House Bill 6658 will take away your firearms! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : House Bill 6658 will take away your firearms!

akula
08-20-2009, 06:40
:steamed:

this is from another forum (http://www.timawa.net/forum/index.php?topic=18592.0):

At the Congressional Hearing yesterday before the Committee on Public Order and Safety, we were invited along with all other stakeholders in the firearms industry and business to comment on House Bill No. 6658 introduced by Reps. Pedro P. Romualdo (lone district Camiguin) and Antonio V. Cuenco (Cebu). On our part, we prepared a lengthy position paper commenting on the flawed provisions of HB No. 6658 and were prepared for an oral discussion and questioning. Much to our dismay, none of the invited public or resource persons were allowed to speak or participate, as is the usual procedure in committee hearings before the House. Instead Congressman Chairman Rodolfo W. Antonino (Nueva Ecija) simply allowed a few short (irrelevant) comments from some committee members (who knew nothing about the bill) totalling about 20 minutes, then they moved to, and voted for, approval of the bill over our protestations.

Later that evening, I texted another congressman from that committee as to why it happened that way, he said, "That's a Malacanang-backed bill. The Office of the President made direct contact with the congressmen (not him) to approve that bill". Grrr..!

So now Malacanang, thru its dwarf President who is guilty of ordering and/or approving the extrajudicial killings and abductions of hundreds activists and journalists, is now hypocritically enacting measures that would effectively disarm the general population and deprive us of our right to defend ourselves.

Consider the following provisions of HB 6658:

1. Airsoft guns and all gas, spring operated pistols and rifles are now classified as TRUE FIREARMS, requiring licensing and Permit to carry just like regular firearms!

2. If you are in a group and one of you is caught with a firearm or part thereof (with or without your knowledge) ALL OF YOU will be presumed to be in illegal possession of firearms, and shall be accordingly all charged.

3. Penalties have been hugely INCREASED to Life Imprisonment for illegal possession and/or manufacture of firearms or light weapons, or 6-18 years for ammunition. "Ammunition" is defined, among others, to include BLANK AMMUNITION, and NOXIOUS LIQUID AND GAS??!!

4. "Light weapons" are now defined and prohibited, which includes any weapon capable of holding a DRUM magazine, which would include practically all semi-auto rifles, including rimfire 22's.

5. The crime of illegal possession of firearms shall now be considered as a SEPARATE AND DISTINCT penalty if any other crime is commmitted in the same act. So you could be charged TWICE for the same act and be slapped with TWO PENALTIES.

This bill is now being fast-tracked thru the congress for approval by GMA before Congress ends and her term expires next year. Of course, we in PROGUN and UAA are doing our best to make sure that we block this Bill in the House and the Senate. We, however, cannot do it alone without the support of YOU the thousands of legitimate and responsible gun owners and airsofters who value our freedom and civil rights. We are thus appealing for your help in this noble endeavor of preserving our shooting sports.

http://acmairsoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=11020.0
:crying:

9MX
08-20-2009, 07:09
if true, this is not good. however, i tried searching for it at this site, but couldn't find it

http://www.congress.gov.ph/bis/index.php?s=qry_h

saki1611
08-20-2009, 08:45
why not ammend the penalty of Reckless Imprudence instead? especially against reckless drivers and Driving Under the Influence, statistically there are much numbers of death because of this.

sig-glock
08-20-2009, 16:35
i for one dont have a problem with the bill. as far as from what i read on the above post, it does not have an effect on legally owned and carried firearms.

no. 5 will stop the BG from finding loopholes in our laws. eg.if you discharge an illegal firearm without aiming at a person, your charge for causing a scene and not for carrying an illegal firearm(remember the case with the foreigner).

no. 3 i totally agree with.

no. 1 will stop those BG's who uses airsoft pistols and ar's foor robbery's etc.

no.2 i can see why they would want to do this but can see scenarios which would make things unfair to people.

no.4 i disagree unless a more detailed description of what is classified as light arms. i tend to agree with this if something like a .50 calibre barret rifle is prohibited to civilians. there's just no justification for ownership of such a thing by your average individual.
*i think they meant yung light machine guns though (yung may external drum) which would make it the same as to the restrictions we have now.

yet we dont know what other loopholes are allowed with said bill. baka may exemptions pa rin like what we have now na bawal (sort of) ang ownership ng long firearms for civilians unless idaan mo by transfer or amnesty....

just my opinion....

3kings
08-20-2009, 20:26
guys if this is true then its scary. i have informed all local forums as well. here is the link

http://www.pinoyguns.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=14747

monitor mode tayo

CatsMeow
08-20-2009, 21:08
:steamed:

this is from another forum (http://www.timawa.net/forum/index.php?topic=18592.0):

:crying:

# 1 would go against the definition of what a firearm is. Are they that stupid?

#2 So much for the presumption of innocence. Remember it is the cops that are supposed to prove that you are violating the law, not the other way around.

#3 Reminds me of what two Malaysians who I lent my rifle and pistol for an afternoon (with me around of course) told me. In Malaysia illegal possession of firearms is punishable by hanging. Thus, any felon with a firearm is apt to kill with it, he's got nothing to lose, it's the noose either way.

#4 So much for our ARs, as these accept the Beta C-Mag, among others.

#5 I'm not so sure...But it's easier to prove illegal possession of firearms, prove possession, and get a certification from FED that either the firearm is unlicensed, or no PTC or PTT was issued for it.

Anyway just my view on the matter.

nrmcolt
08-20-2009, 22:50
# 1 would go against the definition of what a firearm is. Are they that stupid?

Answer: YES

jimbullet
08-21-2009, 01:09
If they are wanting to impose item 1, this appears to be taken from british laws where airsofts and airguns are indeed classified as firearms requiring license depending on several factors which include age, power of the air rifle/ pistol (i.e. some airguns do produce strength similar to the 22 short/ 22LR).

Congress should however consider practicalities and that this law is not appropriate in Asian/ Phils setting. Too many loose guns out there

MERCMADE
08-21-2009, 02:12
We should stop ranting and we should organaize ourselves. Our gun rights have been trampled on for so long by these enept lawmakers who dont understand the repercussions of their laws. We should have a voice, I am sure there are alot of us. We have Progun but admit it or not, most of us are guilty of being to lazy to make stand.

user
08-21-2009, 04:57
Someone's been sending out fake alerts about horrible actions in House and Senate bills. This has two obvious effects. First, it causes alarm resulting in people who are interested in protecting their right to self defense to flood the fax machines and email of legislators with nonsense. Secondly, it will, over time, deaden people to real threats, such that they will not react appropriately when a real threat shows up.

The only thing we can do is be diligent in checking each threat, and then ignoring the fakes.

Wait ... there is one other thing: start publishing false reports of legislative actions designed to allow crazed gun owners free rein to shoot up towns and cities with fully automatic weapons.

nitrox920
08-22-2009, 08:03
Denial is a defense mechanism postulated by Sigmund Freud, in which a person is faced with a fact that is too uncomfortable to accept and rejects it instead, insisting that it is not true despite what may be overwhelming evidence. [1] The subject may deny the reality of the unpleasant fact altogether (simple denial), admit the fact but deny its seriousness (minimization) or admit both the fact and seriousness but deny responsibility (projection).....

darwin25
08-23-2009, 03:43
We should stop ranting and we should organaize ourselves. Our gun rights have been trampled on for so long by these enept lawmakers who dont understand the repercussions of their laws. We should have a voice, I am sure there are alot of us. We have Progun but admit it or not, most of us are guilty of being to lazy to make stand.

I agree. I am willing to be organized. Whatever we think of Progun, it is the only one we got. Progun is better than nothing. If you guys have another idea of bringing up another group other than Proguns let me know, I'm in. In any case, we need to be united and get organized.

