The NRA Range And Museum [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : The NRA Range And Museum

DannyR
08-17-2009, 18:15
Folks,

My step-daughter took me to the NRA range a few weeks ago. WOW, what a nice facility. I took my test, got my card and sent 100 rounds down range. Afterward we toured the NRA museum--admission free! She had to drag me out of there after about 90 minutes. Next time I visit her in Fairfax we will be going back for sure.

If you are ever in the Fairfax/DC area, make it a MUST VISIT stop on your journey.

vafish
08-17-2009, 19:36
Danny,

If you think the NRA range looks nice you should stop by the Silver Eagle Group out in Ashburn on your next visit.

SEG makes the NRA look like a dump.

DannyR
08-18-2009, 07:18
Thanks for the hot tip. I'll try it my next weekend in Fairfax, which may not be until October.

9mmkungfu
08-18-2009, 11:43
Danny,

If you think the NRA range looks nice you should stop by the Silver Eagle Group out in Ashburn on your next visit.

SEG makes the NRA look like a dump.

Do you have a membership there? Last time I checked, the fees were a bit on the high side. More of a country club than a range. Nice spot though.

vafish
08-20-2009, 16:45
Do you have a membership there? Last time I checked, the fees were a bit on the high side. More of a country club than a range. Nice spot though.

Normal membership is $100 initiation fee and $35 per month. My daughter has a Valor pass open to military, LE, ect... no initiation fee just $35 pr month.

Now the Founders Club Membership will set you back about twice the cost of a decent car.

RandySmith
08-20-2009, 20:26
It's a real shame that SEG gives money to the anti-gun democrats.

Randy

vafish
08-21-2009, 05:48
It's a real shame that SEG gives money to the anti-gun democrats.

Randy

Blue Ridge Arsenal owners give money to them as well.

And it's also a shame that the NRA Range cut our junior shooting program down to 2 nights a month. Forcing us to go to commercial ranges.

You can find a reason to hate just about any range if you look hard enough.

9mmkungfu
08-21-2009, 06:16
Normal membership is $100 initiation fee and $35 per month. My daughter has a Valor pass open to military, LE, ect... no initiation fee just $35 pr month.

Now the Founders Club Membership will set you back about twice the cost of a decent car.

Thanks for the tip. They're the closest range to me and I'm excited to check it out now. I could deal with a $100 one-time fee and $35/month.

-Nate

RandySmith
08-21-2009, 08:30
You can find a reason to hate just about any range if you look hard enough.

It's much deeper than a simple "hate". It's about (very) pro-gun rights kind of people giving their money to those who directly dontate HUGE quantities of money to people who would strip all of us of gun rights.

Randy