I need to send some mags to,..... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I need to send some mags to,.....

faawrenchbndr
08-12-2009, 14:05
I need to send some PMags to my Son-in-Law in Afganistan.
Is this possible? Anything I should be concerned with when
sending these? Ed was able to pick up two at the PX, but,
He would like a few more, and they are sold out.

Any tips on getting them over there?

Thanks

k9barco
08-12-2009, 16:09
I have a similar question. I need to send a soldier in Iraq some 9mm mags. I have only gotten 2 emails from him and found him through operation minnesota nice. I need to know what type of 9mm side arm the Army currently issues; are they Beretta? I would ask him but only get an occasional email and I need to get this package going. I also need to send him some sling parts for him M6 and was thinking about sending him some mags for that also.
Thanks for any info and sorry to high-jack your thread.

Regards,
Charlie

G-C
08-15-2009, 02:02
I'm in Mosul, and receiving mail from the states is not an issue. I don't even think it is exrayed or searched, so sending p-mags and berretta 9mm mags should not be a problem. I know guys who have order them from Cheaper Than Dirt with no issue, though I don't know the law on that specifically. I do know we are not allowed to mail those things back home, that I am sure of, and the mail is searched thoroughly. Thanks, btw, for giving a hoot about the gear we get over here. I carry three pmags myself. They are tough. At the range only, thank goodness, I've pulled issued mags on a few occasions only to find the feed lip had been damaged and once the bottom popped open and rounds and spring just dropped right out. The pmags I brought for home for a true field test. 8 months, a **** load of missions, and some decent range time, and never a problem.

faawrenchbndr
08-15-2009, 20:04
G-C

Thanks for your service!

johnydoe
08-16-2009, 22:41
I just checked the Magpul website and it says "This item or some of it’s components cannot be exported from the United States of America without a valid export permit from the U.S. State Dept. Unfortunately this does include APO addresses due to ITAR restrictions. Additionally, these are restricted in California, Hawaii, New Jersey, New York, Maryland and Massachusetts." so you can not ship to a foreign country without a permit???

http://www.magpul.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=80_120&products_id=267

Bren
08-17-2009, 10:27
I have a similar question. I need to send a soldier in Iraq some 9mm mags. I have only gotten 2 emails from him and found him through operation minnesota nice. I need to know what type of 9mm side arm the Army currently issues; are they Beretta? I would ask him but only get an occasional email and I need to get this package going. I also need to send him some sling parts for him M6 and was thinking about sending him some mags for that also.
Thanks for any info and sorry to high-jack your thread.

Regards,
Charlie

We use Beretta 92 magazines. I carry my personal Beretta magazines in my M9, as well as the barrel from my personal Beretta 92FS. I carried them here with me, which isn't a problem. My pistol has never malfunctioned with them, however our issued mags do malfunction - I've seen a couple stick and fail to feed every round after the top one. I also got issued a pistol with the barrel crown beat to crap, so I brought my barrel.

Problem is, I don't think you can mail magazines and, contrary to what G-C said, every package to or from us is searched - you have to fill out a customs form with the contents listed and have the contents inspected at the post office before you can seal the package.

Look on the USPS web site and you can find what items are restricted for shipping to the particular soldier's APO address.

G-C
08-24-2009, 01:32
I just checked the Magpul website and it says "This item or some of itís components cannot be exported from the United States of America without a valid export permit from the U.S. State Dept. Unfortunately this does include APO addresses due to ITAR restrictions. Additionally, these are restricted in California, Hawaii, New Jersey, New York, Maryland and Massachusetts." so you can not ship to a foreign country without a permit???

http://www.magpul.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=80_120&products_id=267

It's been a while since I've been on here, and I'm sorry for that. This is the stupidest piece of info I've heard in a while. I didn't realize I was commiting a federal felony when I brought my pmags over here. I'm headed to the MP station straight away to turn myself in. Oh, wait. F-that. I would have to assume that "export" means to transport out of the country for use in "trading" something for something. Sorry, I got kinda worked up there. Have a great day.

drizzle
08-27-2009, 13:09
I mailed three Beretta mags to a friend serving with the Red Bulls on their last tour. Sent them US mail, wrapped inside American Handgunner and Guns & Ammo. I declared 'magazines' :whistling: and he got them just fine.

Airman 28
08-31-2009, 17:51
Since i've been over here I have recieved quite a few things I wasn't supposed to. The way the guy explained it to me at the mail tent was that customs only does random inspections and that they try not to mess with apo mail.