Allegra
08-23-2009, 06:39
lapit na eleksyon
pwede yan party list para may ngipin

edtf
08-23-2009, 07:10
lapit na eleksyon
pwede yan party list para may ngipin

too late tapos na ang registering of party list :( - and party list is for marginalized sector only. YEAH right

Allegra
08-23-2009, 07:36
too late tapos na ang registering of party list :( - and party list is for marginalized sector only. YEAH right

kunwari mga poor tayo....

9MX
08-23-2009, 08:56
kunwari mga poor tayo....

ako poor talaga:yawn:

saki1611
08-23-2009, 10:39
ako poor talaga:yawn:

anong poor ka? sabihin mo poor-oo:tongueout:h ka kalokohan!

Poodle
08-23-2009, 16:49
Saan website me kopya nung proposed house bill?

Clusterbomb
08-23-2009, 20:39
A repressive government will always disarm its population first. We are not yet there but this House Bill if passed, will tighten the gun control screws in that direction. A creeping prelude to emergency rule?

darwin25
08-23-2009, 20:43

Kung pwede mga sabungero, pwede din mga poor gunowners.

asian_glockster
08-23-2009, 20:51
Why is it that when the penalty is harsh, congress changes the penalty light, and then they make it harsh again??

The death penalty for example, they removed the death penalty, then they restored it, then they have it removed again??

I just hope that they don't make this law as a form of "harassment". I just don't want to be in a middle of a situation wherein a "firearm" suddenly appears beside me.. Because I think the mere "possession" of a firearm is a prima facie evidence...

Nuff said....

CatsMeow
08-23-2009, 22:02
To the consternation of our friends in Cebu, Rep. Cuenco is one of the two.

I'd like to hear how we could stop this from happening. Remember, illegal possession of firearms is malum prohibitum, simply meaning good faith is immaterial. One can slip a paltik into your bag without your knowing, and that will be that.

And guess what's the most violent country in Europe:

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1106838

edtf
08-23-2009, 22:28
Why is it that when the penalty is harsh, congress changes the penalty light, and then they make it harsh again??

The death penalty for example, they removed the death penalty, then they restored it, then they have it removed again??

I just hope that they don't make this law as a form of "harassment". I just don't want to be in a middle of a situation wherein a "firearm" suddenly appears beside me.. Because I think the mere "possession" of a firearm is a prima facie evidence...

Nuff said....

Funny thing was penalty for loose was pretty stiff before but because Robin Padilla got caught with a cache of arms and was suppose to rot in jail for it they lowered the jail terms for illegal possession

jimbullet
08-24-2009, 01:26
Funny thing was penalty for loose was pretty stiff before but because Robin Padilla got caught with a cache of arms and was suppose to rot in jail for it they lowered the jail terms for illegal possession

There goes to show you that those in power will tend to adjust the law, make amendments when it suits them.

akula
08-24-2009, 06:09
Here is the copy of the House Bill and its explanatory notes so as to dispel that its pure rumor-mongering.

Thanks to ACM Airsoft Forum for the images

Explanatory Notes :
http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p434/vokiak/page1.jpg
http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p434/vokiak/page2.jpg
http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p434/vokiak/page3.jpg
http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p434/vokiak/page4.jpg

Please read. You be the judge...

akula
08-24-2009, 06:10
Actual Bill :
http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p434/vokiak/bill-1.jpg
http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p434/vokiak/bill-2.jpg
http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p434/vokiak/bill-3.jpg
http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p434/vokiak/bill-4.jpg

akula
08-24-2009, 06:10
http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p434/vokiak/bill-5.jpg
http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p434/vokiak/bill-6.jpg
http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p434/vokiak/bill-7.jpg

Blitzer
08-24-2009, 06:14
i for one dont have a problem with the bill. as far as from what i read on the above post, it does not have an effect on legally owned and carried firearms.

no. 5 will stop the BG from finding loopholes in our laws. eg.if you discharge an illegal firearm without aiming at a person, your charge for causing a scene and not for carrying an illegal firearm(remember the case with the foreigner).

no. 3 i totally agree with.

no. 1 will stop those BG's who uses airsoft pistols and ar's foor robbery's etc.

