Gun mechanics [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Gun mechanics

COWBOYSHOOTER
08-27-2009, 20:00
Ya know....long as I been on GT, you'd think I 'd come in here a lot more often. :dunno: I got a sick S&W 639. Really dont wanna send it back to S&W just to have them return it sayin they aint got the parts. BTDT on another 39. Anyone have any suggestions in Central Ky? I used to get my 'smithin done at Antique & Modern but that was years ago.

cwshootersupply
08-28-2009, 10:34
A couple of choices in Louisville area. On this forum GunDoc and then there
is a gunsmith(Paul) at Bluegrass Indoor Range and Gary Roman/Mark
at Firearms. service and Scott at Danny's Gun Repair.
And myself

CEW

KYgundoc
08-28-2009, 12:08
The most common problem with the S&W 639 was trigger bar breakage. I can diagnose the problem on that gun but if I can not find a part it may be worth it to retire the gun because the price to make a new part could be prohibitive. But it may be just a broken spring.

COWBOYSHOOTER
08-28-2009, 17:06
Thanks guys! the gun needs a new decocker. Brownells aint got it. And I dont know if it requires fitting or just a straight install. :crying:

KYgundoc
08-28-2009, 17:21
Broke in half? I have replaced these with no fitting on the parts I installed. Have fun.

COWBOYSHOOTER
08-28-2009, 18:35
Broke in half? I have replaced these with no fitting on the parts I installed. Have fun.

Its an ambidextrous one. The right side is no longer properly attached. Some bonehead just put a screw in it. And when the screw gets loose, after about a mag....:crying: I'd also like to get some more "custom" stuff done to it. Like milling out a place for a inset on the front sight and a white outline rear blade. LOTS of sharp edges I want gone too. Not cool enough to mill out the front ramp and havent been able to get a new blade or decocker. I could dehorn it myself most likely, but dont have the technology to beadblast it afterwards. (polished stainless gun, gonna look awful covered with scratches from my ametuer dehorning :rofl:)

So...here I is look for a gun mechanic that aint gonna charge me a grand and take 14 months :supergrin: If I can get it to where I want it, its gonna be my carry gun. Its more sleeker then my 5904 and seems more accurate. And a lot less rusty! :rofl:

KYgundoc
08-28-2009, 19:17
I used to carry a 3913 till I found Glocks. Ambi safety was held with a screw from the factory on that model. They have a small lock washer that keeps them from loosening. Only problem was that they were wide at that point. I am not set up to do that kind of work so try cwshootersupply.

COWBOYSHOOTER
08-29-2009, 19:42
I used to carry a 3913 till I found Glocks. Ambi safety was held with a screw from the factory on that model. They have a small lock washer that keeps them from loosening. Only problem was that they were wide at that point. I am not set up to do that kind of work so try cwshootersupply.

Thanks! I'm waitin to hear back from S&W :dunno:

COWBOYSHOOTER
09-09-2009, 22:33
S&W said to send it on in. UPS said they wont ship from the local UPS store. Gotta go to Lexington. Or Stanton. :upeyes:

burnsoft
10-06-2009, 12:35
S&W said to send it on in. UPS said they wont ship from the local UPS store. Gotta go to Lexington. Or Stanton. :upeyes:

Mike's firearms and archery in Frankfort is pretty good. If they are unable to fix it, they usually refer to a guy in bagdad, ky that is pretty good.

COWBOYSHOOTER
10-06-2009, 19:11
Mike's firearms and archery in Frankfort is pretty good. If they are unable to fix it, they usually refer to a guy in bagdad, ky that is pretty good.

Thanks! Frankfort aint much more inconvenient then a trip to the UPS palce in Lexington. :cool:

burnsoft
10-06-2009, 20:46
Thanks! Frankfort aint much more inconvenient then a trip to the UPS palce in Lexington. :cool:

Well if you are interested in mike's or ever in frankfort, you can check them out at http://mikesgunsandarchery.com/contactus.htm which you can stop buy or call them to see if they can help you out.