Armscor medallion competition [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Armscor medallion competition

stanship
08-10-2009, 01:17
i am thinking of buying the Armscor Medallion Competition .40s&w, that comes with 4 mags, so i can shoot ipsc/ppsa standard division (cheap ako eh).

any one here who had used this piece and give feedback on its reliability, accuracy and durability? how many rounds had you put in it before the parts start malfunctioning? any other issues you encountered with it's use?

on the other hand (except for its price), what are the good qualities of this pistol?

looking forward to hear from you guys.

thanks!

jasonub
08-10-2009, 04:02
how much is it?

stanship
08-10-2009, 04:32
php 72k as advertised by armscor.
but i am sure i can get discount.

on another note, i had owned and shot STI and ParaOrd previously, but both sold already. i like the more manageable recoil of the all steel heavier paraord (at least for me), kaya i am considering this armscor medallion.

mc_oliver
08-10-2009, 04:59
Sabi nila Bob and Cap yung mga medallions now are already borne out from the new CNC machines ng Armscor. Bili ka na pards para makita natin kung maganda na nga fit, worthy of the 72K price tag. :supergrin:

Tsaka yung new mags with the plastic basepads are longer than the old ones with the steel plate pads. I'm pretty sure I can get reloadable, box-legal 20 in that tube with a few tweaks.

9MX
08-10-2009, 07:36
i'd rather get the plane jane hi-cap, tapos customize to my specs

stanship
08-10-2009, 07:38
thanks for the input mc_oliver...

how can i be sure that the piece i will be buying came out from the new cnc machines?
also the new and longer mags?...

hmmm... seems like that nobody from bogs had the chance to own one (mga burgis kasi hahaha). so if i buy, it will be the guinea pig for us to test! huhuhu

pag-isipan ko hanggang bukas...

btw, the discounted price from a friend is 60k petot nyahahaha pero secret lang ha? hwag nyong ipagkakalat nyahahaha!

9MX
08-10-2009, 07:41
btw, the discounted price from a friend is 60k petot nyahahaha pero secret lang ha? hwag nyong ipagkakalat nyahahaha!

makakaasa ka, walang makakaalam..........ngongo:rofl:

stanship
08-10-2009, 07:44
i'd rather get the plane jane hi-cap, tapos customize to my specs

ayoko ko nga kasi ang magiging bottom line ay mas mahal!!! :whistling:

stanship
08-10-2009, 07:45
makakaasa ka, walang makakaalam..........ngongo:rofl:

oh mannix eh di natawa ka! :rofl: ngongo talaga hahahaha

9MX
08-10-2009, 07:45
ayoko ko nga kasi ang magiging bottom line ay mas mahal!!! :whistling:

same same, you still bring the medallion sa gunsmith..gastos pa din

stanship
08-10-2009, 07:48
same same, you still bring the medallion sa gunsmith..gastos pa din

how did you know? did you own one? :tongueout:
kidding aside, siguro naman for the first 1 hundred rounds ay di pa kailangan ang gunsmith.

9MX
08-10-2009, 08:14
how did you know? did you own one? :tongueout:
kidding aside, siguro naman for the first 1 hundred rounds ay di pa kailangan ang gunsmith.

nope..i've seen it from others, which is why i built one:tongueout:

stanship
08-10-2009, 08:25
nope..i've seen it from others, which is why i built one:tongueout:

i don't like to take the path you went in building your samscor coz it's way too long and time consuming.

now back to the main topic - i need some quality feedbacks much like that of mc_oliver.

thanks!

stanship
08-10-2009, 08:28
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/9MX/photo.jpg

Meopta K-dot Used - 50K

Brand New American Defense Recon -s 30mm Quick Release Mount - 17K

For details click on the links below

[URL="http://www.opticsplanet.net/meopta-meostar-1-4x22-riflescope-706580.html"[/URL]

http://www.americandefensemanufacturing.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=11

wrong posting mannix! di ba dapat sa buy & sell thread ito? salamat sa pag-intindi mo.

9MX
08-10-2009, 08:46
yaiks, sorry stan, my bad. mods, please delete

stanship
08-10-2009, 09:25
yaiks, sorry stan, my bad. mods, please delete

apology accepted mannix. no harm done.

