Field testing of LaRue Tactical... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Field testing of LaRue Tactical...

Zombie Steve
08-06-2009, 08:12
...beverage entry tool :

http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/catalog/P1011962.JPG

A friend just got a few things from them, and apparently they threw this in on the order.

Well, he gave it to me last night while we were working on his house. I thought I'd write up a review. I decided to try it on several types of beer bottles and cans to give you a complete report. :whistling:

The first thing that struck me is the heft and quality of the design. When you first pick it up, you know this is a serious tool. It has a good parkerized finish, and the combination of these two features lets you know they understand how an operator wants his beer opened.

It functioned exactly as advertised. When you put this rear leg under a bottlecap, there is total purchase. It grabs that cap like no opener I've ever used. This is not some wimpy opener you get in a hotel room that you need to take 3 or 4 tries to get to your barley pop. The cap came off in a fashion I can only describe as "dynamic".

Twist offs were easy too, as well as using the tail to pry open a can. I should point out, however, that a true operator needs no tool to get a twist-off or can open. It can come in handy, however, if a lady friend doesn't want to ruin her nails. :thumbsup:

I will say that this is one well thought out tool that covers everything. I did notice that as the extensive testing went on throughout the night, it got harder and harder to use. I'm not sure why.

Anyway, I thought it was so cool that as soon as I got off the kitchen floor this morning, I thought I'd let you all know about it. Highly recommended.

plasticslap
08-06-2009, 08:46
I got one of those with my Aimpoint mount. Swweeet! Did your buddy get the spice bottle too? Great on the grill!

K. Foster
08-06-2009, 10:43
Cool review....sometimes a little humor goes along way.
I call mine the Beverage Breaching Tool(BBT. ) Smaller than a Halligan , lighter than a ram and quieter than explosives. I love whipping it out (the BBT, that is) it’s a great conversation starter. I tell people about Larue’s, their top shelf quality and excellent service and all the free stuff they pack with your order.

deMontacute
08-06-2009, 12:12
Beer? I thought they were designed to open Kool-Aid....

Gribble
08-06-2009, 12:23
...beverage entry tool :

A friend just got a few things from them, and apparently they threw this in on the order.

Well, he gave it to me last night while we were working on his house. I thought I'd write up a review. I decided to try it on several types of beer bottles and cans to give you a complete report. :whistling:

The first thing that struck me is the heft and quality of the design. When you first pick it up, you know this is a serious tool. It has a good parkerized finish, and the combination of these two features lets you know they understand how an operator wants his beer opened.

It functioned exactly as advertised. When you put this rear leg under a bottlecap, there is total purchase. It grabs that cap like no opener I've ever used. This is not some wimpy opener you get in a hotel room that you need to take 3 or 4 tries to get to your barley pop. The cap came off in a fashion I can only describe as "dynamic".

Twist offs were easy too, as well as using the tail to pry open a can. I should point out, however, that a true operator needs no tool to get a twist-off or can open. It can come in handy, however, if a lady friend doesn't want to ruin her nails.

I will say that this is one well thought out tool that covers everything. I did notice that as the extensive testing went on throughout the night, it got harder and harder to use. I'm not sure why.

Anyway, I thought it was so cool that as soon as I got off the kitchen floor this morning, I thought I'd let you all know about it. Highly recommended.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Zombie Steve
08-06-2009, 14:09
I got one of those with my Aimpoint mount. Swweeet! Did your buddy get the spice bottle too? Great on the grill!

If he got the spice bottle, he's holding out on me. :steamed:

rmc85
08-06-2009, 14:50
I got one with my FUG and love it. I had a work conference all last week in Naples and it got used a ton!!!!.....ummm I mean....we....uhhhh....did training and learning...yeah!

By the last day everyone knew who to ask for a bottle opener!

arnoldstrong
08-06-2009, 16:21
That's sweet!!!

DaleGribble
08-06-2009, 16:31
And all this time I thought the little armadillo was an emergency barrel nut wrench!!!

rmc85
08-06-2009, 19:53
Even if I'm drinking twist top beer I still use it because its bad ass!

I mean who wouldn't like the Beverage Entry Tool!?!?!

RWBlue
08-06-2009, 20:30
I didn't get one of those with my order, but I did get a container of their spices which were very good.

rmc85
08-06-2009, 20:40
Here's everything that came with my FUG.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a295/rmc85/P1030897.jpg

NeverMore1701
08-06-2009, 21:35
You got half a rifle and a truck bed with yours?! Man I can't wait to order mine :supergrin:

crazymoose
08-07-2009, 00:14

http://i551.photobucket.com/albums/ii449/crazymoose/oh_snap.jpg

Kona2004
05-18-2010, 09:16
Placed my first order with LaRue last week, nothing big, just the LT-101 for $125. The package came today and I couldn't believe all the stuff packed into the box. Not only did I receive the beverage entry tool, but they also threw in a hat, the rub, a couple bumper stickers, and a pocket Constitution. I've never placed such a small order from a company and have them go that far for no apparent reason. LaRue Tactical :yourock:

Kentak
05-18-2010, 09:54
Placed my first order with LaRue last week, nothing big, just the LT-101 for $125. The package came today and I couldn't believe all the stuff packed into the box. Not only did I receive the beverage entry tool, but they also threw in a hat, the rub, a couple bumper stickers, and a pocket Constitution. I've never placed such a small order from a company and have them go that far for no apparent reason. LaRue Tactical :yourock:

I got the same thing with my LT-104. Some time back, I criticized LaRue a little bit here for such expensive mounts. Well, I guess I eventually drank the Kool-aid. After screwing around with some other mounting solutions that weren't quite right, or required bulky combinations of rings and risers, I gave the 104 a try. It did the trick and gave me what I wanted, a single QD unit that is not overly bulky and works right. Thumbs up for LaRue.

HAIL CAESAR
05-18-2010, 10:00

:perfect10:

Zombie Steve
05-18-2010, 11:32
http://pic.phyrefile.com/s/st/stevanford/2009/11/16/holy20thread20resurrection.jpg

Furyataurus
05-18-2010, 20:45
It's called "Dillo Dust" for crying out loud and not "rub" or "spice container"!!!!!! :rofl:

Fwdftw
05-18-2010, 21:08
cant wait to spend my 300$ for my 11inch rail!

furioso2112
05-18-2010, 21:24
A remarkble thread resurrection, too, as I was using my BET to gain access to an Arbor Brewing Company 'Sacred Cow' India Pale Ale not 5 minutes ago. I noticed that it really required bending these bottle caps in half to get them free from the bottle, but it seems that is a bottle cap issue rather than a BET issue, as I have used it extensively on multiple applications without the same issue. The primers on the caps (you know, the little rubbery piece on the underside of the bottle cap, which makes the seal) might have been bad. They were crimped, though.