no.2 i can see why they would want to do this but can see scenarios which would make things unfair to people.

no.4 i disagree unless a more detailed description of what is classified as light arms. i tend to agree with this if something like a .50 calibre barret rifle is prohibited to civilians. there's just no justification for ownership of such a thing by your average individual.
*i think they meant yung light machine guns though (yung may external drum) which would make it the same as to the restrictions we have now.

yet we dont know what other loopholes are allowed with said bill. baka may exemptions pa rin like what we have now na bawal (sort of) ang ownership ng long firearms for civilians unless idaan mo by transfer or amnesty....

just my opinion....

Put down the crack pipe and step away from the keyboard... :whistling: :wow::steamed:

Blitzer
08-24-2009, 06:25
What is this? http://www.opencongress.org/bill/110-h6658/show#

<nobr>
And this link: H.R. 6658: (http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-6658)</nobr>
<nobr>110<sup>th</sup> Congress</nobr>http://www.govtrack.us/media/help2.gif<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td> This is a bill in the U.S. Congress originating in the House of Representatives ("H.R."). A bill must be passed by both the House and Senate and then be signed by the President before it becomes law.
Bill numbers restart from 1 every two years. Each two-year cycle is called a session of Congress.This bill was created in the 110<sup>th</sup> Congress, in 2007-2008.
The titles of bills are written by the bill's sponsor and are a part of the legislation itself. GovTrack does not editorialize bill summaries.

</td></tr></tbody></table>

2007-2008

Disaster Response, Recovery, and Mitigation Enhancement Act of 2008

akula
08-24-2009, 06:29
Sorry, Blitzer. This bill is by the Philippine Congress.

bikethief
08-24-2009, 10:09
Just read through the bill. No biggie. I don't think our legally acquired firearms are in any danger.

And Blitzer, what are YOU smoking? Read the subforum description before you start heckling.

CatsMeow
08-24-2009, 18:49
BTW the reclusion perpetua provided in the bill is NOT equivalent to life imprisonment, it's about 40 years max (that is if you're still alive by then, if not, it's actually life imprisonment). Life imprisonment means you stay in jail till you die, and is provided in special laws. This penalty is notably imposed on illegal recruiters in large scale.

Those who took the 1994 bar exams should know, it was one of the questions.:supergrin:

So there's visual confirmation, thanks to akula. Now, any suggestions on how to go about it?

Blitzer, you need to stroke your cat more, nothing like the gentle purr of one's beloved pet to calm you down after the end of a long day. That's what I do.:wavey:

Blah!
08-24-2009, 19:06
I don't care what they do. they are not getting my guns until im dead and finished with them.

edtf
08-24-2009, 19:34
I don't care what they do. they are not getting my guns until im dead and finished with them.

hahaha don't worry this is a problem in the Philippines but if you guys aren't careful and vigilant than this can happen to you guys too :shocked:

darwin25
08-24-2009, 20:50
Just read through the bill. No biggie. I don't think our legally acquired firearms are in any danger.

It's a biggie, drum-fed could mean all box mag-fed guns because technically, all box mag-fed guns can be fed with drum magazines.

CatsMeow
08-24-2009, 22:49
If those two congressmen would like us to think it only governs SAWs like the Ultimax or that Chinese RPK displayed at the Twin Pines booth at the last gunshow...:upeyes: Both the AR and the AK take drum magazines. Heck, there are still some M1928 Thompsons around. And that .22 drum-fed machine gun which never fails to make its appearance at the gunshows. You want them banned as well?

