I'm finally getting some fishing in! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I'm finally getting some fishing in!

Dennis in MA
08-03-2009, 07:50
Spent 4 hours floating down the Nemasket River near my house on Sat evening. Oh man that was nice. 2 guys, a canoe, a few lures on a couple of rods just chucking stuff out.

We both tied into one big bass each - both lost em. We were so weed-conscious, we had the tip of the hook not really protruding at all with our rubber frogs. (A good bait - never used em before.) After we figured it out, not one more bass bite the rest of the night. :(

Funny was this HUGE (well, huge for a marshy river area) crash in the weeds. The Nemasket is well over it's normal summer banks and the wild rice and other weed fields are flooded.

So there's this hole in teh weeds about 3' in from the water. My buddy, ever the adventurer (and thankfully in FRONT of the canoe - I don't need him driving) says, "We have GOT to go see what that is. Eitehr the biggest fish or biggest frog we've ever seen."

So we turn the canoe, head dead for it. He's leaning OVER the bow of the canoe. All of a sudden, my strokes make the canoe part the reeds and weeds and he's on top of. . .

A TOTALLY SHOCKED MUSCRAT!

Oh man. He fell back into the boat and I started reverse-paddling to get him out of there. What a riot. He almost died of a heart attack. He wouldn't listen when I was trying to tell him that it could be a mammalian crash he heard before we turned the boat.

On our trip back up-stream we saw him swimmin in the river. That was cool too.

Our total take was 2 perch and a sunfish. Eh. But 4 hours of fishing went by in a blink. Good times.

mossy500camo
08-14-2009, 16:45
lol! Great story and even better memories!