flashlights question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : flashlights question

jundeleon
08-03-2009, 23:27
What type of flashlights do law enforcement personnel use in the US and other countries as standard equipment?

How about military personnel?

foxyyy
08-04-2009, 07:50
i think most used surefire..kinda expensive though

whoflungdo
08-04-2009, 08:13
What type of flashlights do law enforcement personnel use in the US and other countries as standard equipment?

Most of the deputies I work with carry either a Streamlight or a Pelican. Several have Surefire's, Fenix, etc. as a backup light. By far, most have the Streamlight rechargeable LED's.

I carry the Streamlight Stinger DS LED. I have a small Fenix on my belt as a backup. I have a Surefire G2 with and LED conversion and rechargeable batteries in my duty bag.

I like all three brands. I probably would not have bought the Streamlight if I had found the Fenix brand before I bought the Stinger. Fenix makes some great lights at an economical price.

You may want to post this in Coptalk to get additional feedback.

jerrytrini
08-04-2009, 21:02

It has two modes. The first click is a steady super bright white beam, the second is a strobe. The attached photo was copied from the Streamlight website. A little pricey but what the heck, my department paid for it. A good thing about this is it has a car charger.

lytningfox
08-04-2009, 21:24
Here in Philippines, the issued flashlight of the Presidential Security Group is Fenix L2D Q5 CE but there are few who uses Surefire G2 and 6P/6P Defender.

Black_SIR
08-05-2009, 19:52
surefire!!! ftw:faint:

presidingglock
08-06-2009, 01:53
Does anybody know where I can buy a led conversion for my g2? Sorry for not staying within the topic. Thanks

cebuboy
08-06-2009, 06:08
SOE has them.

whoflungdo
08-06-2009, 07:12
Does anybody know where I can buy a led conversion for my g2? Sorry for not staying within the topic. Thanks

I bought one from a member here. It is not the Surefire brand. However, it has different brightness levels, SOS, and a Strobe feature. I have not heard anything negative about this guy or his product from anyone that has purchased one.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1083803

presidingglock
08-06-2009, 18:53
thanks cebuboy and whoflungdo, but I'm located in the Phils.

whoflungdo
08-07-2009, 09:39
thanks cebuboy and whoflungdo, but I'm located in the Phils.

I'm sure you can find them online and have them shipped there. Do a google search on LED Replacement for SureFire G2. I would bet there are some available for shipping to you.

I really like all 3 of my lights. You won't go wrong with any of the streamlight's, Fenix. or SureFires. Just be sure and get a lot of batteries if you do not get a rechargeable.

presidingglock
08-07-2009, 18:17
Will do thanks again