Adultery and Concubinage [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Adultery and Concubinage

Poodle
08-09-2009, 08:06
It seems unfair that a male human being cannot be charged with the personal crime of adultery. Maybe we should change the law? :whistling:

ADULTERY AND CONCUBINAGE
Art. 333. Who are guilty of adultery. Adultery is committed by any married
woman who shall have sexual intercourse with a man not her husband and by the man who has carnal knowledge of her knowing her to be married, even if the marriage be subsequently declared void.
Adultery shall be punished by prision correccional in its medium and maximum
periods.
If the person guilty of adultery committed this offense while being abandoned without justification by the offended spouse, the penalty next lower in degree than that provided in the next preceding paragraph shall be imposed.
Art. 334. Concubinage. Any husband who shall keep a mistress in the conjugal dwelling, or shall have sexual intercourse, under scandalous circumstances, with a woman who is not his wife, or shall cohabit with her in any other place, shall be punished by prision correccional in its minimum and medium periods. The concubine shall suffer the penalty of destierro.

vega
08-09-2009, 08:59
Ano yung destierro?

Tahimik ang BOGs, marami sigurong guilty sa concubinage.

9MX
08-09-2009, 09:08
i am invoking my right to remain silent..talk to my lawyer..bwahahaha

ess45
08-09-2009, 09:27
The Ten Commandments only mentioned adultery.

For men: Thou shall not covet your neighbors wife. Pag hindi neighbor pwede. :supergrin:

superman79
08-09-2009, 09:48
HAHAHAHAHA!:wow:

GMV
08-09-2009, 13:01
It seems unfair that a male human being cannot be charged with the personal crime of adultery. Maybe we should change the law? :whistling:

ADULTERY AND CONCUBINAGE
Art. 333. Who are guilty of adultery. Adultery is committed by any married
woman who shall have sexual intercourse with a man not her husband and by the man who has carnal knowledge of her knowing her to be married, even if the marriage be subsequently declared void.
Adultery shall be punished by prision correccional in its medium and maximum
periods.

Sir, this is one of the "double standard" we have under our laws. There's a pending Senate bill to eliminate the double standard: http://www.senate.gov.ph/press_release/2007/0903_gordon1.asp

However, as the law presently stands, a male can still commit and be prosecuted for adultery if he is the "man who has carnal knowledge" of the married woman (provided that he knows her to be married).

JMHO

Punisher_nbi45
08-09-2009, 14:52
Ano yung destierro?

Tahimik ang BOGs, marami sigurong guilty sa concubinage.

Destierro is when the person who committed a certain crime is forced out of the community (exiled would be the general term, I think). If one is sentenced with destierro, he/she is made to live/reside at least 25 km away from his place of residence / where the crime took place.

Destierro is popularly associated with Article 247 of the Revised Penal Code.

Poodle
08-09-2009, 16:19
Sir, this is one of the "double standard" we have under our laws. There's a pending Senate bill to eliminate the double standard: http://www.senate.gov.ph/press_release/2007/0903_gordon1.asp

However, as the law presently stands, a male can still commit and be prosecuted for adultery if he is the "man who has carnal knowledge" of the married woman (provided that he knows her to be married).

JMHO

Most of our lawmakers are male (who probably have concubines) so I don't think that the law is going to change any time soon unless there is a lobby from a women's group.

Black_SIR
08-09-2009, 19:28
Destierro

pili ka lang ala robinson crusoe or castaway :supergrin:

serioulsy bad trip naman yung wifye mo may kalaguyo na iba.. buti pa hiwalayan nalang :shocked:

mtho
08-09-2009, 20:06

JMHO

ikaw ba lawyer ni 9mx? :tongueout::rofl:

astig007
08-09-2009, 21:42
The Ten Commandments only mentioned adultery.

For men: Thou shall not covet your neighbors wife. Pag hindi neighbor pwede. :supergrin:

kaya nga ang magnasa pa lang kasalanan na :supergrin:

presidingglock
08-09-2009, 23:07
Destierro - it means ibabanish ka sa mainit na lugar like sa middle east. :rofl:

9MX
08-10-2009, 07:40
ikaw ba lawyer ni 9mx? :tongueout::rofl:

hindi, lawyer mo:rofl:

Taurus
08-10-2009, 21:01
The Revised Penal Code was passed in 1930 and despite a number of amendments is severely outdated. The double standard probably made perfect sense at the time. What is needed is a complete overhaul.

Allegra
08-11-2009, 03:14
I dont know why we even need this law
Parang it's a law to protect us from ourselves
Why not a law against suicide? o cigarettes? o alcohol?
We should be free to kill ourselves in peace

stanship
08-11-2009, 03:29
last time i checked, the ratio between men and women in the philippines is 1:4

kawawa naman yun remaining na tatlong babae dun sa ratio.
kaya sana hwag na silang mag-labas ng concubinage law para sa mga kalalakihan.

tama na yun adultery law para sa mga kababaihan.
:supergrin::supergrin::supergrin:

mtho
08-11-2009, 07:14

wise man :thumbsup:, next generation na sila maglabas ng concubinage law

9MX
08-11-2009, 07:58

:rofl:

saki1611
08-11-2009, 10:04
actaully concubinage is an offense that is hard to establish. you have to see the actual sexual intercourse of the husband and the concubine, merely livilng together in one roof is not strong enough to pursue a case.

PMMA97
08-23-2009, 17:52
I dont know why we even need this law
Parang it's a law to protect us from ourselves
Why not a law against suicide? o cigarettes? o alcohol?
We should be free to kill ourselves in peace

Isama mo na ang seatbelts at helmets.

But I think there is a law that makes the State "protect" you from doing harm to yourself.

Baka sa komiks ko lang nabasa yun?:supergrin:

sig-glock
09-12-2009, 13:31
best part of philippine law -

Art. 247. Death or physical injuries inflicted under exceptional circumstances. — Any legally married person who having surprised his spouse in the act of committing sexual intercourse with another person, shall kill any of them or both of them in the act or immediately thereafter, or shall inflict upon them any serious physical injury, shall suffer the penalty of destierro.

If he shall inflict upon them physical injuries of any other kind, he shall be exempt from punishment.

so pretty much - if you kill your wife if you catch her having an affair, you are banished 25 km away and if you managed not to kill and just maimed or injured them, it's all good. no wrong there......

Garrett Smith
09-12-2009, 13:44
"woman who shall have sexual intercourse with a man not her husband and by the man who has carnal knowledge of her knowing her to be married, even if the marriage be subsequently declared void."

Reread your quote. Sounds as if the man is included, althoughly poorly written.

Duckman1975
09-12-2009, 17:30
I asked my wife: ano masmasakit sweetheart? Me kalaguyo akong masmaganda sa iyo o me kalaguyo ako na maspangit sa iyo? :supergrin:
Got a big fat slap in the cheeks, I won't say I did not deserve that:supergrin:

monico1123
09-13-2009, 09:25
i am invoking my right to remain silent..talk to my lawyer..bwahahaha

+1

..... i plea the 5th.... :dunno: