AR gas system conversion [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : AR gas system conversion

jundeleon
09-01-2009, 01:59
Has anybody tried converting the AR gas operated system into the new piston driven system similar to the one found on the HK416 rifle?

Are there conversion kits available in the rp market?

edtf
09-01-2009, 02:58
Has anybody tried converting the AR gas operated system into the new piston driven system similar to the one found on the HK416 rifle?

Are there conversion kits available in the rp market?

I saw final option has/had a kit for a whopping 80k!! :wow:

mtho
09-01-2009, 08:39
i heard there is a filipino version being used by the afp

monico1123
09-11-2009, 18:10
tsismis lang ba ito??.. AFP version? ok ito if it is real

would like to hear it...thanks

nga pala.. im new here..paano ba ang maging myembro ng Band of Glockers?

9MX
09-11-2009, 23:52
mtho,

eto ba yung kay ferfrans?

for me, until i see military units using the piston set up extensively, i'd stick with the gas system

i_am_infinity
09-12-2009, 02:05
shot a piston type M4, well since i'm not an experienced rifle shooter i really don't know what to look for...ano ba advantage nun?

Poodle
09-12-2009, 06:37
shot a piston type M4, well since i'm not an experienced rifle shooter i really don't know what to look for...ano ba advantage nun?

The HK 416 is less prone to jamming and runs cooler than the original direct impingement gas setup in the M16/M4.

In July 2007, the US Army announced a limited competition between the M4 carbine, FN SCAR, HK416, and the previously-shelved HK XM8. Ten examples of each of the four competitors were involved. Each weapon was fired for 60,000 rounds in an "extreme dust environment." The purpose of the shootoff was for assessing future needs, not to select a replacement for the M4.[3][4] The XM8 scored the best, with only 127 stoppages in 60,000 total rounds, the FN SCAR Light had 226 stoppages, while the HK416 had 233 stoppages. The M4 carbine scored "significantly worse" than the rest of the field with 882 stoppages.

monico1123
09-15-2009, 09:39

several....

for one.. the weapon runs cooler..hence less wear and tear on the bolt carrier group...
secondly... the piston is where the gas and the carbon contacts... hence running a cleaner weapons system, making it run more rounds and cleaning is a cinch!
thirdly.... the recoil is more manageable when the weapon is used/deployed.

i hope this helps...

choi_tan2000
09-15-2009, 19:38
mtho,

eto ba yung kay ferfrans?

for me, until i see military units using the piston set up extensively, i'd stick with the gas system

mannix

im fortunate to see and used a ferframs M4 used by SWAT i dont know if this is standard issue na to all SWAT but i saw and used one with SWAT clamba city. looks the same almost same lang iputok nung m4 ko maliban sa they cant shoot a burst of 3 by pullig the triger lightly (on a full auto mode)

but the gun is overall reliable namn

Wp.22
09-15-2009, 21:09
here's a video link of HK416
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhUahGCfdxE

CatsMeow
09-16-2009, 03:12
It should be noted that the HK416, FN SCAR and HK XM8 were designed from the start as piston guns, unlike the ARES, Bushmaster or CMMG which were conversion kits to replace the existing direct impingement system. And the tests were done simulating desert conditions, firing many times a soldier's basic load, 6,000 rounds each. I got the article in Combat Tactics Magazine.

On the other hand, a friend in Cebu swears by his LWRC uppers.:supergrin:

The piston system does have this issue:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=432907&page=1

I'd rather have a gas tube, I clean my rifle diligently and if something goes wrong with the gas tube, True Weight is near my office.:supergrin:

TTPower
09-16-2009, 04:37
i heard there is a filipino version being used by the afp

mtho, ito ba yun?.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDVKYnaDOPs&feature=player_embedded

http://www.udmc-weapons.com/