++++

okay, i decided to buy it na tomorrow. i don't want to go to bed having second thoughts at baka bangungutin ako :supergrin:

mc_oliver
08-10-2009, 09:29
Masikip ang medallion chamber at medyo mey mga sharp edges. You might need to do something about any feeding issues it might cause.

stanship
08-10-2009, 09:38
alright mc_oliver noted yours, thanks.
putok ko muna using armscor fmj reloads then we'll see...

if ever, matagal-tagal na ding hindi ko napuntahan si tony olinares :)

mtho
08-10-2009, 10:20
i'd suggest that you get a plain armscor hicap with the armscor beavertail, then spend what you saved on adjustable sights, magwell and trigger kit set. maybe you'd still have enough money for a barsto or schuemann after.

the newer magazines doesn't have mecgar written in it, it only has made in italy and you could load 17 right away.

stanship
08-10-2009, 16:15
thanks to your suggestion mtho.

stanship
08-11-2009, 00:59
so, i did it and ordered the armscor medallion competition .40s&w model.
dealer told me that most probably i will get it this coming friday and chances are, i will break-in it in the range this saturday :)

choi_tan2000
08-11-2009, 01:17
god luck bro stan

range report on monday

stanship
08-11-2009, 02:14
thanks choi.

good or bad, i will post outcome of test fire.

parang ang tagal ng friday.......................................

choi_tan2000
08-11-2009, 02:18
thanks choi.

good or bad, i will post outcome of test fire.

parang ang tagal ng friday.......................................

for sure bro it will be good, its reliable naman out of the box eh.

the need for a gunsmith would be more on shooters demand lang ( trigger pull, some tweaking. the most important is troating and reamer lang para lahat ng reload eh kainin.)

good luck bro im sure exited din mga BOG brothers sa range report..

gundog
08-11-2009, 02:40
bilin ko sa tuesday 50k :rofl::tongueout:

stanship
08-11-2009, 03:17
bilin ko sa tuesday 50k :rofl::tongueout:

good to hear from you gundog. mukhang di ka na tied-up ah!

hehehe sana hindi lemon yung makukuha kong unit....
para di mo mabili :tongueout::rofl:

mc_oliver
08-11-2009, 06:23
'Di ako kasing cheap ni Gundog stan, P50.1K :rofl:

stanship
08-11-2009, 07:01
'Di ako kasing cheap ni Gundog stan, P50.1K :rofl:

ngek, 100 petot lang ang dinagdag mo ang you feel na hindi ka na cheap??? :rofl:

stanship
08-11-2009, 07:03
walastik, kahit pala armscor eh nakakapanabik din ang paghihintay hehehe

mtho
08-11-2009, 07:18
so, i did it and ordered the armscor medallion competition .40s&w model.
dealer told me that most probably i will get it this coming friday and chances are, i will break-in it in the range this saturday :)

Stan,
would that be the armscor medalion3 that was on display at the armscor booth last gunshow? yan ba yung me built in magwell and michael voight serrations?

adenine
08-11-2009, 10:13
Bro Stan last Feb 09, i bought a Single Stack Armscor Medallion Tactical in cal 45. The design looked exactly the same as the M1911A1 FS PS. Pinalitan lang ung usual rollmark na Armscor sa slide ng Medallion. Aesthetically, I was so disappointed I immediately sold it. I observed that the novak style rear sight was not properly fitted (ika nga me pagka paleng ng konte to a certain degree). Even my friend gunsmith noticed it... Also the Ambi safety sort of took off partially after putting thru it 1 mag load (8 rounds). Mecgar mags came with the unit...

I took a picture of it, but could'nt remember where i hid it. Anyway the guy who bought it took it to a gunsmith and he made total changes to the image of the FA. And it was awsome (no pic though)....

Did not have that much money to spend sa smith that's why i sold it. Was thinking sana of keeping it as is... In fairness, i put about 20 rounds through it, it was a fine tuned baby... of course except for the unusual looks when i got it the first time. 52K was its price that time dito samin...

I hope you get what you wished for... This is the second time i bought an Armscor that I did not get what exact model i want... Probably there was a problem somewhere along the way while it was in the process of being selected by the dealer...:dunno: Good Luck sa Medallion mo Bro! Safe shooting!

stanship
08-11-2009, 16:50
Stan,
would that be the armscor medalion3 that was on display at the armscor booth last gunshow? yan ba yung me built in magwell and michael voight serrations?

this is how it looks like...

http://stansantiago.zenfolio.com/img/v1/p469724709.jpg

stanship
08-11-2009, 17:10

I hope you get what you wished for... This is the second time i bought an Armscor that I did not get what exact model i want... Probably there was a problem somewhere along the way while it was in the process of being selected by the dealer...:dunno: Good Luck sa Medallion mo Bro! Safe shooting!

adenine, the medallion competition is armscor's 1911 top of the line model so i expect that they will live up to it and is not only my wishful thinking....

