Request [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Request

Usingmyrights
08-23-2009, 10:47
First a little info. The same person that let me hunt his land last year is letting me again this year. I don't really have the cash to buy him anything nice this year though (Last year I bought him a nice bone handled Case Trapper knife that came in a Turkey box call, since he both enjoys turkey hunting and trapping.
This year I'm going to have to go cheap. I saw a way to make a nice turkey/game carrier using shed antlers. Having only seriously hunted for one year, and FL not be a good place to find decent sheds, I'm wondering if anyone has some sheds that they could give/sell me for cheap. Or atleast direct me to where I could get them for cheap. I'd gladly pay the shipping on it either way. I know that beggers can't be choosers, but the only thing I ask is that they not be bleached out. Thanks in advance

Esox357
08-23-2009, 19:53
Can't help with the sheds, but maybe a gas voucher, or a gift certificate to a grocery store, that is normally what we do. Say 20-50 dollars. Esox357

Usingmyrights
08-23-2009, 22:48
I'm wanting something a little more personal. My idea is simple to make, and will be pretty cheap if I can score some sheds

Jonesee
08-24-2009, 10:39
If you have a digital camera. Walk the property, take a lot of pictures, fill the camera memory. then sit at home and go thropugh them, work with them, crop a couple until you have a unique picture that he will recognize as his property. then enlarge it and have it printed at walmart. Frame it and there you go!!

Gates entering the property are always good if you have a veiw of the property in the background. Barns, out buildings etc. Draws and high ground looking across an expanse is always good. A shot looking down a fire road in the pines is always nice. Don't shoot a close up shot take a lot in the viewfinder. it will give you more choice later. You can always zoom in and crop the unique image that may be in the corner of a broad shot.

All it costs you is time and maybe 25 bucks for pic and framing. Send it with a personal gracious letter of thanks and you will have a place to hunt next year too.

Anyone who owns land, loves pictures of their property. All land owners are proud of ther property and to most their land is a personal thing.

BTW what part of Florida are you hunting?

Usingmyrights
08-24-2009, 12:28
If you have a digital camera. Walk the property, take a lot of pictures, fill the camera memory. then sit at home and go thropugh them, work with them, crop a couple until you have a unique picture that he will recognize as his property. then enlarge it and have it printed at walmart. Frame it and there you go!!

Gates entering the property are always good if you have a veiw of the property in the background. Barns, out buildings etc. Draws and high ground looking across an expanse is always good. A shot looking down a fire road in the pines is always nice. Don't shoot a close up shot take a lot in the viewfinder. it will give you more choice later. You can always zoom in and crop the unique image that may be in the corner of a broad shot.

All it costs you is time and maybe 25 bucks for pic and framing. Send it with a personal gracious letter of thanks and you will have a place to hunt next year too.

Anyone who owns land, loves pictures of their property. All land owners are proud of ther property and to most their land is a personal thing.

BTW what part of Florida are you hunting?

Not a bad idea, but he no longer owns the property. He still has access to it as a "lease manager/caretaker" though. Unfortunately the only thing I think that might make a halfwas decent photograph is the creek depending on the level. I'm supposed to head out there Friday to top off the feeders, so I'll have a look then

vafish
08-24-2009, 17:27
Share some of your kill with him.

Most landowners love some venison if it has been nicely packaged for them.

Usingmyrights
08-24-2009, 23:18
He hunts to, and actually has access to more places than I do. He recently retired from his own business so now he just does some of the smaller things that he did one side. Basically, he's got more time and places to go.

vafish
08-25-2009, 06:26
Any deer farms in Florida?

They would have shed antlers.

Big Bird
08-25-2009, 06:50
A turkey or country ham for Thanksgiving or Christmas is a welcome gift by many... and not more than $20.

We foxhunt on about 8,000 acres of farms and give gift baskets and whiskey at Christmas. This summer our club spent thousands of manhours clearing trails and brush from this past winter ice storms. I can't tell you how much good will that generated! We also have an annual BBQ picnic with a bluegrass band for our landowners. That's why our club has had access to 8,000 acres for over 47 years!