What's the Fishersville Gun Show Like? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What's the Fishersville Gun Show Like?

RussP
08-12-2009, 02:20
Just moved into the Charlottesville area from Richmond and am wondering how the Fishersville show compares to either of the Richmond shows.

Fishersville is a Showmasters show like the RIR show. RIR caters more to the antique arms rather than modern firearms. Is that true of the Fishersville show?

I'm in need of a gun show fix!

Thanks for the info.

:cool:

Messer
08-12-2009, 09:43
Hey Russ,

The Fishersville show is smaller than either of thr Richmond shows - has a mix of old & new. Some military, some junktiques...

It used to be a good little show, went way down hill, and now that C&E/Showmaster has taken it over, is working on getting better.

Volunteer to cover a VCDL table shift and get in for free. (I'm the regional coordinator :wavey: )

Don't plan a day around it - you can see the whole show in less than an hour if you don't stop/talk to many tables.

Still, having said that - folks from C'ville look forward to the Showplace show down in Richmond for a good/big show.

Hope this helps,
Bob S.

RussP
08-13-2009, 20:53
I might just take you up on working the table. I'll be in touch.

DScottHewitt
10-03-2009, 15:38
Just moved into the Charlottesville area from Richmond and am wondering how the Fishersville show compares to either of the Richmond shows.

Fishersville is a Showmasters show like the RIR show. RIR caters more to the antique arms rather than modern firearms. Is that true of the Fishersville show?

I'm in need of a gun show fix!

Thanks for the info.

:cool:

Been YEARS since I went to a show in the Expo Hall. Posted on it in GNG BRIEFLY in the "Best Gunshow Memory" thread, since it was a special day spent with dad that can NEVER be repeated or recreated now. Had a great variety of stuff. I got a couple AR-15 maggies and two G-17 +2 maggies

And welcome to the area. I am in Sherando, just over the hill from ya.

Scott

DScottHewitt
10-03-2009, 15:41
Hey Russ,

The Fishersville show is smaller than either of thr Richmond shows - has a mix of old & new. Some military, some junktiques...

It used to be a good little show, went way down hill, and now that C&E/Showmaster has taken it over, is working on getting better.

Volunteer to cover a VCDL table shift and get in for free. (I'm the regional coordinator )

Don't plan a day around it - you can see the whole show in less than an hour if you don't stop/talk to many tables.

Still, having said that - folks from C'ville look forward to the Showplace show down in Richmond for a good/big show.

Hope this helps,
Bob S.

Any of the shows I would be available for I would also like to help on the VCDL table. And not just to get in.

:supergrin::supergrin::whistling::supergrin::supergrin:

EDIT TO ADD: The change of ownership is maybe why I stopped getting the cards. I was on the mailing list and got a card every time the Fishersville or Harrisonburg shows came up