... now i'm praying hard becoz of your feedback :)

thanks

Vault Keeper
08-11-2009, 18:22
Few years ago a friend bought a .45ACP Medallion. My initial reaction was why spend that much (I think that time it was around PHP40-45k) for a locally manufactured gun! But when he shot the thing, my impression changed, 360 degree turn! Ang sarap iputok! I am not into the know how of the part, but I guess ok naman, till this day, he is still enjoying his toy! (The unit he got was with a Pachmayr grip)

Good luck on your new purchase...!

adenine
08-11-2009, 18:22
adenine, the medallion competition is armscor's 1911 top of the line model so i expect that they will live up to it and is not only my wishful thinking....

... now i'm praying hard becoz of your feedback :)

thanks

Actually yes it is! I was planning to return it, but i did not want to wait so a sold it to a willing buyer.... Did not mean to be negative... Well it was just my luck...:crying:

stanship
08-11-2009, 19:28
Few years ago a friend bought a .45ACP Medallion. My initial reaction was why spend that much (I think that time it was around PHP40-45k) for a locally manufactured gun! But when he shot the thing, my impression changed, 360 degree turn! Ang sarap iputok! I am not into the know how of the part, but I guess ok naman, till this day, he is still enjoying his toy! (The unit he got was with a Pachmayr grip)

Good luck on your new purchase...!

thanks Vault Keeper!

for its price, the armscor medallion is 35% cheaper than a paraord pxt, and 50% cheaper than an STI Edge! this is also to mention that it comes with four 17-rounder-magazines while the other two come with only one.

if the unit that i bought turns out to be well assembled, then i would say that the armscor medallion competition model is value for money.

mtho
08-11-2009, 20:24
wouldn't the biggesr reason to buy local is that you have someone to guarantee the quality of the item youre buying? wouldn't armscor stand by their flagship model? if they wont kilala mo naman pala si tony O, so its not too big a problem.

stanship
08-11-2009, 20:47
i am sure that if the product has defect/s armscor will replace the unit or particular part/s of the unit. this is what i read in some posts where the buyer had bad experiences with other armscor products (not the medallion).

as far as i know, manny sunico was part of the design of the medallion competition edition kaya i have so much trust in it.

i've researched the internet and there are not so many articles written about the medallion, except in the forum.1911.org, which gave it good report.

i will surely bring the unit to tony olinares to tune the trigger and check the barrel fitting within the frame & slide. papagawa na din ako sa kanya ng basepads para maging 18 rounder yung mga mags.

mtho
08-11-2009, 21:25
stan,
sa akin isang mag lang yung pinagawa kong 19 rounder. i thought to myself sa gastos ko sa basepad, follower and spring. makakabili na ako ng isa pang 17rounder na magazine ng armscor.

stan di ko makita yung pic na pinost mo

stanship
08-11-2009, 21:45
stan,
sa akin isang mag lang yung pinagawa kong 19 rounder. i thought to myself sa gastos ko sa basepad, follower and spring. makakabili na ako ng isa pang 17rounder na magazine ng armscor.

stan di ko makita yung pic na pinost mo

hi mtho,

meron pa akong mga nakatagong wolff springs and followers for paraord mags (6 pairs pa yung nakita ko sa aking baul) kaya basepads lang ang kailangan ko.

for the medallion pic, just go to armscor's website.

stanship
08-13-2009, 18:39
bad trip... because of new additional processes at FED & Crime Lab, of course with additional fees, the processing of FA will take at least 5 working days.

there goes the planned break-in this weekend :(

choi_tan2000
08-13-2009, 18:44
bad trip... because of new additional processes at FED & Crime Lab, of course with additional fees, the processing of FA will take at least 5 working days.

tama ka bro eto ngaun ang dagdag na hasle at dagdag na bayad..

kainis talga bro

adenine
08-14-2009, 01:08

Bro can you give me an idea how much the additional fee is? I heard that next week, there will be an increase in fees but no idea what it is... TIA.

stanship
08-14-2009, 01:24
Bro can you give me an idea how much the additional fee is? I heard that next week, there will be an increase in fees but no idea what it is... TIA.