My only consolation is that my local congressman is a shooter; I trust he's not as pea-brained as many of his colleagues.

choi_tan2000
08-25-2009, 01:50

i agree with this, actualy sa existing law natin ay prohibited talaga mga anti tank guns like the .50 cals and machined guns

Gun Shark
08-25-2009, 01:53
it will never pass

I hope I am right.

choi_tan2000
08-25-2009, 02:22
The penalty of reclusion perpetua shall be imposed upon any person who shall unlawfully acquire or possess a light weapon. The term light weapon refers to a weapon designed for use by two or more persons serving as a crew or maybe carried and used by a single person which shall include drum-fed and belt fed submachine light and heavy machine guns, hand held under barrel and mounted grenade launchers, portable anti aircraft guns, portable anti tank guns, recoilless rifles, portable launchers of anti aircraft missile systems and mortars of a caliber of less than one hundred millimeters, a light weapon shall be lawfully acquired or possessed exclusively by the armed forces of the Philippines or the Philippine national police/\,

In any case, where an unlicensed firearm or light weapon is carried in parts by, or is otherwise in the possession of two (2) or more persons, each and every one of the of those persons shall be deemed in possession of the firearms or light weapon.

When more than three person are armed, and any of the arms carried by any of said persons is an unlicensed firearm or light weapon. It shall be presumed that there is an intention to commit another crime other than that of illegal possession of firearms or light weapon

i tried to copy some part o 6658 re: light weapons hope some of our lawyers here may enlighten us onthis meaning

darwin25
08-25-2009, 03:53
i tend to agree with this if something like a .50 calibre barret rifle is prohibited to civilians. there's just no justification for ownership of such a thing by your average individual.

Why not?

A person should be able to own these weapons because enemies of freedom owns these kinds of weapons.

naro
08-25-2009, 07:23
Is it possible that this bill was originally intended to create different interpretations which eventually leads to possible abuse? Sirs, correct me if I'm wrong, is it true that aside from drugs a FA can as easily be planted as evidence against an individual?

Blitzer
08-25-2009, 08:31
After I posted I saw the reference to the Philippine Congress. Me bad, OOPS!

CatsMeow
08-25-2009, 19:27
The penalty of reclusion perpetua shall be imposed upon any person who shall unlawfully acquire or possess a light weapon. The term light weapon refers to a weapon designed for use by two or more persons serving as a crew or maybe carried and used by a single person which shall include drum-fed and belt fed submachine light and heavy machine guns, hand held under barrel and mounted grenade launchers, portable anti aircraft guns, portable anti tank guns, recoilless rifles, portable launchers of anti aircraft missile systems and mortars of a caliber of less than one hundred millimeters, a light weapon shall be lawfully acquired or possessed exclusively by the armed forces of the Philippines or the Philippine national police/\,

In any case, where an unlicensed firearm or light weapon is carried in parts by, or is otherwise in the possession of two (2) or more persons, each and every one of the of those persons shall be deemed in possession of the firearms or light weapon.

When more than three person are armed, and any of the arms carried by any of said persons is an unlicensed firearm or light weapon. It shall be presumed that there is an intention to commit another crime other than that of illegal possession of firearms or light weapon

i tried to copy some part o 6658 re: light weapons hope some of our lawyers here may enlighten us onthis meaning

Okay, definition of "light weapon":

1. "designed for use by two or more persons serving as a crew" = crew-served weapons, at the very least, light machine guns such as the M60 or the FN MAG, which require a gunner and assistant gunner. ALREADY FORBIDDEN TO CIVILIANS.

2. "maybe carried and used by a single person" = squad automatic weapons such as the FN Minimi or the Daewoo K3 now in use by the AFP, at least that's how they want us to think...

But there's this catch-all "which shall include drum fed and belt fed submachine light and heavy machine guns". Thus all these types of weapons are prohibited by said proposed law:

Drum-fed = SAWs like the Ultimax, RPK (at least the Chinese one which is issued with a 75rd drum). But the AR-15/M-16 accepts the Beta C-Mag, among others, while the AK can accept the Chinese RPK drum mag. And that ultra-heavy USAS-12 shotgun...

Belt-fed = already forbidden, AFAIK I haven't seen one in private hands. But with the proper kit as I've seen somewhere in Small Arms Review, an AR can be converted to belt-feed (getting the links is another matter).

Submachine gun = usually magazine fed but there's also the M1928 Thompson of which there are some in private hands. And that cute .22 machine gun with the top-mounted Lewis-type drum can be deemed included, heck, I saw one at the Armscor range last Sunday.

