Question re: extra mag holsters [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Question re: extra mag holsters

Bibbs
08-12-2009, 10:48
Do you have to conceal an extra mag holster the same as you would your firearm? I've got a call into a LEO buddy of mine but he hasn't gotten back to me yet. I'm asking because I sometimes use my tuckable holster when I have to tuck in my shirt but I would still like to carry my extra mag in my Blackhawk mag holster. Just not sure what the law on it is.

Anybody know?

GlocknSpiehl
08-12-2009, 15:30
I would just because I prefer to be fully concealed. I have a tuckable holster AND a tuckable spare magazine carrier. The law is totally ambiguous on magazines, but do you really want to spend your hard earned $$$ if some police officer decides to arrest/cite you?

Mr. Blandings
08-12-2009, 15:42
There is no Florida law that addresses carrying magazines & ammunition.
As long as you are not prohibited from possessing ammunition (convicted felon or other prohibited person category) then displaying a magazine pouch & magazine on your belt is legal.

FlaChef
08-15-2009, 10:54
Of course it does kind of defeat the purpose of the whole "concealed" part.

GSSF17
08-15-2009, 10:58
While it is legal, I would advise against it. When you draw attention to yourself, the wrong kind of attention might be paid to you by the wrong person.

Element of surpise goes way down when you are walking around with a mag exposed.

Just my .02.

Be safe