M&P 9mm Pro in second IDPA match [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : M&P 9mm Pro in second IDPA match

BigMatt
08-02-2009, 12:49
Well other then the rain yesterday was tons of fun. I shot my second IDPA match and used my brand new S&W M&P 9mm Pro. a few thoughts.... I really like the gun as a whole accuracy was exceptional most of my two shot groups were less then 2 inches I thought this was good being "on the clock" my times were relatively competitive I would say I was around middle of the pack, which I dont think is to bad for only being my second time shooting in an organized setting. The gun functioned FLAWLESSY with around 100 rounds downrange in HORRIBLE conditions. I am still getting used to all the rules of IDPA and had a couple of procedural penalties. Almost got a FTDR for "Airgunning" Who knew. All in All I think it is safe to say I am HOOKED!!! and I am amazed I never knew how many matches were available withing such a close distance of me. Their are litterally three a month in my home town and several others within an hour or two. I also put a few rounds down range with my new G17 and look forward to doing some work with my g17L when it arrives.

bac1023
08-10-2009, 19:18
Glad to hear. :)

G33
08-10-2009, 19:55
:supergrin::supergrin:

R.TOKER
08-10-2009, 20:56
I don't think the G17L will fit in the "IDPA box". Thus, Glock came out with the G34/35 models. FWIW. I love my M&P9 much more than any Glock I have!! Good shooting!

BigMatt
08-10-2009, 21:01
The matches I have been shooting at ar not sanctioned I think they will let me use the 17L there are a few folks there that shoot a 1911 with a 22 conversion

MSgt Dotson
08-12-2009, 09:12
@irgunning is procedure error (3 points/One.Five sec), not @s dr@stic comp@red to the FTDR.....

waktasz
02-13-2010, 14:33
@irgunning is procedure error (3 points/One.Five sec), not @s dr@stic comp@red to the FTDR.....

fyi, I sell discount keyboards and PC accessories. :tongueout:

oops, just realized I pulled this thread back from the dead. Been searching around for M&P threads, didn't realize how old this one was.

clipper100
02-13-2010, 17:08
I am a new shooter in IDPA.

I chucked my Glock 17RTF for the M&P 9 Pro Series.

Trigger pull is perfect and the M&P more accurate and comfortable to draw and acquire.

garand4life
02-13-2010, 18:19
AWESOME! I am debating working my M&P40 full size into a IDPA/USPSA service pistol gun.

Linux3
02-14-2010, 17:43
I shoot IDPA and USPSA with a M&P 9 Pro. Great gun.

The rules between IPDA and USPSA are so different I understand that problems arise.

Air gunning.... Who knew. I like IDPA because I think using cover and such is very good practice. I like USPSA because usually the distances are greater.

Glad you are having fun. The whole point of the thing.

Two Guns
02-14-2010, 20:07
Great to hear how nice it is.I would love to get one when I get the $

MSgt Dotson
02-18-2010, 05:32
Air gunning.... Who knew. .

I think airgunning looks rather gay, even though routine in uspsa....

But then I'm no Todd Jarrett either...

Linux3
02-18-2010, 12:18
I think airgunning looks rather gay, even though routine in uspsa....
But then I'm no Todd Jarrett either...
I understand, Mr. Charles never gave me a chance to air gun. lol.

But, I shoot Production 10 and in USPSA you can drop a loaded mag so air gunning is helpful to plan reloads. With only 10 rounds per, efficient mag changes are a real time saver and all part of the game.

Todd Jarrett with the flu and his right foot in a bucket of cement would still clean my clock. But would he have as much fun?