Remington 700 or Tikka T3? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Remington 700 or Tikka T3?

Glocked-N-Loaded
08-20-2009, 09:43
Trying to decide on a new rifle for deer season and having a hard time between these 2. Any experience with either or both would be appreciated.

StockGlock23
08-20-2009, 21:34
Both will kill a deer just as dead as the other. Tikkas are maybe overall nicer and have a better fit and finish, but the Rem 700 is a classic and will have a huge aftermarket if you want to go that route.

msoprano
08-20-2009, 22:14
Both have a good reputation for accuracy. For me it would depend on the grade of the 700 for me. I love the CDL 700s.

minnshooter
08-21-2009, 12:54
I would look hard at a Savage, great out of the box accuracy, sweet trigger, lower price!!

Usingmyrights
08-21-2009, 21:06
I was in the same boat last year and wanted the Tikka due it having a smoother action and a better trigger. After calling up about 10 different places, no one had one in stock except Gander and they wanted way to much for one. I found a lightly used 700 CDL so I bought that. I can say that I'm not the least bit disappointed. I'd like to have a little nicer trigger on it, but thats something that can be fixed. Its not bad, I just want better. I think either way you go you'll be ok. Just remember that if you plan on shooting a hot round that the Tikka will hurt more to shoot

carbofan21
08-23-2009, 04:19
the tikka's lighter weight will probably translate to a little more felt recoil, but a limbsaver pad is all the protection your shoulder will need. my t3 hunter is chambered for .30-06

220 grain remington core lokt will thump you like an angry mule, but the limbsaver will prevent you from getting any sort of a bruise

Esox357
08-23-2009, 19:55
Tikka T3 all the way. I want the rifle to shoot as soon as I buy it. The rem has a ton of aftermarket parts but why should I have to bed and lighten the trigger before it will shoot? I have both rifles and love both but Tikka is all I buy currently. Esox357.

Usingmyrights
08-23-2009, 23:05
Tikka T3 all the way. I want the rifle to shoot as soon as I buy it. The rem has a ton of aftermarket parts but why should I have to bed and lighten the trigger before it will shoot? I have both rifles and love both but Tikka is all I buy currently. Esox357.

The Rem is ok right out of the box. I'd say that without any changes or adjustments that it can outshoo most shooters. The Tikka is nicer out of the box, but with a small amount of work the Rem can be just as good if not better, with a huge aftermarket to back it up if he ever decides he wants something different down the road

Big Bird
08-25-2009, 06:53
Tikka...unless you enjoy working on guns. Then, by all means the Remington. Because you'll need to work on it... There's lots of things I don't like about the Tikka mostly relating to cosmetics and aesthetics. But the one thing you can't argue with is that short of mounting a scope its ready to go out of the box! Throw away the crappy rings that come with it. I used Talley rings and bases on mine but there are other less expensive options that will work as well... But the aluminum rings that come with it are crap.

crash700
08-27-2009, 12:00
I have both and would recommend Tikka hands down. I have two T3 Hunters, one in 7mag and one in 308 Win, they are both tack drivers and I could not be happier. My remington's all had to be sent off to be bedded and reworked to be as accurate as my Tikka's were out of the box. Either way, you probably won't go wrong. There are a large amount of aftermarket parts for the Remington and most smiths work on them if you have problems. Tikka T3 Hunter all the way with a Limbsaver. Perfect rifle IMHO and I did use the rings that came with them on both rifles with no problems yet after a couple of hunting seasons.

luv2brode
08-27-2009, 14:15
no tikka exp here but wouldnt part with my rem 700, only change i made to it is the addition of a scope and a sling.

countryrebel
10-01-2009, 13:39
Tikka T3 has everything you could ask for. Dump the crappy rings and get some deadnuts one piece mounts. I will be buying more T3's.

CanyonMan
10-01-2009, 18:45
Remington 700, if chosing between the two.

CM