4 years bond amounting to php698.80 plus php50 for notary.

saki1611
08-16-2009, 06:25
Stan, just wanna share my Armscor 1911A2 in Cal .40 S&W modified for IPSC Standard Divison:

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j130/saki1611/046.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j130/saki1611/044.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j130/saki1611/039.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j130/saki1611/040.jpg

stanship
08-16-2009, 06:57
very nice piece, saki1611!
ganda ng grip design, kanino ka nakabili?
i also like your ambi-safety, very nice para sa thumb ride. the one that's fitted on the medallion is a bit narrow for my taste.
great magwell too! who did your basepads? how many rounds can fit into your mags na?

thanks for sharing the photos of your armscor 1911A2 :)

saki1611
08-16-2009, 07:20
very nice piece, saki1611!
ganda ng grip design, kanino ka nakabili?
i also like your ambi-safety, very nice para sa thumb ride. the one that's fitted on the medallion is a bit narrow for my taste.
great magwell too! who did your basepads? how many rounds can fit into your mags na?

thanks for sharing the photos of your armscor 1911A2 :)

grip is made by our very own, Mco. Gunsmith by Rene of Col. Bayang, the ambi safety is the orig armscor, just widened it and put thumb guard. basepads are from Col. Bayang, using also their own follower it can load up to 19rnds. magwell is S&A. I changed also the hammer and internal with EE's and the Beavertail with Ed Brown, Magcatch and Trigger are Guncraft, Extended Firing Pin EGW, Titanum Hammer Strut EGW, 17lbs Wolf Mainspring

stanship
08-17-2009, 00:54
grip is made by our very own, Mco. Gunsmith by Rene of Col. Bayang, the ambi safety is the orig armscor, just widened it and put thumb guard. basepads are from Col. Bayang, using also their own follower it can load up to 19rnds. magwell is S&A. I changed also the hammer and internal with EE's and the Beavertail with Ed Brown, Magcatch and Trigger are Guncraft, Extended Firing Pin EGW, Titanum Hammer Strut EGW, 17lbs Wolf Mainspring

hi saki1611,

any reasons why you changed the parts, specially the internal ones? (i know that most externals changes were for good looks :))

did it mean that the armscor's internals had broken easily, after how many rounds?

stan

adenine
08-17-2009, 01:30
4 years bond amounting to php698.80 plus php50 for notary.

Thanks for the info bro!

Nice looking pistol sir saki1611!Looking forward to own one in the near future!:supergrin:

Masarap ba iputok ang cal 40 1911? Na try ko pa lang ay G22 ok din! Favorite caliber ko kc ay 45 and 9mm. Never tried the 40 yet sa competition (probably because i remember 2 ocassions na nagkaron ng accident sa range using a 40). But i'm sure mga isolated cases lang un...

I'm leaning towards a 1911 in cal 40 kasi marami ako unsolicited advice re its practicallity and advantage... Which gunstore offers the lowest price nito sir? TIA

Adenine

stanship
08-17-2009, 01:46
shot the g22 (major load) in competition before - masyadong mapalag...
maybe the longer slide/barrel g35 is softer, but i haven't tried.

almost all ipsc shooters shooting .40 s&w are in 1911/2011 platform.

try mo mag-inquire ng price sa "great guns" store. doon ako nakakuha ng discount.

mtho
08-17-2009, 02:42
hi saki1611,

any reasons why you changed the parts, specially the internal ones? (i know that most externals changes were for good looks :))

did it mean that the armscor's internals had broken easily, after how many rounds?

stan

di naman nasira mga parts nya, madami lang talaga yung nakuha nyang bonus:tongueout:

saki1611
08-17-2009, 02:48
Stan, just changed it for more confidence when it come to reliabilty, setting the sear spring right will give you a light trigger pull without the fear burst shots, plus the very nice crisp trigger of EE Internals.

saki1611
08-17-2009, 06:04
di naman nasira mga parts nya, madami lang talaga yung nakuha nyang bonus:tongueout:

:quiet: :supergrin:

mtho
08-17-2009, 10:07
:quiet: :supergrin:

di ba alam ni fin?

saki1611
08-17-2009, 22:07
Mark, alam ni fin yun. Hehehehe!

mtho
08-17-2009, 23:57
yung malaking bonus?

saki1611
08-18-2009, 04:47
yung malaking bonus?

ano bonus? di ko rin alam yun...:supergrin:

stanship
08-18-2009, 22:03
hay ang tagal lumabas ng medallion ko, at fiesta opisyal pa sa quezon city ngayon, close and crame/fed :yawn:

http://stansantiago.zenfolio.com/img/v3/p53911632-3.jpg

http://stansantiago.zenfolio.com/img/v4/p475118845-3.jpg

mtho
08-19-2009, 07:21
iba yung medalion na nakita ko sa gunshoow

stanship
08-19-2009, 08:04
iba yung medalion na nakita ko sa gunshoow

what's the difference mtho?

mtho
08-19-2009, 10:36
serration we're like the michael voight serrations on the sti gun. and the magwell was weldon the frame similar to the caspian race ready frame

stanship
08-19-2009, 18:53
serration we're like the michael voight serrations on the sti gun. and the magwell was weldon the frame similar to the caspian race ready frame

ganun? lahat ng nakita ko ay pareho ng picture sa post ko.
anyway, kung yun nakita mo ang unit na makukuha mas okay.
if not, okay lang din :)

saki1611
08-20-2009, 08:50
shot the g22 (major load) in competition before - masyadong mapalag...
maybe the longer slide/barrel g35 is softer, but i haven't tried.

almost all ipsc shooters shooting .40 s&w are in 1911/2011 platform.

try mo mag-inquire ng price sa "great guns" store. doon ako nakakuha ng discount.

OT, my next project is a Glock35 for Standard Division! hope it's a good project...

atmarcella
08-20-2009, 23:52
wow nice project sir saki, kaso lang kelangan palitan ang barrel ng aftermarket kasi kulang talaga sa case support ang 40 na glock, this does not turn you off?

mtho
08-21-2009, 00:05
atmarcella,
big bonus nga eh syempre lahat aftermarket yan. back up nya yan sa std gun nya

atmarcella
08-21-2009, 00:09
hehehe nakalimutan ka ang big bonus hehehe.

saki1611
08-21-2009, 03:34
atmarcella,
big bonus nga eh syempre lahat aftermarket yan. back up nya yan sa std gun nya

Pambihira ka mark ha bibibuko mo ako. hehehe!

atmarcella, yup it's an aftermarket slide and barrel, replacing the whole upper of my glock 22. Hope it will materialize.

atmarcella
08-21-2009, 05:21
ah akala ko kasi you're gonna get a 35 then tweak it. i've thought about messing w/ a 35 what's putting me off is the fact that i have to replace the barrel.

saki1611
08-24-2009, 03:32
how come i like the recoil of my Glock22 better than my Armscor 1911-A2? i have better shot and faster sight picture, plus the felt recoil is much softer.:dunno:

stanship
08-24-2009, 08:37
intrigued by mtho's input on the medallion he saw during last gun show, i opted to wait for the "Medallion III"!

here are the pictures of the new model:

http://stansantiago.zenfolio.com/img/v1/p151046172-3.jpg

http://stansantiago.zenfolio.com/img/v0/p29433667-3.jpg

http://stansantiago.zenfolio.com/img/v2/p489067016-3.jpg

foxyyy
08-24-2009, 10:34
can't see the pics

stanship
08-24-2009, 16:36
can't see the pics

how about now?

ans3288
08-24-2009, 16:51
the medallion III looks like my gun which i also copied from somebody else! :)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3026/2754701467_62eabd8206.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3013/2755471994_b7863a0d51.jpg

batangueno
08-24-2009, 17:19
Good that you waited for the Medallion III. Laki ng ganda sa previous model.

mtho
08-24-2009, 20:29
the medallion III looks like my gun which i also copied from somebody else! :)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3026/2754701467_62eabd8206.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3013/2755471994_b7863a0d51.jpg

yeah, but your gun has expensive sights

atmarcella
08-25-2009, 00:37
ganda ng medallion 3!

choi_tan2000
08-25-2009, 01:46
intrigued by mtho's input on the medallion he saw during last gun show, i opted to wait for the "Medallion III"!

here are the pictures of the new model:

http://stansantiago.zenfolio.com/img/v1/p151046172-3.jpg

http://stansantiago.zenfolio.com/img/v0/p29433667-3.jpg

http://stansantiago.zenfolio.com/img/v2/p489067016-3.jpg

these medallions are costumized by metrillo, iirc this a a project between arsmcor and metrillo's

though wala price during gun show, if you got this unit wala kna iintindihin puputok mo nalang.

ans3288
08-25-2009, 02:52
nothing diff with my parao stock sights, di pa din tumatama! :crying:

yeah, but your gun has expensive sights

9MX
08-25-2009, 04:33
these medallions are costumized by metrillo, iirc this a a project between arsmcor and metrillo's

though wala price during gun show, if you got this unit wala kna iintindihin puputok mo nalang.

tama ba yung nakikita ko, pang longdust na ang slides ng armscor?

bulm540
08-25-2009, 16:56
NIce Medallions

MERCMADE
08-25-2009, 20:18
commander size ba yung 3rd picture?
ang gaganda, puede