Gonna try Markham Range on Saturday! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Gonna try Markham Range on Saturday!

GlocknSpiehl
08-20-2009, 09:55
Looks really nice! Gonna go and shoot our rifles, and maybe my blackpowder pistol.

Any tips or suggestions? Do they take reservations?

rich52us
08-20-2009, 14:10
Looks really nice! Gonna go and shoot our rifles, and maybe my blackpowder pistol.

Any tips or suggestions? Do they take reservations?

No reservations. There's a sign-in sheet when you get there. Get there well before they open or you will not make the first string.

GlocknSpiehl
08-23-2009, 12:34
Wow! What a nice range! Really enjoyed ourselves there. The RSO's were very nice and the set up was great. Arrived at 9AM and were on the line at 9:10!

tshadow6
09-21-2009, 16:27
I used to shoot at Markham Park Range all the time when I lived in S. FL. The range is featured in a scene of the movie "The Substitute" I think it is the first movie, there are several sequels. If you go to the Markham Range, you will recognize it in the movie.

Ahmid
10-09-2009, 15:58
I go to Markham on some weekends for the Cowboy Shoots, The range is very nice where they shoot modern weapons and the RO's very nice and helpful.

Dillusion
10-12-2009, 19:57
I went last weekend when I was there visiting parents, was finally fun to shoot past 50 yds!

JungleJim
10-17-2009, 12:03
Right down the road from me, I'll have to check it out. I had always heard bad things about the RO, I guess I should find out for myself.

GlocknSpiehl
10-20-2009, 16:11
Gonna take the wife there this weekend to do some outdoor shooting!

Evela
10-20-2009, 18:05
Nice park, but note the wind unless you like breathing lead...

Jr_sanchez
11-10-2009, 19:12
i've been dyin to go, but due to work and etc i cant go. But the 1st chance i get i am going

Powder
11-10-2009, 21:34
I think I've posted this before but my Grandfather designed Markham Park and the range himself when he was Chief Engineer for Broward County parks and recreation. His name is on the plaque by the entrance doors.

Anyways, he would get a huge smile knowing fellow gun enthusaists are enjoying it. I'll have to show him this thread.

Jr_sanchez
11-11-2009, 11:57
I think I've posted this before but my Grandfather designed Markham Park and the range himself when he was Chief Engineer for Broward County parks and recreation. His name is on the plaque by the entrance doors.

Anyways, he would get a huge smile knowing fellow gun enthusaists are enjoying it. I'll have to show him this thread.

i wonder if he gets a nice discount :D