Need advice on boat ride [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on boat ride

Ramjet38
08-22-2009, 16:10
Need expertís advice here, and by that I mean anyone that has any experience or any knowledge on the matter. In other words not looking for only Pro.

Will be going on a Jet Boat ride up the Rogue River end of September and was wondering what would be best riding on a boat. Switch the camera shake OFF or ON? (PENTAX K10D).
Thanks

Capt Rick Hiott
09-08-2009, 19:14
Ride on the very back of the boat and turn the camera shake button on so your pic's wont be blurry. Also use a high shutter speed.

Ramjet38
09-08-2009, 19:32
Thanks Capt Rick for the good info. I had read that a photographer was on an Alaskan cruise (I don't think it was one of the larger lines) and was taking photos of whale and such. He turned his off saying the rolling and pitching of the ship would counter react the anti-shake mode. It may have been tripoded I don't remember, and the owners manual recommends turning off if so. I will be hand holding only for the boat is not that large and I can see that any rolling would have a negative effect. What you said makes sense. thanks, I didn't think anyone was going to give me a response.

Capt Rick Hiott
09-08-2009, 19:39
I don't know anything about a Pentax,,,,But on the high-end Canon's its called "IS" for Image Stabilization. Its built into the lens and should be on to stop camera shake.
Like I said,,a high shutter speed will help you also.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f68/RickHiott/CaptRichard02.jpg