, 08:48

That's what they use the scope for, more precise targeting = quicker, merciful death. That, and you don't have to follow a bloodtrail for 3 miles waiting on it to finally die.

I hate when supper runs off....

Kolat
07-31-2009, 14:55

As nice as it is to shoot a deer and have it run over to your truck and lay down so that you can shoot it again and kill it, I've found that it's 50/50 that the other option is that they run 10 times as far off into the woods into an area that is densely timbered, it's just not worth the chance of extra work. And fyi I prefer the archery kill zone shot with a rifle over the shoulder shot that a lot of people take with a rifle. It ruins less meat, and the internal bleeding into the chest cavity makes the meat taste better.

T