Bad guys 2 Good guys 0 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Bad guys 2 Good guys 0

edtf
09-02-2009, 19:19
AND our PNP wants to disarm us and they will protect us.
The only time I will disarm is when there is no evil person walking in this world

Foreign filmmakers killed in Quezon City
By Reinir Padua (The Philippine Star) Updated September 03, 2009 12:00 AM

MANILA, Philippines - Two foreign independent filmmakers who chanced upon armed robbers when they arrived home Tuesday night were killed by the burglars, who gained entry into the residence suspected to be through connivance with the victims’ housemaid.

Victims were Canadian Alexis Tioseco, 29, and his live-in-partner Slovenian Nica Bohinc, 30, both died on the spot after they were gunned down inside their house at 39 Times Street in Barangay West Triangle.

Chief Inspector Benjamin Elenzano, head of the homicide investigation section of the Quezon City Police District, said the two victims were independent filmmakers.

Internet information showed Tioseco was a faculty member at the Arts Department of the University of Asia and the Pacific. Bohinc, meanwhile, was a freelance film journalist and programmer who worked as European Content Provider for SEA Images.

Elenzano said that they are now locating the couple’s new helper identified only as a certain Criselda, 46, and the three male suspects involved in the robbery-homicide case.

The police official said that the suspects took off aboard the couple’s Ford Lynx (CPW-329) and still undetermined types and amount of valuables from the house.

Magdalena Patpat, who has been working as a maid for the couple for three years, told policemen that Criselda has been working for the couple for a month after a friend recommended the suspect to her.

At around 10:40 p.m. on Tuesday, Patpat was watching television when Criselda asked permission to go out to a store. Criselda then returned accompanied by three armed men who hogtied and gagged her before she was locked up inside the maid’s quarters.

The couple then arrived at the house, causing a commotion, followed by gunshots. The suspects fled the house aboard the couple’s Ford Lynx which was later found abandoned along West Avenue that same night.

Black_SIR
09-02-2009, 19:39
and they wnt us unarmed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its ok to be unarmed if u have 6 armed buddies with you :steamed:

kontra
09-02-2009, 20:01
they want to disarm us so only they will have FAs. only them having FAs is not a very comforting idea. we all know that some of them actually use their FAs for not so legal activities.

9MX
09-03-2009, 07:22
hindi pala robbery ito kundi murder. the killlers drugged alexis' dog and waited for him to arrive. he had 8 gunshot wounds, pati sa kamay meron..mukhang pinahirapan bago tinatapos. ganun katindi ang galit. only his laptop was taken.

meowr
09-03-2009, 07:34
Correct me if I'm wrong, but since they were foreigners (according to the article), they both could NOT have owned firearms, right?

Or can foreign (non-Filipino) residents own firearms?

9MX
09-03-2009, 07:44
Correct me if I'm wrong, but since they were foreigners (according to the article), they both could NOT have owned firearms, right?

Or can foreign (non-Filipino) residents own firearms?

if they were foreigners, yes.

markieboy
09-03-2009, 07:47
That's correct. Philippine law allows gun ownership only to Filipino citizens. Therefore, all foreigners are left unarmed.

It really is a BS law. That's why I remain armed, whether I'm a Filipino citizen or not. I have the right to protect my life, by any means necessary.

I hate hearing news like this. :steamed:

s.g
09-06-2009, 18:09
Times St. Quezon City daw?

Neighbor ni Tita Cory, RIP.....

edtf
09-06-2009, 18:59
Times St. Quezon City daw?

Neighbor ni Tita Cory, RIP.....

House away or house infront. It happened when there was a presscon at Cory's house

Black_SIR
09-06-2009, 19:30
pwede ata mag ka fa ang foreigners with special permits

kontra
09-07-2009, 03:30
^^ +1. pwede yata foreigners. but more papers are required (not applicable to tourists, though)

isuzu
09-07-2009, 07:44
Try searching the PNP FED's website, and there's no clear-cut definition on firearms ownership.

9MX
09-07-2009, 07:58
Try searching the PNP FED's website, and there's no clear-cut definition on firearms ownership.

but there's this red book on fa laws by atty. topacio. iirc, i saw the specifics there.

will try to find the book and post

Glock_19_9x19
09-07-2009, 19:54
Arm us. Disarm and disband the PNP

PMMA97
09-13-2009, 19:43
This was the same guy that was interviewed with Carlo Caparas in ANC.

Let's just say that they were not on the same page.

Tsk.

Black_SIR
09-14-2009, 19:25

mahirap din sir kasi marami din OGAG na civilian :wow:

saki1611
09-14-2009, 19:46

think twice bro, hope you're just kidding. please try to review our statiscs in different fields which cause this crime rate not only in the philippines but in almost all nations. USA has their right to bear arms in their constitution and they have a very good standard of LE's but still their crime rate is far from zero.

beside bro, maawa ka sa akin at sa pamilya ko. mawawalan ako ng trabaho.:crying:

markieboy
09-14-2009, 22:35
I don't know of any country that has zero crime rate. Law enforcement can do their best to protect, but in many instances, fail. The individual is left to fend for himself, really.

I'm so glad the U.S. guarantees this right. :supergrin:

zij11zk
09-29-2009, 05:34
are there any updates to this case?

very sad to hear about these kinds of crime happening specially in better off neighborhoods...

I have to admit that crime is really rampant specially in poorer areas in the city but in TIMES Street?

Really alarming... Better to have a firearm ready to use at all times... situational awareness is really a must...

saki1611
09-29-2009, 08:19
I don't know of any country that has zero crime rate. Law enforcement can do their best to protect, but in many instances, fail. The individual is left to fend for himself, really.

I'm so glad the U.S. guarantees this right. :supergrin:

you're right having LEO's with best trainings and equipment still not a guarantee to have a peaceful community. how much more then without LEO's and everybody has right to bear arms? i believe the right of everyone to protect oneself in any danger even if this means to bear arms as a way, but without LEO's in a country or in a community it's a chaos.

iancg1
09-29-2009, 08:26
I think a combination of an RKBA with responsible gun owners, and a well trained and well equipped police force will be the best way to lower crime rate. Having only one without the other is only half the solution.

PMMA97
09-29-2009, 14:55
Poverty = Criminality.

iancg1
09-30-2009, 08:14
Poverty = Criminality.

Sorry, aside from combating poverty of course.