+1 to the Good Guys! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : +1 to the Good Guys!

m1garande
08-02-2009, 23:19
Another one to the Good Guys!

Orlando Sentinel story about Ocoee dude that shot and killed a would be robber Saturday. (http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-bk-death-investigation-orange-072509,0,5201621.story)

An Orlando man turned the tables on two men he thought planned to rob him early Saturday, shooting one dead and holding the other for authorities, deputies said.

Miguel Jimenez, 56, told deputies he noticed two men waiting near his apartment at the Villa Tuscany complex on Sherwood Terrace Drive in west Orange County as he arrived home a little after midnight.

As he walked toward his apartment, one of the men pointed a handgun at Jimenez, who drew his own gun and fired, striking and killing Andri Benjamin, 18, who dropped his gun when he fell.

The second man approached Jimenez, who held him at gunpoint until deputies arrived. He was not arrested.

Neighbors said they heard two or three gunshots. One couple said they opened their door and saw a man lying in a pool of blood with another man standing over him holding a gun. They applauded Jimenez's actions but said they now feel uneasy about living at the complex.

Investigators plan to forward information on the shooting to the Sheriff's Office, but so far they don't think Jimenez did anything wrong. He has a concealed-weapons permit, they said.

"At this point, we believe he acted within the law," said Capt. Angelo Nieves, a sheriff's spokesman.

packinaglock
08-03-2009, 07:14
I really enjoy these stories :supergrin:

U-phorik407
08-03-2009, 13:05
Me too! When are the criminals going to learn that more and more people are tired of putting up with this kind of crap and aren't going to take it anymore!

Jon_R
08-05-2009, 16:04
Neighbors said they heard two or three gunshots. One couple said they opened their door and saw a man lying in a pool of blood with another man standing over him holding a gun. They applauded Jimenez's actions but said they now feel uneasy about living at the complex.

I bet that complex is safer now then it was. Any bad guy who reads the paper or hears about the incident I bet picks a different place to go.

It looks like it worked as it should under FL law. No evidence he did anything wrong so take his statement and send him on his way.

I wish I could have seen the look on the face of the bad guy with the gun when the good guy drew his pistol. It must have uh oh I think I picked the wrong guy.....

FlaChef
08-06-2009, 12:55
What Ayoob calls "a fatal error in victim selection".

Why was the second dude not charged with anything? Also I hope the shooter can avoid any kind of retaliation. i always wonder how often that happens (i know it does sometimes).

Jon_R
08-06-2009, 12:58
Generally I think bad guys really only care about themselves and want things as easy as possible. I doubt there are to many cases where friends of the dead guy decide to go after someone they know is armed and has some decent skills. I think that is mostly reserved for movies.

FlaChef
08-06-2009, 13:00
Generally I think bad guys really only care about themselves and want things as easy as possible. I doubt there are to many cases where friends of the dead guy decide to go after someone they know is armed and has some decent skills. I think that is mostly reserved for movies.

it has happened. I recall a recent WPB case where the scumbag ended up being a higher up in a local gang. They burned down the dudes house while he was in jail awaiting trial (which he eventually won).

Jon_R
08-11-2009, 13:16
it has happened. I recall a recent WPB case where the scumbag ended up being a higher up in a local gang. They burned down the dudes house while he was in jail awaiting trial (which he eventually won).

I am sure it happens some just not very often is my guess. It would be a hard thing to track. They might like the fact they have less competition in the area.

I wonder the circumstances that put the guy in Jail given the FL Laws that seem to give the benifet of the doubt to the shooter in a defensive shooting.

Evela
08-28-2009, 10:31
I really enjoy these stories :supergrin:

Gee, how cute. What fun reading about someone having to kill another human being. Don't get me wrong, I'm TOTALLY in favor of the 2nd amendment, but the taking of human life - however justified - is never a cause for smug celebration. Indeed, it is attitudes like this that hurt our cause.

The honest truth is that it is a sad day for all concerned.

FlaChef
08-28-2009, 19:33
The honest truth is that it is a sad day for all concerned.

Yes, it is. However it is better than reading about an unsolved homicide where a law abiding civilian was murdered in cold blood by some whacked out on something for his possessions.
It was the two thugs who pulled the gun and initiated a lethal force level encounter. I am sure the shooter who had to defend himself will show all the classic post traumatic stress syndrome symptoms. I hope he gets some qualified help with that too. If anything we are all just glad he is alive to do it, as those of us who carry do realize it could be any of us.
The +1 is merely a "at least if someone had to get hurt it was the bad guys" I can almost guarantee you the one who got away/ got off will not be doing anything like this again.