Florida is making it hard to renew your DL [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Florida is making it hard to renew your DL

Dalton Wayne
08-29-2009, 11:12
http://www.jacksonville.com/news/florida/2009-08-14/story/florida_drivers_license_rules_changing_in_2010

This is bullcrap.:upeyes:

gatorider
08-29-2009, 11:26
I copied and pasted the most important sentence in that story. Barry O' and his band of Gypsies are slowly taking over our lives.

"with these changes a license will become compliant with federal government provisions."

Mr. Blandings
08-29-2009, 14:53
The changes to the procedures for obtaining or renewing the Florida driver license or Florida identification card are mandated by the federal REAL ID Act (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/REAL_ID_Act), aproduct not of Obama's manufacture.

These changes are significant. Check the DHSMV website www.gathergoget.com for the details of the new requirements.

kwikrnu
08-29-2009, 15:02
I copied and pasted the most important sentence in that story. Barry O' and his band of Gypsies are slowly taking over our lives.

"with these changes a license will become compliant with federal government provisions."

Barry didn't do this Bush did. Tennessee does the same thing. I have to take all kinds of documents down there to make sure I can renew.

Six Feet Under
08-30-2009, 18:38
Can I renew my license a year early? It expires either next year or in 2011, but I think it's next year since that's when I turn 21.

BSG62
08-30-2009, 21:11
Barry didn't do this Bush did. Tennessee does the same thing. I have to take all kinds of documents down there to make sure I can renew.

+1. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean Obama did it. The REAL ID crap is totally Bush.

Javelin
08-30-2009, 21:20
+1. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean Obama did it. The REAL ID crap is totally Bush.

http://img.moronail.net/img/8/9/1689.jpg

tampashooters
09-10-2009, 13:18
At the risk of flaming.... This is a positive step at confirming identities, so that Terrorists, Illegals, etc. can't get a fake Drivers License. Making it a little harder, which it really isn't, makes YOU a little safer...

On a side note, I believe we should have a Federal Drivers License, administered by your respective state so that they are all the same.... Yes, I know.... OH NO a national ID card... Well folks.. Guess what.... YOU already have several, I just think they should be tied in together. ID, DL, Passport, SSN all in one convenient card instead of carrying around 5 different things, and it would save Billions of dollars....

If you are LEO, you know that each state comes back in a different format through NCIC, sometimes it's easy to read, and sometimes you can't understand it.... Make it universal and easy to read.

40 Cal Joe
09-10-2009, 16:38
Although this pretty much torques my converter, I understand the why. Its really our own fault. We let every Tom, Dick and Harry into the country with very little oversight. So now that some bad guys got in legally and killed 3000 fellow citizens 8 years ago, we have to jump through these hoops.

Hey, here is a novel concept US government. Provide for the common defense of the country is your main objective. How about making it more difficult to get into the country by protecting the borders instead of making it more difficult on us law abiding citizens each time your lack of action leads to catastrophe.

Next step is everyone will have to have "666" tatooed on the forehead?

And this is the same group who believes they can administer health care. RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT.