My 21 rattles [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : My 21 rattles

Jim S.
08-31-2009, 16:56
Some interesting stuff about my 21SF. I hope it helps anyone else who has found this.
The 13 round magazines rattle like heck when you put 13 rounds in them.
I've tried the palm slap - hard enough to hurt.
I've tried everything I can think of but the rounds rattle around in the magazine like they are loose and not being held under spring tension.
If I load 12 rounds into the mag they do not make noise...
until I put the mag into the gun. The extra pressure of the top round hitting the slide makes it rattle when I walk. Not good.
When I put 13 rounds in the mag and then put it into the gun...
guess what?
The extra pressure on the top round then makes it stop rattling.
Glock perfection hey? :supergrin:

USMCSergeant
08-31-2009, 17:07
My Glock30 and 27 do the same thing. When mags loaded to capacity, one always rattles around. When you put the mag into the gun, it stops rattling..

MSgt Dotson
09-13-2009, 11:32
the rounds stack in such a way to cause a gentle rattle of a round in the middle...

Cant hear it shooting....! :)

Jim S.
09-14-2009, 14:01
the rounds stack in such a way to cause a gentle rattle of a round in the middle...

Cant hear it shooting....! :)

That's true, but while I'm walking with a concealed weapon it just sounds strange that I rattle while I walk.

Opie 1 Kenopie
09-25-2009, 00:01
Whistle while you walk. Or take a car.

TangoFoxtrot
10-10-2009, 06:44
Some interesting stuff about my 21SF. I hope it helps anyone else who has found this.
The 13 round magazines rattle like heck when you put 13 rounds in them.
I've tried the palm slap - hard enough to hurt.
I've tried everything I can think of but the rounds rattle around in the magazine like they are loose and not being held under spring tension.
If I load 12 rounds into the mag they do not make noise...
until I put the mag into the gun. The extra pressure of the top round hitting the slide makes it rattle when I walk. Not good.
When I put 13 rounds in the mag and then put it into the gun...
guess what?
The extra pressure on the top round then makes it stop rattling.
Glock perfection hey? :supergrin:

I had this problem with my G23.

xaircav
10-31-2009, 20:39
All three of mine rattle with no apparent effect on function.

G36shooter
11-24-2009, 21:56
all the ratteling should end inside of the skumbags

AJSully421
12-07-2009, 13:27
My G21 rattles when empty, but does not when a full mag is pressed up against the bottom of the slide.

Does not affect accuracy, but can help it keep firing with crap all jammed up in it... so I do not complain.

Todesengel
07-14-2010, 20:58
get used to it! :rofl:

Seriously tho...it's your mag...one of mine rattles too.

Shotgunner
08-07-2010, 14:03
I have one that rattles, and eight that don't. I generally carry one in the gun and two in the pouches. When I put the one that rattles in the gun it's quiet, that generally solves the problem. I marked that one to ensure it goes in first.

I have had no problems with any of the mags other than that. I try to rotate the various other mags to prolong spring life. You can't walk around all day with a mag rattling, it will begin to annoy you and the people around you. After a while someone is going to want to pepper spray you.