Pocket Pistols [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Pistols

Young Once
08-07-2009, 18:58
Given the current situation (i.e. IWB prohibition, clutchbag required) how many of us have considered a pocket pistol as an option? Or have actually begun to carry a pocket pistol? I know that its quite difficult to draw from a clutchbag. A pocket pistol on the other hand, is quite handy and concealable. And best of all, very easy on the draw. Just pull out of your pocket and voila! There it is. Of course, we have to sacrifice caliber size. But as the saying goes....'tis better to have a pistol in the hand than one at home...or something like that. Hehehe

edtf
08-08-2009, 00:08
Given the current situation (i.e. IWB prohibition, clutchbag required) how many of us have considered a pocket pistol as an option? Or have actually begun to carry a pocket pistol? I know that its quite difficult to draw from a clutchbag. A pocket pistol on the other hand, is quite handy and concealable. And best of all, very easy on the draw. Just pull out of your pocket and voila! There it is. Of course, we have to sacrifice caliber size. But as the saying goes....'tis better to have a pistol in the hand than one at home...or something like that. Hehehe

I have one. .32 mouse gun. I have been looking pretty hard at the ruger LCP but I believe one is enough :)

goodtj
08-08-2009, 01:08
drawing from your pocket is a no no its slower and have a bigger chance of snagging your gun in you clothing or shooting something important even if its small or has a shrouded hammer never do it

nrmcolt
08-08-2009, 01:24
IMO, I don't think I need to draw it out of my pocket to pull the trigger when the SHTF.

Disadvantage: Gonna have a hole in the pants...that is if I survive to care

atmarcella
08-08-2009, 02:17
isa pang advantage ng pocket gun is, rarely if ever do the SG's of malls patt your pockets.

Young Once
08-08-2009, 02:21
Goodtj - Agree with you, but you could use a pocket holster where the end is sort of like a "j" shaped hook designed to snag on your pocket when you draw the gun.
EDTF - Good for you, the .32. I have a .22 (berretta bobcat), but the caliber size leaves much to be desired.
NRMColt - I never thought of that. Yeah, I think thats a good move.

goodtj
08-08-2009, 03:21
IMO, I don't think I need to draw it out of my pocket to pull the trigger when the SHTF.

Disadvantage: Gonna have a hole in the pants...that is if I survive to care

this is a very bad move where do you think all the hot gas will go even though its only a 22lr or 32cal its going to roast dickie and balsy

if your going to pocket carry a holster specifically designed to go on a pocket is a must don't go plain pocket carry

nrmcolt
08-08-2009, 04:38
going to roast dickie and balsy

Please refer to the "That is if Im going to survive to care"
:supergrin:

chromedG35
08-08-2009, 04:57
I also have one but hesitant to put it in my pocket cause I think doing so is still a violation given the provision that carry gun must be kept in a clutchbag. But what if I have a pocketsize cluthbag?hehehe...seriously If i were to use a clutchbag, I'll carry a 45 or my 40 rather than my 32!

jimbullet
08-08-2009, 05:06
PPK would be a good sized pocket pistol with a pocket clutch bag. Or perhaps have a backup gun like a deringer in 22magnum. Perhaps one can argue that you are still awaiting your made to order mini clutch bag for your deringer. Meanwhile pocket muna. hehehe

goodtj
08-08-2009, 05:52
hehehe kaya nga may flipant statement not to be taken seriously

baka kasi gawin ni young once good move daw eh

Allegra
08-08-2009, 06:40
speaking of pocket pistols, got to handle the STI rogue kanina
9mm , not really a pocket pistol pero it fits in my jeans pocket kaya wag na kayo kumontra
It's aproximately as big as g26 but a lot thinner
]Kung kumportable ka magdala ng snub sa bulsa , then ok na sayo ito
If you want a better description , hanapin niyo sa google at wala akong panahon

anyway , we shot a plastic bag full of ammo thru it kanina
Nagugulat ang lahat bakit ang hina ng recoil, we were shooting 135pf na match loads
We compared it sa shadow at stock2, halos parepareho ng recoil
I shot 5 shot bill drills sa 25m from high ready, kaya ng high 3 sec pareho ng sa shadow at stock2. Wag nyo tanungin yung tama haha pero cleaN naman
nga lang , it costs 50Gs and needs some breaking in though walang malfs of any kind
a taurus 38spl snubbie is around 20Gs lang
But very remarkable performance for a very small pistol that shoots 9mms

CatsMeow
08-10-2009, 18:50
I used to carry a .38 snubby in a pocket holster, great if you wear slacks or baggy pants. But the pocket now is among the first to be patted down by the sikyus, I always have to explain the plastic box of candy in my left pocket: "Ano to, sir?".

Young Once
08-11-2009, 06:20
Well, I think if you fire from the pocket, you're going to do so in a situation that is extremely stressful. In such a case, di mo din mararamdaman (at least at first), the hot gasses blowing on ballsy and dicky. In my opinion, better to get them burnt instead of being dead. Anyway, you have jocks on to protect them a bit. Unless of course you don't wear any. Hehehe