Extended magazine relese for G23 and G26 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Extended magazine relese for G23 and G26

Les Maynard
08-15-2009, 17:52
Has anyone tried the GHOST LO-PRO? What do you like best and why for CC................

Evela
08-28-2009, 09:42
Here's the deal. I don't know the Ghost extended release, but I DID install a stock Glock 34 extended release (which I believe is a bit more conservative and cheaper) on my carry G-26.

I thought it was just dandy (along with a G-34 extended slide release) on this carry gun. At the time I was warned that, althought the extended releases are fine with the G-34 for competition and range, that for carry I oughta be concerned with accidentally activating one or both of these.

I thought this was silly, kept both installed.

Later, the warning came true - I suffered a partially ejected mag and a stovepipe (same shot) at the range. This was VERY disconcerting - pretty much the last thing I'd want to happen with a carry weapon. I decided that somehow I'd managed to activate the extended mag release, which also caused the stovepipe.

After much thought and further experimentation, I then went back to the stock mag release. I did keep the Glock extended slide release though, as my thumbs come nowhere near it, AND it is very conservative - just enough extension but not too much, if you know what I mean.

Bottom line: this is a carry weapon, and I think you should be very concerned about accidental activation. The tiny bit of speed you may gain, to me, is not worth the risk of failure. It happened to me, and it was a real eyeopener....

Les Maynard
08-28-2009, 10:54
Evela,
Thanks for your imput. I tried a Lone Wolf ex. mag. release and found it to be too long, so I cut it down to a lenght a little longer than the stock unit and it seems to be fine. If it gives me a problem,I will as you suggest, put the original release back in.
Les Maynard