The New Shooting Park in Las Vegas [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : The New Shooting Park in Las Vegas

Barcroft
08-25-2009, 17:34
After seeing a report about a dedication of the new shooting park on north Decatur this morning, the wife and I took a trip up there to check out the situation.
I've gotta tell ya, this place is H-U-G-E, and is going to be a major draw to this area. It seems to spread out forever, and is very nicely constructed in tones to compliment the base of the mountain where it is located.
There will be lots of space for gun enthusiasts as well as archers, and even photographers will find this area to be a great destination.
I urge everyone to get up there and check it out; the roads are all paved, and even though there is still some construction going on, it's very easy to get around the clearly marked areas safely.
Just go north on Decatur until you can't go any further. Can't miss it!

EddieMossberg
09-06-2009, 21:27
My friend at work said it was pretty nice looking and HUGE. I'm excited.:supergrin:

GlocksterPaulie
09-06-2009, 22:16
What are they going to offer at this shooting park? Is it going to be like Desert Sportsman's range? I will be back in Vegas next month.

Paulie

crazypilot
09-06-2009, 22:37
Here's a link with info:
http://www.accessclarkcounty.com/depts/parks/locations/pages/Shooting_Park.aspx

itstime
09-06-2009, 22:50
Looks to be a good thing. Congrats to the locals. I'm jealous.

carbofan21
09-06-2009, 22:52
1200 yard rifle range

nice!

carbofan21
09-06-2009, 23:02
harry reid was there for the official ribbon cutting ceremonies, mugging for the cameras and showing how "gun friendly" he is :upeyes:

GlocksterPaulie
09-06-2009, 23:05
Reid is a friggin idiot. I see your guys boy Ensign got caught with his pants down.

Paulie:rofl: