NEW GLOCK model 22 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : NEW GLOCK model 22

Hi Ball
08-03-2009, 11:20
Well all you GLOCKERS, just wanted to comment about another one of my poly-glocks. Today we took the brand spanking new Glock 22 (40 caliber Smith & Wesson) for a test run. This pistol is a real pleasure to shoot and is a tad more accurate than my 10mm model 29 caliber.

We blew 150 rounds through the gun for breakin purposes and it just kept getting tighter and tighter with the groups fired at 10 ft, 16ft and 21ft. It was clover leafing groups at 21ft. Now after the 150 rounds, I deceided to field strip and clean the pistol. The ammo used was Blazer in the 165 grain FMJ bullets.

I set up pie plate targets at 21ft for starters and then we moved back to 30ft, 45ft and 60ft. All was very good in the accuracy department, shooting using both hands without any support. This model 22 Glock printed groups of around 3 to 4 inches at 45 and 60 ft.

I found the night sights not as easy to use, compared to the factory Glock sights in the daylight. However, this is a minor adjustment for most people I suppose. All in all, it is a keeper.