Which barrel? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Which barrel?

GSSF17
08-02-2009, 11:40
Hey all-

I am considering barrels for my latest 10/22 build. I have a friend who has a never-been-fired Adams and Bennet blued 20 inch heavy barrel for sale a good price (told me 80 bucks). I have compared many barrels in the past, but have no experience with the Adams and Bennet.

I heard they were made by Green mountain? Any truth to that?

Just soliciting your thoughts and any experience with the Adams and Bennet barrel.......

thanks in advance.

Be safe.

lwt210
08-02-2009, 11:47
I have read several places that they are indeed made by Green Mountain. I have no way of verifying that though.

I have an Adams and Bennet on my 10/22 and get outstanding performance out of it. I have noticed that the accuracy gets worse if I don't clean it after several hundred rounds.

I have learned to take along a boresnake and give it a light cleaning while at the range.

Mine is the 18 inch blued model. I have had nothing but good service out of that barrel.

GSSF17
08-02-2009, 12:44
Thanks for the info-

Again, I would love to clarify if Green Mountain makes the Adams and Bennet Barrels. I wonder why this is such a mystery.........

Heck, for the 80 bucks, I may try it just cause I can't stand it.

Keep any suggestions/points coming!

FLAGLOCK19
08-10-2009, 21:13
If your looking to go light but keep the .920 diameter may I suggest a Tactical Solutions. I custom built both my 10/22 and my Ruger Mark III 22/45 and man are they dead on. I can post pics or help you build if you like. Really simple to do.

GSSF17
08-11-2009, 14:39
Thanks. For now, I ended up with and Adams and Bennet 18 inch, .920 diameter blued. I got it really cheap, honestly.

I have heard rave reviews about the Tactical Solutions barrels, just like you said. That'll probablly be on the list of the next build. I can see this getting addicting. :whistling:

FLAGLOCK19
08-11-2009, 14:55
I don't know if Green Mountain is a subsidiary of Battenfeld Technologies, Inc. or the other way around but when I Googled it Battenfeld Tech is what I got. They are good barrels at a ready good price, They list for $100 -150 and change direct from the website. The Tactical Solutions are awesome barrels but by far not cheap but a ton of fun post some pics when you complete your build. cheers

Blinkster
01-09-2010, 15:00
If your looking to go light but keep the .920 diameter may I suggest a Tactical Solutions. I custom built both my 10/22 and my Ruger Mark III 22/45 and man are they dead on. I can post pics or help you build if you like. Really simple to do.
I have a T/S barrel for my Mark II. I am having awful problems with failures to feed. I have to bump the bolt forward every once in a while. Are you having any issues like that?

Clem Eastwood
01-09-2010, 16:06
id use Clark or Shilen. Both have top quality barrels and any problems are just a phone call away. Jim Clark Jr. is a hell of a nice guy and Doug Shilen is a family friend so wouldnt hesitate to use either one. my Clark gun is perfection, and when my Rem 700P needs a barrel Im gonna take it down to Doug's place.