Light and heavy machine guns, anti-tank weapons = nice to have but ALREADY EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN by the PNP. And some years back they confiscated fired LAWs at Dau, someone hasn't been boning up on what an M66 LAW is, how typical...

And don't think a little .22 is not included, I've seen a drum mag for a 10-22.

My point? This very poorly-written clause is a catch-all which, to nefarious-minded authorities, will encompass ALL our long arms. Fight it.

darwin25
08-25-2009, 20:08
There is a snail-drum mag develeped for the 1911 pistol. Also a snail drum mag for the luger. Semi-auto pistols can be converted to machine-pistols (aka submachineguns).

Guess what? That means no more semi-auto pistols for us lowly civilians.

atmarcella
08-25-2009, 22:24
last mag is glock w/ drum, looks like beta C for glock (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBjUDCyDCuI)

darwin25
08-27-2009, 01:07
Hi guys, may inaarange na multi-org meeting si bro 3kings with regards dito sa HB6658.

Kindly visit this thread sa kabilang forum and signify your intention to attend this meeting.

http://www.pinoyguns.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=262363#262363

thanks

nitrox920
08-27-2009, 09:47
Lets start the progun campaign now. iF the left can move, why cant we...

3kings
09-03-2009, 02:11
IF YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR FIREARM READ THIS

all concerns will now be posted here for complilation.
http://www.pinoyguns.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=100

kindly share your inputs. TIME IS RUNNING OUT. we need to make our position based on your feedback by next week Sept 10, 2009

pls pass info. thanks.

st. matthew
09-03-2009, 02:43
IF YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR FIREARM READ THIS

nakaka-nerbyos naman ito.

may we please ask our lawyers in the house to explain it in layman's term what this bill really mean.

maraming salamat :embarassed:

choi_tan2000
09-03-2009, 02:52
Okay, definition of "light weapon":

1. "designed for use by two or more persons serving as a crew" = crew-served weapons, at the very least, light machine guns such as the M60 or the FN MAG, which require a gunner and assistant gunner. ALREADY FORBIDDEN TO CIVILIANS.

2. "maybe carried and used by a single person" = squad automatic weapons such as the FN Minimi or the Daewoo K3 now in use by the AFP, at least that's how they want us to think...

But there's this catch-all "which shall include drum fed and belt fed submachine light and heavy machine guns". Thus all these types of weapons are prohibited by said proposed law:

Drum-fed = SAWs like the Ultimax, RPK (at least the Chinese one which is issued with a 75rd drum). But the AR-15/M-16 accepts the Beta C-Mag, among others, while the AK can accept the Chinese RPK drum mag. And that ultra-heavy USAS-12 shotgun...

Belt-fed = already forbidden, AFAIK I haven't seen one in private hands. But with the proper kit as I've seen somewhere in Small Arms Review, an AR can be converted to belt-feed (getting the links is another matter).

Submachine gun = usually magazine fed but there's also the M1928 Thompson of which there are some in private hands. And that cute .22 machine gun with the top-mounted Lewis-type drum can be deemed included, heck, I saw one at the Armscor range last Sunday.

Light and heavy machine guns, anti-tank weapons = nice to have but ALREADY EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN by the PNP. And some years back they confiscated fired LAWs at Dau, someone hasn't been boning up on what an M66 LAW is, how typical...

And don't think a little .22 is not included, I've seen a drum mag for a 10-22.

