Fried chicken [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Fried chicken

RWBlue
08-14-2009, 12:43
In Ohio, the best fried chicken is at a Grocery store chain.

Who has the best fried chicken in Northern VA?

Dalton Wayne
08-14-2009, 12:53
Best around here is KFC

Hoopster
08-14-2009, 13:24
Best around here is KFC
I'm in Kentucky and though KFC is okay, I think Wal-mart and Kroger both have better fried chicken. Just my personal taste.

vafish
08-14-2009, 18:42
If it doesn't have to be fired and you like rotisserie style, Super Chicken in Falls Church is the best, a close 2nd is Guappos' in Manassas.

Jerseycitysteve
08-14-2009, 19:25
KFC???????

Off of US 58 Bill's Grill in Courtland Virginia fries up a tasty bird.

Orkinman
08-16-2009, 23:20
The best Fried Chicken in the area was Church's Chicken. But they're gone now. Haven't seen one for at least 10 years.

Gun Shark
08-16-2009, 23:22
Best around here is KFC

you mean KGC:rofl:

Fungunner
08-17-2009, 03:16
The best Fried Chicken in the area was Church's Chicken. But they're gone now. Haven't seen one for at least 10 years.

I've seen a few Church's Fried Chicken in So. Cal, on my business trips. Haven't had a chance to stop by and see if their stuff is still as good. Taste may have changed, given California's rules about cooking with certain oils. Jack-In-The-Box is there too.

KFC is pretty much the only place I go to get "Fried Chicken". But, it's for expediancy, not because they're the best. I've not thought much about finding a good fried chicken place. Guess I'll have to go with Va Fish's suggestion and give Guapo's a try, since they have 2, just down the streets from me.

vafish
08-17-2009, 05:37
I've seen a few Church's Fried Chicken in So. Cal, on my business trips. Haven't had a chance to stop by and see if their stuff is still as good. Taste may have changed, given California's rules about cooking with certain oils. Jack-In-The-Box is there too.

KFC is pretty much the only place I go to get "Fried Chicken". But, it's for expediancy, not because they're the best. I've not thought much about finding a good fried chicken place. Guess I'll have to go with Va Fish's suggestion and give Guapo's a try, since they have 2, just down the streets from me.

My wife told me that Guapo's is opening up a restaurant in Fair Lakes where the Don Pablo's used to be.

9mmkungfu
08-17-2009, 09:33

I don't know if you caught it but Guapo's does not serve fried chicken - it's a rotisserie style chicken place. Just don't want you to be disappointed if you were expecting fried. Although I agree with vafish -- very good indeed!

Fungunner
08-17-2009, 18:22
I don't know if you caught it but Guapo's does not serve fried chicken - it's a rotisserie style chicken place. Just don't want you to be disappointed if you were expecting fried. Although I agree with vafish -- very good indeed!

Yeah, I'm not expecting gramma's fried chicken when I go there. I remember eating at a Guapo's, serving Pollo la brasa over in DC. It was tasty.

Nubbins
08-17-2009, 18:26
just my 2c but the IGA in MARSHALL has some of the best fried chicken made at lunch time

22collector
08-17-2009, 19:07
i agree with pontiacglocker. IGA in marshall is great has been for many years (i grew up in the plains ans ate there a lot). As for chains i like popeyes

Goatglocker
08-17-2009, 19:17
I don't know about Northern Virginia but if you are ever in the Norfolk area the very best chicken is a local joint named Pollards just off Tidewater Drive on Bayview Ave near the Ocean View section of town....