entertainment/excitement near Beaufort, SC? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : entertainment/excitement near Beaufort, SC?

NotAMonte86
09-03-2009, 04:02
Hello,

I will be spending some time this weekend in Beaufort, SC with the gf and her 23 month old girl, I don't know anything about the area. Any ideas for what we could do within, say, 45 min. drive? Being Labor Day weekend, maybe we'd prefer activities in places that aren't known as "hot spots."

We're up for different activities, maybe something like a zoo, nature trails, nice beach, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Glockphobia
09-03-2009, 04:14
lucky you!!
i'll be down there as well w/ the wife visiting the in-laws.
my opinion theres nothing to do, there is a drive-in theater not far from the air station.

nice beach - hunting island state park is on the othe side of beaufort.

what ever you do- do the speed limit, troopers are heavy down there. i know, my father in law is one

USMCsilver
09-07-2009, 07:57
There's always Hilton Head Island. It's one of the "ritzier" destinations in SC. If you head over that way, make sure to go to Harbour Town. Awesome little area where you can spend all day. While there, you MUST head down towards the "docks" and look at some of the private yachts down there. Impressive!

NotAMonte86
09-08-2009, 15:50
Hello and thanks. We went to Hunting Island, enjoyed the beach there. I thought it would be crowded due to the holiday weekend, but it wasn't bad at all. It was nice out there. There is also a nice area by what I'd guess is downtown Beaufort (21 & Bay St.). They have a playground and nice views by the water.

We also went to the Drive-In, wow that did not work out one bit. Bugs galore, even though we had Off! bug wipes. The speakers that should play sound didn't work, the alternative is to listen through your radio which doesn't sound like a great idea since you either have to run your car all night, or run the battery dead, or alternate between the two. They were playing three movies back to back to back. We left 20-30 minutes into the first movie.

I've never been to a drive-in theater before, so maybe this is to be expected from them. But that means I sure won't go to another one again! $6 per person for three movies sounded too good to be true...

The area sure doesn't have a lot going on, but it was a blast due to the people I was with!