My point? This very poorly-written clause is a catch-all which, to nefarious-minded authorities, will encompass ALL our long arms. Fight it.

thats how i look at it sir cats, thats why i wanna hear some point of view of a lawyers. as always you always help things clear to us. i hope also that the lawmakers that has to review and approve this bill, may have the same mind like yours sir cats.

something should realy be done about this matter, hope theres somebody who will lobby this to the congressmen and senators

choi_tan2000
09-03-2009, 02:54
btw mga sir's theres a lot of gun enthusiast in congress and senate.

noynoy aquino, bong revilla merun paba iba? sa senate

sa congress, bong bong marcos, at marami pa po iba baka me mga may kilala on contact ang iba sa atin dito maybe we could invite them in one of our discussion or forum. so we can air our sides po.

darwin25
09-03-2009, 03:45
multi-org meeting on Sept. 10,2009 at Magnus Shooting Range in Ortigas. Time is 7:00PM.
Everyone is invited to attend

details here

http://www.pinoyguns.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=264962#264962

3kings
09-03-2009, 08:09
suggest ko lang read the bill a couple of times.
the first 3 times i read medyo di ko nakita yung mga implied, hidden, gray areas dun. after a couple of times reading it you will arrive at different points of view. check na lang with the opinions of others.

superman79
09-03-2009, 12:43

And Blitzer, what are YOU smoking? Read the subforum description before you start heckling.

Bikethief, what are you smoking? Wait! I'm smoking the same s***!:cool:

3kings
09-05-2009, 03:08
ProGun has set up a petition site to gather signatures of people opposing this bill. The site is here:

http://www.petitiononline.com/noto6676/petition.html

Please sign the petition and pass the link to as many people as you can.

Salamat mga kapatid!

PMMA97
09-05-2009, 03:27
As of this writing there was 80 signatures. We will need much more to cause a dent.

pipo
09-05-2009, 16:09
worst case scenario. If this bill eventually gets passed. What would you think will we be allowed to own legally?

zorkd
09-07-2009, 01:17
i don't see any section in this bill that would, as the thread title suggests, "take away your firearms" - unless you are referring to objects not currently classified as firearms (airsoft, paintball) OR already illegal anyway because of failure to register or involvement in crime.

CatsMeow
09-07-2009, 18:52
ProGun has set up a petition site to gather signatures of people opposing this bill. The site is here:

http://www.petitiononline.com/noto6676/petition.html

Please sign the petition and pass the link to as many people as you can.

Salamat mga kapatid!

Done. 776 and counting.

My objections are already on record. Especially that "guilt by association" thing.

edtf
09-07-2009, 20:22
i don't see any section in this bill that would, as the thread title suggests, "take away your firearms" - unless you are referring to objects not currently classified as firearms (airsoft, paintball) OR already illegal anyway because of failure to register or involvement in crime.

Check out the any firearm that will take a drum mag is a light infantry weapon - M16, MP5, Uzis all take in Beta c mags. This will be taken away from the owners.

The way they are railroading the bill also makes it suspicious.

darwin25
09-07-2009, 23:03
Check out the any firearm that will take a drum mag is a light infantry weapon - M16, MP5, Uzis all take in Beta c mags. This will be taken away from the owners.

The way they are railroading the bill also makes it suspicious.

No bro, the drum mag issue is not the catch all phrase.

The catch all phrase is in bold.

The term light weapon refers to a weapon designed for use by two or more persons serving as a crew or maybe carried and used by a single person which shall include drum-fed and belt fed submachine light and heavy machine guns

That means all guns, no matter the make, caliber, size or type of action.

edtf
09-07-2009, 23:16
No bro, the drum mag issue is not the catch all phrase.

The catch all phrase is in bold.

The term light weapon refers to a weapon designed for use by two or more persons serving as a crew or maybe carried and used by a single person which shall include drum-fed and belt fed submachine light and heavy machine guns

That means all guns, no matter the make, caliber, size or type of action.

:steamed: that is even worse!!!!
Forget about buying any HPR from now up to after the elections....

Makes me think - you think this is also a way for these guys to extort money from AFAD or gun dealers???

darwin25
09-07-2009, 23:21
:steamed: that is even worse!!!!
Forget about buying any HPR from now up to after the elections....

Makes me think - you think this is also a way for these guys to extort money from AFAD or gun dealers???

You guys would be surprised sa position ng AFAD about this issue. :shocked:

Tsaka ko na lang sabihin kapag confirmed na.

pipo
09-08-2009, 16:02
i guess will settle na lang muna for a shottie for xmas